No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant is racist.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    That's a ridiculous idea and you know it, as proven by you talking about "real racism" at the end of your first paragraph.

So what is "unreal racism" ... something that doesn't exist?

Or something that you don't want to exist because because you don't want to be responsible for your own feelings and actions?
    Lol. You’re statement actually proves my point thanks but I won’t further explain because either your have a severe case of cognitive dissonance or your just too ****** to realize just how ****** you are. I promise I will not beat the dead horse any further you’re doing it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
      Lol even Larry Merchant don’t like Floyd. Everybody in the boxing world knows Fraudweather ruined the sport of boxing.
      Is this really news to you that Larry Merchant doesn't like Floyd?

So you're new to Boxing I see. Welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        smart in the ring yes, otherwise not so much...But I guess holding that opinion makes one have ulterior motives right?
        You either have ulterior motives or you’re the one who’s unintelligent if you say that Floyd hasn’t shown intelligence outside of the ring as well as inside. The decision to buy himself out and leave Arum was a genius move. That took guts and intelligence. It changed the entire trajectory of his career. He’s made plenty of brilliant moves outside of the ring.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Again let me give you examples, Mike Tyson was not well educated but very smart. He could tell you all about the greats from reading and watching tape about them. He learned how to raise Pigeons. I also gave you the example of Liston. These are relevant examples.
        All I’m saying is give Floyd the same understanding. If we’re boxing fans why shouldn’t all fighters get that same understanding? We know most boxers aren’t formally educated and come from “blue collar” backgrounds where formal education isn’t always the primary focus. Let’s not act brand new. We have to judge them in the right context.

You could say the same about Ali. Ali was never the most articulate or educated, but he was smarter than many people who were articulate and educated. These guys are/were very smart in their own right and so is Floyd.

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
        That’s a fact. They also somehow think every black man is in the ldbc for some strange reason lol.
        I don’t even know what “ldbc” means or stands for. I assume it’s in reference to black people. Non black people are always threatened when black people work together to empower themselves. It’s seen as a direct threat to their empowerment so they inherently take opposition to it. It may even be subconscious. Black people working together just as every other ethnicity/race does is painted as racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Is this really news to you that Larry Merchant doesn't like Floyd?

So you're new to Boxing I see. Welcome.
          Awww poor fella got his feelings hurt!
          It’s okay Ployd is still 51-0.
          U can’t forget to add his win over Josie Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            You either have ulterior motives or you’re the one who’s unintelligent if you say that Floyd hasn’t shown intelligence outside of the ring as well as inside. The decision to buy himself out and leave Arum was a genius move. That took guts and intelligence. It changed the entire trajectory of his career. He’s made plenty of brilliant moves outside of the ring.
            U done confused his uncle Al and **** Schaefer with U Sissyboy.

Yeah 6 months in the pen and paying a civil settlement to Manny. His uncle **** had to pay a settlement to Oscar for the fraud he committed.

Jeff Mayweather the only credible member of that crack family. His old man used the Baby Floyd as a shield to protect himself from ******* in a crack deal gone wrong.

Hey, heroes for U!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
              Lol. You’re statement actually proves my point thanks but I won’t further explain because either your have a severe case of cognitive dissonance or your just too ****** to realize just how ****** you are. I promise I will not beat the dead horse any further you’re doing it for me.
              How does my comment prove that black people can't be racist?

You are talking nonsense again.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                U done confused his uncle Al and **** Schaefer with U Sissyboy.

Yeah 6 months in the pen and paying a civil settlement to Manny. His uncle **** had to pay a settlement to Oscar for the fraud he committed.

Jeff Mayweather the only credible member of that crack family. His old man used the Baby Floyd as a shield to protect himself from ******* in a crack deal gone wrong.

Hey, heroes for U!!!
                What does it say that a “crack family” is more successful than your piece of s**t family and could buy and sell the whole lot of short dirty f**ks in the blink of an eye? Go eat a big bowl of bat soup lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  Larry Merchant just proved he sees everything from the lenses of "race". How do you expect this old fock who lived to see and probably reveled in the pre-civil rights era to have a non-biased view of boxing.

Has nothing to do with sensitivity. Genuinely don't understand how people even notice that kind of ****.
                  White people are different and weird but doesn’t make them wrong.

Mills lane did look
                  Like an Oreo just like Lamar Jackson’s skin, jersey and football did blend together making it nearly impossible to stop the option.

That white people see the world that way or
                  Make comments like that, shouldn’t surprise anybody.

But What’s that say about you that you heard the comment and got offended or felt the need to make a thread?

I saw that fight, don’t remember being offended, sheeit I probably laughed. Truth be told I miss Merchant’s drunken rants.

Afro-Latino here by the way.

Comment

All I’m saying is give Floyd the same understanding. If we’re boxing fans why shouldn’t all fighters get that same understanding? We know most boxers aren’t formally educated and come from “blue collar” backgrounds where formal education isn’t always the primary focus. Let’s not act brand new. We have to judge them in the right context.

You could say the same about Ali. Ali was never the most articulate or educated, but he was smarter than many people who were articulate and educated. These guys are/were very smart in their own right and so is Floyd.

I don’t even know what “ldbc” means or stands for. I assume it’s in reference to black people. Non black people are always threatened when black people work together to empower themselves. It’s seen as a direct threat to their empowerment so they inherently take opposition to it. It may even be subconscious. Black people working together just as every other ethnicity/race does is painted as racist.

I am not a Floyd Hater...Lets establish that fact. I pick him at 135 to be one of the greatest fighters. But there are some things that you may want to look at more carefully.

Floyd's success came AFTER De La Hoya. This fight propelled him, and gave him an opportunity to leave Arum. Prior to that fight Mayweather was not a draw, it was a real problem for him. After that fight he had a great opportunity. Arum was awful...no question about it.

Again let me preface what I tell you with examples. King often had a strangle hold on fighters as well, and unless they had enough success they had to work with King... Even agreeing to let his inept son Carl manage them. Holmes, escaped King, and as intelligent and business savy as Holmes was, he was able to do this because he became enough of a draw, and was out of Ali's shadow.

Ali was very bright, articulate...really he was special. There is a fundamental difference between Floyd's level of ethics, intellect, self development and Ali. Ali could say horrible things at times...and would turn around and give you the shirt off his back. The late **** Gregory (one of my favorite individuals) knew Ali and Malcolm X very well and talked about how Ali had to toe a line. But Ali did this because he was an activist, a voice for individuals who were sent to fight a war they had NOthINg to gain from, only to advance a power structure.

I apologize for the digression. But its very important IMO that people do not forget the things Ali stood for. He was far from a perfect human being, but Ali used his great skills and insight to make this world better. Floyd will be the first one to tell you he is about making his life better, even when it comes to taking a stand against corporate america, etc.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 01-25-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Ali was not articulate!? What the hell new-fangled supercrack you been smoking?

Comment

Working...
                      X