Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 mill for a fight not many cared about. 4 mill gate for a fight not many cared about. Given we can assume international revenue can at most account for 30% of this, not bad at all.

Comment

• There is only one fighter that can do successful ppv's, but he is now on DAZN and his name is Canelo. Other than that the current generation of fighters do not belong nor can they sell ppv's. Does everyone remember when the stars of boxing did a ppv and if it was less than 600,000 buys we called it a failure? Now, the big so-called heavyweight stars or any other star can barely generate a few hundred thousand ppv's yet the fanboys try and call that successful.

The reason why PBC or anyone else can't sell is because for years they have refused to pit the best against the best. Instead they gave us boring, low level fights against journeymen. So the public said to hell with this generation of boxers. PBC and others dug their own grave and they deserve such shi**y numbers.

Comment

• "Multiple industry sources" hahahaha and once again, they are conning you guys. If it isn't Fox coming out and saying it on record, then it's another con game and a spin. I kept saying they would do this. GoldenBoy has done the same thing with Canelo's fights for years. They never have a real source. They will say things like "multiple industry sources" or "someone in the camp" or a paid off writer says the number was "around X amount". And once it's out there for long enough, people eat it up. Tell me this; how is a fight that supposedly has 7k tickets bought, given away almost 2k tickets and half of the 7k tickets cost less than 50%...how is that same fight somehow have 275k people pay 70-80 bucks to watch it????? It doesn't make dollars and it doesn't make any sense either. It is a number that is thrown out there to appease the ******, if you are ****** enough to buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Good call bro.
          It don't matter. No matter how many times I'm correct ahead of time people don't believe. Things I said a year ago are coming true now. Things I'm saying now will be true in a year or so. The stuff I was saying about DAZN a year ago is things DAZN is saying now.

Comment

• Those numbers aren't bad considering the undercard was crap.

Comment

• As always, the real number is double the Glaser number. If you want to know the real number, wait for Glaser's publicity stunt number, then double it.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                Emphatic was the KO, nothing more, nothing less. Lest you forget that Wilder WAS losing on all 3 cards in a BORING fight.
                Wilder won fair and square with no controversy. The haters that complained the first time, Wilder gave a rematch and clarified things.

Comment

• the wilder/pbc haters are pulling whatever hairs they had left out! i love it!

im not even gonna read through the thread but I can imagine theres a bunch of "this is a lie" and "this is not a reputable report"...hahaha...i love it!

Comment

• Pretty good considering no one really demanded a rematch. Plus also consider that the undercard was pretty weak. PBC should announce a set of fights and let fans vote on what fight card it lands on.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                      There is only one fighter that can do successful ppv's, but he is now on DAZN and his name is Canelo. Other than that the current generation of fighters do not belong nor can they sell ppv's. Does everyone remember when the stars of boxing did a ppv and if it was less than 600,000 buys we called it a failure? Now, the big so-called heavyweight stars or any other star can barely generate a few hundred thousand ppv's yet the fanboys try and call that successful.

The reason why PBC or anyone else can't sell is because for years they have refused to pit the best against the best. Instead they gave us boring, low level fights against journeymen. So the public said to hell with this generation of boxers. PBC and others dug their own grave and they deserve such shi**y numbers.
                      PBC just put 2 tough fights on PPV with Spence vs Porter, and Wilder vs Ortiz. As far as match making goes would you put up your best fights when you are paying for time buys?

Now that we have a FOX long term deal you are seeing better fights and more upsets. No on is really selling that much which is why Hearn and Golden Boy ran to DAZN so they never have to release thier numbers, and Top Rank never even release anything at all because of how low the numbers are.

I paid for Wilder vs Fury, put had to work for the Wilder vs Ortiz fight. Almost took the day off but thought against it when Nery was off the card.

Low numbers of buys is why there won't be much cooperation between networks. If Wilder ve Fury does not do well then don't expect to ever see Spence vs Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X