Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: We Unified in 20 Fights, Wilder Has Not in 40 - Why Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    "We've done it, we've unified it, in the space of 20 odd fights."

You also got knocked the f--k out in your 23rd fight! Wilder hasn't done that yet either!
    Is that supposed to be better? Should we wait till everyone is 40 fights in before fighting actual fighters?

Comment

Wow, May God love this kid. You have to respect his courage. First, he got the living shit kicked outta him by none other than Andy "The big fat ass" Ruiz and now he wants to fight Wilder.

Does he fully grasp or understand what Deontay would do to him with that glass jaw of his? If anything, I have to admire him for at least not running from an asswhooping and giving him credit for wanting the fight but "The Bronze Bomber" would hurt him.

No, right thinking boxing fan believes that he can defeat Deontay Wilder now.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        They bought the title from Martin, check how he got the WBA and Parker went with the highest bidder.

For AJ's credit he won all those fights.
        Bought a title from Charles Martin, cherrypickin, protected, w/e else excuse you have, and yet, somehow has a better resume than Wilder.

This forum is too much.

Comment

Why Does Mr Softie have so much to say these days?

Isn't Joshua the same chump that ran from Deontay for years? He refused to fight him on numerous occasions. Think about it ,what real champion volunteers to be a sparring partner? I won't fight him but I'll help prepare someone else to fight him. I smell cat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FreezeIzGawd View Post
            Sooooooo everybody that AJ has fought was the EXACT SAME SIZE AND AGE AS HIM.....

Wlad was OLD AND COMING OFF A LOSS AND Y’ALL LICK AJs NUTZ for that fight.....

RUIZ was 6 inches shorter and 50 pounds overweight when he KOed AJ.....

In sports one opponent is ALWAYS going to have an advantage over the other one....

That’s the Beauty of it.

I don’t want to keep hearing he lost to Fury.....

It’s a disputed DRAW....

What cannot be disputed is AJ getting be up by A.C. Slater for 4 rounds....

THOSE ARE FACTS
            Say what you like but if you asked me to craft a 43 opponent record for a HW with the key goal being to avoid capable boxers that could punch, I’d struggle to better the record he actually has.

He never fought Wlad despite being in his era almost 5 years before AJ even went pro, he never fought Povetkin, again 10 years in the division, no Povetkin? C’mon! Don’t go calling PED’s, he wasn’t flagged for years. He didn’t even want Whyte....why...hits hard enough ...comes forward...I can keep
            going....did you ever see him call out David Haye? His managers would have made sure that name never came up.

Yeah but he fought the beast...the monster Ortiz...yeah...so why did he wait 10 years to fight the guy? I’ll tell you why, because a mid 30s Ortiz would have schooled him.

Don’t believe me, think I’m just a hater? Do your research, go through his record, every young big fighter couldn’t punch and every other guy that could punch was massively out of form or just old and shot (like Stiverne). His team tried to pull the same stroke against Fury, they couldn’t believe their luck, credible opponent, young but out of form, can’t punch, a good name for his padded record, but it backfired on them, cos his boxing is soo woeful he couldn’t beat a guy massively overweight and out of form because his boxing wasn’t good enough.

The guys record is manufactured to take the easiest path possible and avoid anyone that can punch. I’ll say something positive, he has peaked recently and he boxes better now than ever, his show reel is great to watch and I respect him doing what he needs to do for his family. The rematch with Fury is more interesting and an AJ meeting really exciting....but his record is what it is...padded.

Comment

Originally posted by FreezeIzGawd View Post
              Sooooooo everybody that AJ has fought was the EXACT SAME SIZE AND AGE AS HIM.....

Wlad was OLD AND COMING OFF A LOSS AND Y’ALL LICK AJs NUTZ for that fight.....

RUIZ was 6 inches shorter and 50 pounds overweight when he KOed AJ.....

In sports one opponent is ALWAYS going to have an advantage over the other one....

That’s the Beauty of it.

I don’t want to keep hearing he lost to Fury.....

It’s a disputed DRAW....

What cannot be disputed is AJ getting be up by A.C. Slater for 4 rounds....

