Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fought As Dirty As Possible, But Bayless Let Him Get Away With It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Tyson Fury commended Kenny Bayless for the job that the veteran referee did during his rematch with Deontay Wilder on Saturday night. Wilder wasn't nearly as complimentary. The former WBC heavyweight champion criticized Bayless during an extensive interview with BoxingScene.com on Monday for allowing Fury to "fight dirty." Wilder believes Bayless should've done much more to prevent Fury from hitting him on the back of his head and neck, and from holding his head while leaning on him during a rematch Fury won by seventh-round technical knockout.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    I don't agree with any of Deontay Wilder's excuses but I get it.

I understand what he's doing and I think it's for the same reason a lot of fighters make excuses:

Those fighters have to find something or someone to blame because it's really hard to say "I did my absolute best but I still lost" or "He was better tonight but I'll be better next time"

They have to tell themselves that they lost because of something beyond their control (i.e. Breland shouldn't have thrown in the towel, Fury threw rabbit punches, the referee didn't enforce the rules, my costume was too heavy)

The problem of course is that by doing that, the fighter isn't focusing on what he CAN control (i.e. preparation, honing his craft, ect.)

Comment

• Comment

• While I disagree with Wilder about Mark Breland, I agree that Fury was very dirty.

Remember the Terrel Williams vs. Prichard Colon fight?

There's a reason why rabbit punches are illegal. I think maybe it's time for referees to enforce stronger rules. When a fighter gets hit below the belt, he's given up to 5 minutes to recover. Maybe a similar action should be taken when a fighter falls down hard from a rabbit punch? It could have changed the fight because Wilder looked really shaky and kept falling down after that point.

Comment

• Well Tyson did fight a bit dirty lots of grappling and necklocks just like the Steven Cunningham fight he used his bodyweight to weaken the legs even more but he did land a lot of clean shots yeah that shot landed on the ear and then glided and hit the back of his head but it wasn't intentional that's what happens when you try to slip a shot Wilder ducked and it landed where it landed. To be fair the body shot knockdown was a trip just watch it again it was more of a balance thing where he clashed with Tysons leg more than anything because his legs where already gone but there should have been a knockdown a little later where Wilder got held up by the ropes so I'm fine with the trade off and there were 2 legitimate knockdowns.

Also as a Wilder fan when he fought Stiverne in the 2nd fight he did a cupping hook that hit Stiverne on the back of the head and then scored the first knockdown right after. That shot took Stivernes legs away the same way Wilders were gone in the Fury rematch so he's done it to others before and benefited as well it's part of the game just needs to rest and recover and try to come in with a different gameplan for the trilogy enough with the excuses I know it's a tough pill to swallow but you are just feeding these British fanboys egos with that talk and making yourself look worse lord knows 99% of the people who talk **** on this forum about Wilder would never dare say it in his presence only on a forum where they are hidden behind avatars playing an alternate persona compared to how they act in real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            While I disagree with Wilder about Mark Breland, I agree that Fury was very dirty.

Remember the Terrel Williams vs. Prichard Colon fight?

There's a reason why rabbit punches are illegal. I think maybe it's time for referees to enforce stronger rules. When a fighter gets hit below the belt, he's given up to 5 minutes to recover. Maybe a similar action should be taken when a fighter falls down hard from a rabbit punch? It could have changed the fight because Wilder looked really shaky and kept falling down after that point.
            C'mon man, you know Wilder was doing the same s*** as Fury, you just didn't notice as much because the rabbit punches from Wilder had no affect.

Comment

• I said this during the fight. Tyson fury was supposed to be disqualified in the 3rd round of that fight for causing a dileberate damage with a dirty punch. He clearly targeted behind the ear of Wilder..IT WAS A CLEAR DIRTY PUNCH....that Useless slave refree let him get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                C'mon man, you know Wilder was doing the same s*** as Fury, you just didn't notice as much because the rabbit punches from Wilder had no affect.
                I don't think Wilder should do them. No fighter should. Both Fury and Wilder are in the wrong, and we need to protect fighters better for the sake of the sport.

Comment

• Fury was more of a street fighter against cunningham. Cunningham was outspeeding fury, so fury figures he needed to make it a streetfight

Comment

• Tyson fury was supposed to be disqualified in the 3rd round of that fight for causing

I said this during the fight. Tyson fury was supposed to be disqualified in the 3rd round of that fight for causing a dileberate damage with a dirty punch. He clearly targeted behind the ear of Wilder..IT WAS A CLEAR DIRTY PUNCH....that Useless slave refree let him get away with it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• If anything Bayliss broke them up to quickly at times and looked to be trying to give Wilder the advantage.

But what this really comes down to, is a guy with 44 fights didn’t have any answers. He can blame all the minor distractions he likes. He has clearly never been taught to in-fight, he doesn’t know how to deal with pressure, he doesn’t know how to use his feet, heck he couldn’t even counter punch on Saturday, he literally had nothing, not because of all the excuses, because Fury took it all away from him.

Comment

Working...
                      X