Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those aren't bad numbers. The third fight isn't going to do as well if there is one. But overall those are solid numbers as for how much they spent on promoting etc is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      750,000? Yeah right. Can't trust the news anymore. My guess is no PPV without Floyd or Pac or Mcgregor gets 750,000 anymore. I'm suspicious they lied about Canelo-GGG PPV numbers too because if Canelo was really pulling 1 mil PPVs would he be on DAZN? Just saying...

I bet this sold 350k to 500k. Canelo-GGG probably sold 450k to 600K. Just a guess.
      This doesn't make sense, if Canelo sells 1 million PPV, that's 35-40 million to the promotion (which doesn't all go to Canelo, ofcourse), because the carriers take half. Or he can just take 35 million straight from DAZN with no risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        I was saying in my group chat 2 million was literally a figure arum pulled out of his ass.

I didn’t have very high expectations so to me it’s all relative. It’s a massive improvement over their first so I think they should be pleased. I never expected it to sell 1 mil personally I was thinking about 600k.
        I don't think you know what literally means.

Wilder though, is literally mentally ill.

Comment

Congratulations on PBC/ Top Rank having the highest selling PPV for 2020 and Lol... Amazing so now unnamed outside experts can dictate that 800K is a loss for PBC/ Top Rank? But but wait... even more telling, so this is a 50/50 venture for PBC and Top Rank and racist haters on here are only concerned by PBC’s non-source forecasted losses.

Why do you insecure loosely stated men even pretend anymore.

Comment

So it was basically a flop. The networks didn't even break even they lost money..

Comment

Originally posted by sinisterbehavior View Post
              I thought the promotion and fighters did everything right, i was hopeful it would do better. I think its just the PPV climate nowadays. How many more PPVs do you think they would have sold if it was priced at 49.99? I cannot understand why they dont go for more buys at the lower rate...it benefits the bottom line and increased viewers means more potential fans going forward.
              You don't understand why?

Because they're greedy .... what's the last big time boxing PPV you can recall that was $49.99? I got Cotto-Judah ... back in 2007, and even that mighta been $54.99

you take issue with the cost, which is lame - with such a high priced event you're already scaring possible customers away

but my issue is, why not try to put on an overall better event with more interesting/meaningful fights?

for the first fight on the PPV card Fundora-Lewis - around the midway point, give or take a round, they did a split screen showing Wilder's arrival to MGM ... and kept with it for about 2+ minutes.

Which I found kind of funny - you have a fight currently going on - but all commentary can do is jabber on about Wilder arriving to the arena, LOL

**if UFC PPV's (which are now exclusive to ESPN+) cost less ($64.99) and give more bang for their buck

^why can't that same logic apply for an $79.99 co-promoted boxing PPV?

I'm not asking for a Spence-Crawford co-main, but boxing PPV's need to give fans (even casuals) more compelling reasons to watch

Comment

Good for Wilder and Fury.

Terrible for PBC, Top Rank, Fox and ESPN.

Comment

In the streaming era its going to be very hard for any fight to do 1 million buys.

Comment

The networks/promoters might put a stop to Fury-Wilder 3 if the purses in the contract are too high. They've just taken a huge L.

Comment

Will be hard to sell 3rd after the one-sides beatdown and Wilder crying!!

Comment

Working...
                      X