No announcement yet.

Wilder parts ways with Mark Breland...This is horrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Was he bleeding from the mouth, nose and ears too in the ortiz fight? Nope.

Did he get knockdown on ortiz fight? Nope.

You guys are as delusional as wilder
    Originally posted by Falkano View Post
    I am sorry man but if you really believe what you said then I feel bad for you.

Wilder was getting pumelled. He landed just 6 punches in the previous 2 rounds. Fury landed 35 in that time.

Wilder landed 0 jabs in those rounds. He was on the ropes trying to throw a bomb. He couldn't hit anything. Fury in round 7 had his accuracy go up to 40%. That basically means 1 in 2 punches was connecting.

He was pinned in the corner. He couldn't move, he was resting against the corner pad.

So I ask you how was he going to get out of that situation? He wasn't throwing anything back, was getting whacked in the face with a big guy blocking him from moving to either side.

What you are basically saying is that somehow he would have got some energy from somewhere whilst being beaten to an inch of his life, got out the corner, threw the magic punch and it was all good?

That is total fantasy.

If the corner didn't throw the towel in the ref would have stopped it the next right that connected. The difference is Mark Breland stopped that punch from coming.

It’s a difficult time for him, let him swim in his river of d nile.

Comment

That sounds great...but he shouldn't part ways because of the stoppage but because his team did not train Wilder to be a well-rounded boxer. I think he trained Wilder to be a heavyweight version of Mark Breland...fast, athletic, and powerful puncher but not having great overall boxing skills and no plan B for when your plan doesn't work.

That is great when you're young, healthy, and a speedster but it doesn't age well. We've seen it before too with many fighters, most having better skills than Wilder. Roy Jones Jr. looked great and invincible until he reached about 35 yrs, the same age as Wilder. We saw it with Haye too when he made a return to the ring at a similar age. After a certain age, no matter how much of a superman you are, you body just ain't what it used to be. Pushing it hard and refusing to admit it is going to take a toll.

If you wan't to prolong your career, you'll have to re-invent yourself and be a different fighter and I am afraid his team hasn't done the right job with the strategy and skillset needed for that. So, Wilder should have the necessary changes in camp but because he needs a more experienced, veteran trainer that Wilder would respect and who will diversify his skillset (whatever he can learn at this age) and not because of ego problems with throwing the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
        Although Breland was right in stopping the fight and saving him from an even worse (possibly career ending) beating, parting ways might not be a bad thing for Wilder.

Let's face it, as a trainer, he didn't have him prepared for the rematch, or if things went badly, other strategies that could have made him more competitive in the bout, nothing.

In the big picture, since he's been in his corner did he teach Wilder other weapons to use in the ring?, teach him better head movement?, raise his ring IQ? and did he even have any success as a trainer before this?

Best thing the Bronze Bomber could do is get with one of the top experienced trainers out there and reinvent himself (other fighters have) thru the guidance of the best in the business, whoever's available.
        Maybe Wilder just doesn't have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Bs. He was hurt worse in the Ortiz fight. He wasn't even being hit hard and had his hands up at the time so it was a terrible stoppage in terms of overall timing. I would be mad and fire his a$$ too.
          Wilder was being badly broken down.

Breland's action saved his long-term health and probably a $20m purse for the third fight.

He should be grateful.

Comment

There’s been plenty of fights where I’ve been drunk and in the moment pissed about the stoppage. Even as a drunk Wilder fan I thought it was fair.

At Wilder’s age the worst thing he could do is bring in a new trainer who try’s to change him too much. He is what he is and it brought him pretty dang far.

Comment

Should be firing Deas not Brieland

Comment

Deontay ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed...TILL THIS DAY!

Comment

Deas, Breland, and Wilder got this far doing what they were doing until it no longer worked, I don't have a problem with that. Sometimes it takes a loss for a camp to realize things need to change and they change it. What I don't like is how Deas immediately threw Breland under the bus and Wilder being the emotional type he is gravitated to Deas' finger pointing. Getting rid of Breland doesn't fix the problems that Wilder has.

I know people are saying Breland saved Wilder from taking extreme punishment but I think Breland also saved Wilder from Deas.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Maybe Wilder just doesn't have it?
                    Time will tell.

He'll have to (or retire) cause Fury laid down the templet on how to beat him.

Comment

Wow he's the kind of trainer you want.He saved you from getting ktfo.

Comment

Working...
                      X