No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pulev Will Remove Joshua From The Equation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
    I’m not really that interested in him fighting either, I think Usyk is out his depth against the big boys and has a lot to prove.

There’s 3 fighters that need to fight each other multiple times
    But of the fighters remaining outside of the elite 2 eg Fury/Wilder I feel the Usyk one makes most sense. Iam certainly not going to be buying the Pulev one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
      Alas pulev will lose and so they'll all think that AJ is a master...and of course he'll avoid "Fury vs Wilder"'s winner or Usyk.
      If he does and I hope he doesnt he isnt a true champion.He will not only shortchange himself but all fight fans everywhere.

But like noted I hope Joshua is brave enough to fight the best in their primes and not when over the hill.

I still feel these special nights when the best heavyweights are fighting each other in their primes eg Fury /Wilder no other sport can beat and it represents sport in its finest and truest.Man against man fighting it out to see who is the toughest and best fighter there is on this earth.

Comment

I know Arum is just talking as a promoter but I've seen a surprising number of people thinking Pulev could take him out. I don't see it. Too slow, lacking explosive power. Everything Pulev does, AJ does better, other than chin.
        Not saying Pulev isn't worthy, just that I'm not seeing any upset potential here. (yea, I said that about Ruiz too...)

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I know Arum is just talking as a promoter but I've seen a surprising number of people thinking Pulev could take him out. I don't see it. Too slow, lacking explosive power. Everything Pulev does, AJ does better, other than chin.
          Not saying Pulev isn't worthy, just that I'm not seeing any upset potential here. (yea, I said that about Ruiz too...)
          I'm saying Pulev isn't worthy lol. It's an awful fight. I like how the IBF sticks to their rules, but Jesus they need better rankings lol

Last fight I saw him fight was against Bogdan Dinu and he looked terrible. Struggled against Dinu and was leaking from a cut that didnt take much to open up.

If AJ loses this fight...there is no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Generally agree, though one thing I think Pulev has is the best heavyweight jab out there. He was out jabbing Klitschko for a few rounds before Wlad had to spring in with left hooks to get him out of there.

Comment

"...the Klitschkos were good fighters,” Arum said. “But they didn’t resonate, particularly.”

I feel like that isn't true. I know a lot of people outside of boxing circles that at least know the name, and neither fighter had much of an American campaign. They made a lot of money too, and without the shameless self-promotion.

That aside, Ruiz beat Joshua, so on a good day anything is possible. Joshua on a good day probably stops Pulev though.

Comment

Pulev is tough and rugged with a decent 1,2. He can beat the Tony Thompsons, Highie Furys, Bogdan Dinus and sometimes even the Chisoras of the division. On top of that he is pretty old now. He was blasted out by Klitschko where he showed toughness alone. I can't imagine AJ would have any problem with him. Tyson Fury would outbox him and Wilder would starch him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  what does Jewish have to do with it? not trolling just interested, I may convert
                  My wife's grand mother watches elderly folks, which tend to be Jewish and They always live to be in their hundreds. Thats why I said it. I DEFINITELY didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry if i did.

I LOVE my elders and have MANY conversations with the people my grandma _inlaw_ i guess_ watch.

Comment

Bob knows that no one is excited about this fight and he's just trying to sell more tickets. If he wasn't promoting Pulev, he'd call this a garbage fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                      Agree with you there - Pulev is a much better style for Joshua than Ruiz. More upright, slower, taller. Joshua has been great at bashing up those types of fighters, whilst he’s struggled with smaller guys.
                      AJ struggles with people who move like a boxer. Regardless of height.

Comment

Working...
                      X