No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pulev Will Remove Joshua From The Equation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    Lol - made me laugh out loud. I am amazed that he is so active at 88 years old. I mean, you can see he is slowing down compared to 2/3 years ago but the guy is taking dozens of flights a year and is active as a squirrel on speed.

I bet 99% on this forum believe that the secret to a long healthy life is superb physical fitness. it helps but in and of itself it's not enough.

The secret to being active like Bob Arum, and say, Jimmy Carter is mental health and identifying your reason for existing, something you feel passionate about. That gives you the motivation to look after yourself and get out of bed when you are 85 or older.

Nb. Having good genes and superb medical attention doesn't do you any harm either.
    Bob is also an advocate for Cannabis use. He's been a daily cannabis user since the 60's

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...ars-in-boxing/

As somebody who was prescribed cannabis 5 years ago for something that I'd probably be dead for today, I'm 100% in agreement with Bob.

Comment

Bob has lied and exaggerated plenty over the years, but today he's telling the truth. Pulev can beat joshua if he's right on fight night. He's big, strong, tough and skilled. He can punch good, he's rugged and has good stamina. Look at his fist next to Arum's head. Damn near the same size

Comment

Bob Arum might try to get some of "his" judges assigned to this fight. Hearn should be careful.

Comment

No chance , Joshua is now a clone of robot klitschko (fact) what did klitschko do to pulev yrs ago ?... not rocket science is it ..

Comment

Ive seen Pulev fight before and whilst having a decent physique didnt particularly impress me as a boxer.The hardest fight for me for Joshua has got to be Fury followed by Wilder.If Joshua wants to cement his legacy he needs to be fighting these two before the age of 36 when the body naturally starts to decline.

Comment

After his performance in the Ruiz rematch, most top fighters will believe they can beat Joshua. Joshua did the unthinkable: actually fighting Ruiz in an immediate rematch and facing his demons head on. But let's be real: he did what he had to do to win, which was to avoid engaging with the better fighter, avoid trying to knock Ruiz out, avoid staying in the pocket too long and move, move, move, potshotting all night to a boring decision. Joshua beat Ruiz, but fought as if he knew he couldn't beat him up. Not yet anyway. The IBF Pulev mandatory is the perfect tune-up for Joshua to help build up his confidence and he should be able to knock Pulev out. Then he should be able to actually box, beat up and knock out the WBO Usyk-Parker mandatory. If he does these two things, he'll finally be ready to face the top fighter in the world, the WBC/RING/lineal Wilder-Fury winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
                Ive seen Pulev fight before and whilst having a decent physique didnt particularly impress me as a boxer.The hardest fight for me for Joshua has got to be Fury followed by Wilder.If Joshua wants to cement his legacy he needs to be fighting these two before the age of 36 when the body naturally starts to decline.
                He’s a decent all round fighter, he isn’t outstanding in any category, AJ is bigger, faster, better technical boxer, hits harder etc etc

Pulev’s name really isn’t on anyone’s lips other than Arums, it’s a great fight to build AJ’s confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
                  He’s a decent all round fighter, he isn’t outstanding in any category, AJ is bigger, faster, better technical boxer, hits harder etc etc

Pulev’s name really isn’t on anyone’s lips other than Arums, it’s a great fight to build AJ’s confidence
                  I think the true fight fan doesnt want to see Joshua fighting Pulev next.I would be happier with him fighting Usyk next and I would be happy to buy that fight .

Comment

Alas pulev will lose and so they'll all think that AJ is a master...and of course he'll avoid "Fury vs Wilder"'s winner or Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
                      I think the true fight fan doesnt want to see Joshua fighting Pulev next.I would be happier with him fighting Usyk next and I would be happy to buy that fight .
                      I’m not really that interested in him fighting either, I think Usyk is out his depth against the big boys and has a lot to prove.

There’s 3 fighters that need to fight each other multiple times

Comment

Working...
                      X