THOSE ARE FACTS
              The Klitschko fight was one of the greatest in history, as a spectacle it is unsurpassed in recent memory.

It isn't so much the result they love but the fight itself was an absolute monster.
              Last edited by Angeljuice; 01-02-2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                Say what you like but if you asked me to craft a 43 opponent record for a HW with the key goal being to avoid capable boxers that could punch, I’d struggle to better the record he actually has.

He never fought Wlad despite being in his era almost 5 years before AJ even went pro, he never fought Povetkin, again 10 years in the division, no Povetkin? C’mon! Don’t go calling PED’s, he wasn’t flagged for years. He didn’t even want Whyte....why...hits hard enough ...comes forward...I can keep
                going....did you ever see him call out David Haye? His managers would have made sure that name never came up.

Yeah but he fought the beast...the monster Ortiz...yeah...so why did he wait 10 years to fight the guy? I’ll tell you why, because a mid 30s Ortiz would have schooled him.

Don’t believe me, think I’m just a hater? Do your research, go through his record, every young big fighter couldn’t punch and every other guy that could punch was massively out of form or just old and shot (like Stiverne). His team tried to pull the same stroke against Fury, they couldn’t believe their luck, credible opponent, young but out of form, can’t punch, a good name for his padded record, but it backfired on them, cos his boxing is soo woeful he couldn’t beat a guy massively overweight and out of form because his boxing wasn’t good enough.

The guys record is manufactured to take the easiest path possible and avoid anyone that can punch. I’ll say something positive, he has peaked recently and he boxes better now than ever, his show reel is great to watch and I respect him doing what he needs to do for his family. The rematch with Fury is more interesting and an AJ meeting really exciting....but his record is what it is...padded.
                See that’s what I hate.....

If you say you like someone then you CANNOT be objective.

I think Wilder ALSO padded his stats knocking out BUMS at the beginning but give him a BREAK.....

He really wasn’t ready...

He was NOT A BOXER......

He was learning his craft. I am just saying the last few years he has found himself and I DONT BELIEVE HE IS AFRAID TO FIGHT ANYONE....

PUNCHERS, BOXERS, DANCERS.....

ANYONE!!!

Just my opinion

Comment

Its because wilder is a protected biatch

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
                    The Klitschko fight was one of the greatest in history, as a spectacle it is unsurpassed in recent memory.

It isn't so much the result they love but the fight itself was an absolute monster.
                    No offense but I could fight Klitschko and he would SELLOUT 60K....

He was MONEY in Europe

Comment

You can't mke this **** up.

So Hearn paid Charles Martin to fight AJ for his title, and Martin took the money.

What does that say about boxing in the USA? We have two big unbeaten USA World Heavy Weight Champions with Wilder agreeing to a 50% slit in the money(joke assumption but only fair as both have titles). The large PPV numbers, the higher ticket prices and two unbeaten young American Heavy Weights. How the fcck did Hearn buy Martin to come to the UK. The fight had to be bigger in the USA.

Can we conclude AJ is indeed a much bigger draw than Wilder. That Wilders promoters did not believe in him financially or worse did not want to risk a fight with the unknown quantity of Martin. What about long term investment in Wilder, an easy unification with Martin and Wilders stock would be ten fold where it is now. We know Wilder was kept away from Klitschko but boy have they brought him along slowly.

Yes AJ has had to pay big money to get his fights and belts and is fighting top ranked heavy weights. So you can understand why the offers to Wilder were high (compared to his purses at the time) but not equal.

Why does Wilder and his handlers not accept they may have to let AJ have the better terms and money and invest and believe in Wilder's future. Hearn took those risks with AJ and it has paid off.

Wilder has finally started to step up and take risks and his fights are not as easy; first Ortiz fight and draw with Fury. However his stock has risen and he is finally making some money. You have to ask though why it has taken so long and in the USA as well.

Imagine if Hearn had promoted Wilder and Wilder is as good as the USA Wilder fans believe, he would have been massive in boxing terms about five years ago. Either something is wrong with Wilder's aility or his promoters do not believe in him and are doinga crap job.

Comment

Working...
                      X