No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant is racist.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    Unfortunately I have the opposite problem. My partner IS the main reason for my lack of time, her health's not good and I have to take care of most of her needs.

This takes more and more time off my activities AND my family (which, luckily, has never interfered with my own life and is instead helping me a lot).
    wow, you are not a fair weather friend. i respect that.. a lot of people can not do what you are doing now. they abandon the people who have always been there and never look back. respect. when my sister was dying of cancer, a lot of her friends kinda ran away, not dramatically, or anything like that, but they just could not deal with someone who was sick all the time.

respect bro, stay strong..

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      So what is evidence of his racism? I don't recall any reports of him saying something racist, unless it was something from the early part of his career. I know he really hated Sonny Liston and would bash him harshly in his articles.
      For me, it was when he called Floyd 'slow' during a post-fight interview where Mayweather was stuttering all over the place. Not just the message delivered, but the tone he used. You gotta find the clip yourself but it was the early part of his HBO career.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Bernard Hopkins is racist but no one seems to whine
        Also S A Smith

Comment

that isnt racist lmfao you nerds are ruining the world, with your oh pitty me please, cry baby mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            For me, it was when he called Floyd 'slow' during a post-fight interview where Mayweather was stuttering all over the place. Not just the message delivered, but the tone he used. You gotta find the clip yourself but it was the early part of his HBO career.
            larry kaufman aka larry merchant seems to be a bit racist, judging by his comments.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Larry Merchant doesn't like Floyd...therefore he MUST be racist.
              I think you're on to something...

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Sorry, but that is a reach. For one thing, Floyd isn't a high wattage bulb, not very bright. Larry's comments may have been in poor taste, but racist? I think we need something more substantial than someone's "perceived" intent. Floyd was also of the mind that when he signed a deal with HBO, that it meant all of HBO's commentators were somehow on his side and part of his extended entourage. He expected unconditional loyalty from commentators who were supposed to be non-biased. Besides, you cannot call Larry a racist based upon your example and not call Floyd a racist when he clearly crossed that line on several occasions.

I've always been luke-warm on Merchant. I think he was an ass to a lot of fighters and very condescending at times. Later in his career he seemed to mellow a bit and I actually liked his post-fight analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Seriously, Merchant did commentary on thousands of fights, if you're calling him a racist on the basis of this comment, it's some very weak sh/t.

Comment

I think racism is really just ego bias, I mean if you are black you are probably going to have a tendency to want black to be best at everything and to win at everything, same if you are white or asain, its not really any different to supporting your favorite football team, or being bias towards people from your own country, or towards people that have red hair because maybe you have red hair.

I try to identify with good people because thats a more accurate and better idea than what my brains natural default setting is which is to stereo type all white people as me, I much prefer a black person thats kind to a nasty white guy, and im pretty sure you do as well.

Easier said than done but something worth striving for, for teh sake of the good people on the "other team" , those people like you with different skin color. Your true team!

(that doesn't mean you should self genocide by voting left tho, im all for being progressive and soft on all types of people, but the left does neither and employs some really idiotic policies to boot)
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 01-23-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Youre a ***ing idiot. How does looking like a an Oreo cookie racist?

Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      larry kaufman aka larry merchant seems to be a bit racist, judging by his comments.
                      Yeah he should apologize to Mills Lane!

Comment

Working...
                      X