Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder parts ways with Mark Breland...This is horrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder in a nutshell. Throwing away the guy who actually cares about him. Hilarious.

Comment

Although Breland was right in stopping the fight and saving him from an even worse (possibly career ending) beating, parting ways might not be a bad thing for Wilder.

Let's face it, as a trainer, he didn't have him prepared for the rematch, or if things went badly, other strategies that could have made him more competitive in the bout, nothing.

In the big picture, since he's been in his corner did he teach Wilder other weapons to use in the ring?, teach him better head movement?, raise his ring IQ? and did he even have any success as a trainer before this?

Best thing the Bronze Bomber could do is get with one of the top experienced trainers out there and reinvent himself (other fighters have) thru the guidance of the best in the business, whoever's available.
      Last edited by club fighter; 02-24-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
        Making that change now and exercising his trilogy clause won’t do him any good. A new trainer won’t do any good in a rematch.

Now if he doesn’t exercise that trilogy clause and gives himself a few fights to adjust and build himself back up and hopefully improve them maybe he’d not get knocked the fuk out by Fury.

If wilder can’t box properly under breland then no trainer can.

Imo Wilder already hit his ceiling and at this point won’t get technical better than where he is at now.

He’s just a victim of getting into boxing in his 20’s and not grow up with it from the time he was a kid like fury.

Getting involved late isn't an excuse you can develop and learn quickly if you want to and are in the right environment at any age.

It's also never too late to change trainers if you really need to separate yourself from your trainer. Let's look at the bright side: Wilder may get with a real wise and knowledgeable camp that can drill into him the fundamentals and can teach him a new trick or two. Wilder can become a more dangerous fighter.

Comment

I almost called 911 after the 5th.

Comment

Wilder would have sustained long term damage if the fight continued. Laugh all you want about Fury’s power but he’s a 270 lb man throwing bombs and wilders defense was starting to become nonexistent.

Comment

Wilder is a stupid fraud with an apparent death wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                It was what mattered. I had no intent to spin anything.

Wilder didn't try to find a way out, didn't try to quit. He went out on his shield. I was agreeing with you, "numbskull"....
                Oops..
                My bad.
                Hard to discern friend from foe on here my brother!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  I almost called 911 after the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Bs. He was hurt worse in the Ortiz fight. He wasn't even being hit hard and had his hands up at the time so it was a terrible stoppage in terms of overall timing. I would be mad and fire his a$$ too.

Comment

Wilder was talking crazy a while back about catching a body on his record. Now he’s firing the guy who could have helped him catch that body, be it it would have been his body.

Comment

Working...
                      X