Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming that number is correct, they lost money. Doesn't half of what's generated go to the distributer, leaving $10M, not enough to even pay Wilder.

Comment

Per Dan Rafael:

The rematch between heavyweight world titlist Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz, who got knocked out in the seventh round at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Nov. 23, generated a live gate of $4,063,141.50 from 7,403 tickets sold, according to figures released Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. There were 1,726 complimentary tickets given out, the commission said. Premier Boxing Champions does not release its pay-per-view figures but according to an industry source the Fox PPV generated approximately 225,000 buys.

Comment

This is just US numbers. Doesn’t includes International sales.

21 Million PPV
        4 Million Gate

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Tyistall put me on ignore because I asked why he would question the legitimacy of PPV sales before the fight even happened.

Someone go in to his thread

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=833842

and post this so he, ****EM, and the rest of the British Boxing Cuckery can hate on this accurate number.
          the number is 225k. Dan Rafeals just posted it

Comment

Give me a solid production! Who would pay for that mess!

If I'm paying 70 for a fight it should be stacked and have a big feel. PBC always drops the ball on this, Wilder deserves better and at some point he will wake.up.

Let see the AJ numbers this weekend. Plus the fact that the suadis paid them a boat load to so it there.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              When Wilder vs. Fury did 325,000 buys, you UK trolls insisted Fury was responsible for all of the buys and Wilder wasn't a PPV fighter.

So Wilder fights Ortiz, who has no fanbase whatsoever, and Wilder still does over 275,000 buys. Days ago, you UK trolls were insisting the fight did 2,500 buys. It ends up doing over 275,000 buys and then you say the numbers aren't good.

Would Fury vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No. Would Joshua vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No. Would Jarrell Miller vs. Ortiz have done more than 275k buys? No.

So if the numbers aren't good, who would do good numbers in your opinion? Many of you claimed the fight would flop and had no business being on PPV. Yet it did over 275,000 buys at $75 a pop. Clearly the public found the fight to be PPV worthy.
              you took me off ignore. How nice lmao. Is pbc still paying u $12 an hour to post here? Are u going to restart your wrestling career?

It’s obvious fury sold a lot of those 325k. They fight raised both men’s profile in the USA and for this ppv to do 225k buys per dan rafeal shows how far he fell after raising his profile.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                Ortiz received 1.5 and Wilder 3 million guaranteed...that's it. Showtime balked at the combined 4.5 million because it takes 350,000 buys just to cover the first $5 million and make any profit. Andy on the other hand made 7 million for AJ vs Ruiz I.
                Lmao where do you get your fake facts from. 275k buys alone generates $21 million. You are forgetting sponsors and International PPV as well.

Comment

How could any promotion justify such high paydays for these kind of ppv numbers? Most fighters these days don't deserve or have not earned giant pay days. If this ppv only gets 250,000 PBC is only going to lose money.

PBC has made losing money an art form. Losing large amounts of cash seems to be what they are best at. Someone needs tot tell them that they are in boxing to make money not lose money.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    and how much will wilder and fury want to be paid for that fight? remember wilder needs 60 million in his next fight to match what he was offered from dazn. no way he gets that but 30-40? and is fury going to accept less than wilder? we are talking 50 million or mor just for purses for them. do the math and they need a million buys or so. maybe more depending on the purses. haymon created a monster. a money losing monster that is eating him
                    It's ok because its not Haymon's money that is being lost. He is great at losing other peoples money.

Comment

• Good number, but given PBC's PPV success in the past year, I thought they could have gotten more with Wilder leading the show. Gives Wilder 600K career PPV buys now through two fights. Figures to blow past 1M career PPV buys with the Fury rematch which is only 11 weeks from Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X