Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: We Unified in 20 Fights, Wilder Has Not in 40 - Why Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thread ever. These wilder fans excuses are total dog sheet. I'm so glad I don't have to lie to make my favourite fighters look like they ain't a chicken ducker.

The weak excuses in here are funny and sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by CJFRENCH View Post
      1. That Wilders promoters did not believe in him financially or worse did not want to risk a fight with the unknown quantity of Martin. What about long term investment in Wilder, an easy unification with Martin and Wilders stock would be ten fold where it is now. We know Wilder was kept away from Klitschko but boy have they brought him along slowly.

2. Why does Wilder and his handlers not accept they may have to let AJ have the better terms and money and invest and believe in Wilder's future. Hearn took those risks with AJ and it has paid off.

3. Something wrong with Wilder's ability or his promoters do not believe in him and are doinga crap job.
      1. Exactly, they brought him along very very slowly, and I can imagine the calls to the coach at the gym over the years Manager: How’s he doing? Coach: Look boss, he’s physically gifted and boy can hit, but he can’t box and that’s not changing fast, let’s just keep him away from boxers who can punch.

2. Because they had to keep him away from a boxer who could punch, they are only recently even ready to come to the negotiation table.

3. I have a suspicion they know he can’t take a solid punch. They have fiercely kept him away from boxer punchers, it’s like his record is crafted to avoid the Wlad, Povetkins etc,

Only now, the money might come in and his career is heading for twilight will we see some career risks being taken. But, will be ever fight AJ, it’s gonna take something very special for him to get passed Fury who will be in better form for fight 2.

Comment

I think Joshua’s trying to get in Wilders head, similar to how Wilder got in his head before the first Ruiz fight. He’s trying to make sure Wilder gets the questions about AJ, the same way he did in the reverse situation. So talking a lot, making a lot of noise without too much conviction. I don’t honestly think it’ll work, I don’t really see Deontay as a fighter who thinks too much or lacks confidence.

Given the home turf Olympic gold, AJ had an accelerated start, you can’t really compare the speed of their resumes as Wilders had to grind for longer to get to the same level. He’s now fighting ok opponents, so I don’t think you can continue to bash his resume.

Comment

Because you & Barry Hearn make insulting offers that you know will be refused.
          I was starting to like AJ again but it seems that an animal truly cannot changed its stripes o overnight

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
            Canelo unified at 22 with Trout. Wasn’t Trout the Regular WBA too? When it came time for the WBA Super Floyd said 152! He even proposed 150 initially...

These circumstances alone is why Canelo is a boss, and the next guys you cry as “weakest strap holders” are BJS or Smith. Lol it’s always the same broken record with the Canelo haters. As if Kovalev is a walk in the park for 160-168 fighters. Derp derp derp
            This isn’t a Canelo thread get his d.ick out your mouth and stay on topic

BJs/ Smith are legit Opponets and aren’t the same as Feilding

I’m not saying Kov was a walk in the park ,but age wise he’s ancient as far as boxers and on the very tail end of his career, was considered the weakest strap holder at the time

Canelo fought him at the perfect time and his popularity allowed him to get the Feilding & Kov Fights at the perfect time, just like AJs popularity allowed him to get 3 straps

A Fighters Popularity & $ is the driving force that will allow a fighters the easiest road to build good resumes and accomplish Things that enhance their Standing in the sport , other fighters that aren’t on that level will have a steeper Mountain to climb achieve the same things. and if a fighter is too good but has no fans , can’t draw any $ ir don’t have a powerful team their talent is actually going to be a detriment to them finding success in the sport. Which is so f.ucked up and only happens in boxing

Comment

Because guys could unify with you and get a huge payday. Meanwhile they would get maybe a mil or two from Wilder and almost guaranteed to be put on a KO highlight reel. Not hard to choose with those options

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Is that supposed to be better? Should we wait till everyone is 40 fights in before fighting actual fighters?
                Ortiz x 2 and Fury are "actual" fighters! Breazeale is an "actual" fighter, that they both fought, but Wilder just beat him in spectacular fashion! Joshua did not want to come to the U.S. for Wilder, but he came for Andy Ruiz and got KTFO! Now he should just sit back and watch the 2 Kings fight for supremacy! His turn is coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Ortiz x 2 and Fury are "actual" fighters! Breazeale is an "actual" fighter, that they both fought, but Wilder just beat him in spectacular fashion! Joshua did not want to come to the U.S. for Wilder, but he came for Andy Ruiz and got KTFO! Now he should just sit back and watch the 2 Kings fight for supremacy! His turn is coming!
                  Breazeale is a bum. Ortiz is the only decent name on his resume. He hasn’t beaten Fury yet. Resume is truly abysmal.

Don’t care what Joshua has done, who he has lost to, because he has beaten better guys and more of them than Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                    -No Jack Reiss, Terence O’Connor, Ian John Lewis, Robert Byrd, or Foster as referees
                    So...Giuseppe Quartarone it is then.

Comment

That’s because Wilder has his tail between his legs

Comment

Working...
                      X