Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

The Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder rematch was the most-watched heavyweight pay-per-view fight in the United States in more than 17 years. Their heavily hyped showdown did not, however, reach the expectations of its optimistic organizers. BoxingScene.com has learned that the event is projected to have produced slightly more than 750,000 pay-per-view buys in the U.S., the highest rate for a heavyweight fight through that platform since Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson in June 2002. Lewis' eighth-round knockout of Tyson generated roughly 1,970,000 buys, the second-highest total for a heavyweight fight in pay-per-view history.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Higher numbers than I expected really

Comment

Not great numbers, as the superbowl commercials would have cost a LOT.

Still, I think Fury has more box office potential now.

Comment

As I said in another thread not terrible numbers but arum was talking about 2 million buys and I’m sure some of you wilder fan boys were lapping that up.

It’s a big improvement from the first though. I don’t see how a rematch is going to sell more though so good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          As I said in another thread not terrible numbers but arum was talking about 2 million buys and I’m sure some of you wilder fan boys were lapping that up.

It’s a big improvement from the first though. I don’t see how a rematch is going to sell more though so good luck with that.
          2 mil was ******ed but I thought they might scrape 1m

These numbers are disappointing.

Comment

Bummmmmmmmmmm squaddddd 😂😂😂

Comment

I really dont get why people would have expected much higher than that. Seriously the first fight did 325k and that in itself was considered a massive step up from the kind of profile HW fights usually get in America these days. Before 2018 how many HW fights have even ****ing been on PPV in America in the last 10-15 years?

I'm trying to look it up and what I find:

Tyson/McBride - 250k
              Rahman/Maskaev 2 - 60k

In which case....750k is ****ing amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                2 mil was ******ed but I thought they might scrape 1m

These numbers are disappointing.
                I was saying in my group chat 2 million was literally a figure arum pulled out of his ass.

I didn’t have very high expectations so to me it’s all relative. It’s a massive improvement over their first so I think they should be pleased. I never expected it to sell 1 mil personally I was thinking about 600k.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  The Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder rematch was the most-watched heavyweight pay-per-view fight in the United States in more than 17 years. Their heavily hyped showdown did not, however, reach the expectations of its optimistic organizers. BoxingScene.com has learned that the event is projected to have produced slightly more than 750,000 pay-per-view buys in the U.S., the highest rate for a heavyweight fight through that platform since Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson in June 2002. Lewis' eighth-round knockout of Tyson generated roughly 1,970,000 buys, the second-highest total for a heavyweight fight in pay-per-view history.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  BIGPOPPAPUMP

you need to restore my rep, bruv.

I broke the news before anyone from insiders. I posted this yesterday before the press.

Comment

"About 1.1 million buys is believed to have been the number needed for the networks and promoters to break even on the event."

Comment

Working...
                    X