Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better than expected(if real) but still didn't make any money and they wont make any money on wilder going forward. this was there "lets take a loss here, but in the future we will earn it back" moment...woops!

Comment

• Just asking but where did that 1.1million break even no.come from and did that include an allowance for Wilders idiotic costume that as we all know was too heavy for him to carry 168 paces into the ring !

Comment

• Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
        2 mil was ******ed but I thought they might sc**** 1m

These numbers are disappointing.
        Agreed. There seemed to be a lot of hype and promotion behind the event, I thought it would do a million also. The population keeps getting higher after all. They did brag about it being the biggest HW gate, but they were also comparing it to a fight 20yrs ago without calculated inflation. They can’t be impressed with those numbers. At one point AJ vs Wilder seemed like the biggest fight in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          Its the cost. $80 is too much. The pric of boxing ppv has gone up, but the quality of these ppv's have gone down. If the were still $50-65 they would sell more.

There is a price that people will just not go beyond and $80 is too much.
          True. The numbers have gone up faster than inflation and there’s no good undercards anymore. They just assume u will buy it for the main event and they aren’t willing to sweeten the pot with another exciting championship fight even at the lightest weights.

Comment

• Over $60 Million in US PPV revenue alone

Comment

• Best AJ ever did on PPV was $67 Million worldwide

Wilder Fury 2 just did over $60 million in US alone.

AJ is now B side to either guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                750K barely makes money for one platform, let alone two.
                Exactly. I remember when Canelo GGG did 1mill+ back to back under HBO alone and people said the numbers were weak.

If 2million+ under one platform is weak, then 750k under two platforms has to be an utter failure.

Next go round will have way less promo, smaller purses or adjusted for the success or failure of the event. FOX & ESPN aren't in the business of losing money

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  It probably would have sold a lot more than that had it not been for all the illegal online streaming. I bet there were more than 2 million people who viewed this fight illegally through some online stream.
                  Spot on... and of course... why the hell should someone pay $80 for a single fight when you can sign up for DAZN and get many fights for $99 per year.

If the fight was $30 or so, I would buy it.

The people streaming are generally not the people who would of purchased it anyway.

Comment

• Ouch.

"they anticipated the Fury-Wilder rematch to eclipse one million buys. About 1.1 million buys is believed to have been the number needed for the networks and promoters to break even on the event."

Comment

• Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
                      Spot on... and of course... why the hell should someone pay $80 for a single fight when you can sign up for DAZN and get many fights for $99 per year.

If the fight was $30 or so, I would buy it.

The people streaming are generally not the people who would of purchased it anyway.
                      It's so true. It's not like that in the U.K. However; Where the Pay Per Views on average cost around £) 25 Pounds or about $30 U.S. dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X