No announcement yet.

What do you think of EDDIE HEARN ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    I think Eddie Hearn is an incredible promoter. Very intelligent. Very talented. Great instinct for working a room, manipulating journalists, etc. Bit off more than he could chew trying to enter the US, but DAZN made an offer he would have been a fool to turn down. So even if it's not ultimately a success, it's still very impressive that he managed to get the deal to begin with and it's not his fault it was doomed from the start.

Hearn does a great job of seeming like a man of the people. Getting his message out there. A master politician. He creates and propagates cleverly designed talking points better than anybody in boxing and does a better job than anybody in boxing of getting his fanbase to memorize and parrot those talking points. Just like a successful politician building his base of supporters.

What he's built in the UK is very impressive as well. He's clearly one of the best promoters in the world, if not the best. The only knock on him really is that he's young and got too ****y. Made some serious mistakes with AJ that he may never recover from.
    I agree with most of this, no on else is even close in regards to promoting fights and getting mdeia coverage, some of that is because Hearn is a good talker, but also just how inept the others are, Oscar's MIA, Arums 98 years old, Flyod can only promote himself and no one has actually seen Haymon in person since 2006.

I think Hearn did under estimate how tribal factions of the US are in regards to promotional camps though, and how the UK sense of humor can be lost on Americans.

I never understood the knocks on him wrt Joshua's career though, you can acuse Joshua of a few things, being under promoted isn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Cmon why not views or attention? Its like everyone is sick of him
      Are you suggesting Hearn likes a piece of societies rejects?

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
        Are you suggesting Hearn likes a piece of societies rejects?
        Yes he likes it all, also ouch that was below the belt

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
          I think Hearn did under estimate how tribal factions of the US are in regards to promotional camps though, and how the UK sense of humor can be lost on Americans.
          What Hearn underestimated was how much PBC was already paying fighters. Hearn sold DAZN on being able to waltz into America and get all of PBC's stars to jump ship to Matchroom since none of them had promoters and Haymon has a fiduciary duty to maximize the fighter's income.

So Haymon starts offering all these guys a million, two million, even three million per fight, and they all laugh in his face and tell him Haymon is already paying them more than that. The only guy Hearn got to jump was Vargas, who couldn't even beat Dulorme. Based on what Hearn promised DAZN and ended up delivering, it was a colossal failure.

I never understood the knocks on him wrt Joshua's career though, you can acuse Joshua of a few things, being under promoted isn't one of them.
          Hearn did a great job spreading the word about Joshua, but started to believe his own hype and got too c-cky (the word filters here are ridiculous).

Hearn was in such a rush to bring Joshua to the US, even though any experienced promoter would realize how limited Joshua is and how important home officials would be for him. Judges yes, but more importantly, refs that could protect him.

Allowing Ruiz to get into the ring with him was complete malpractice on Hearn's part. High risk, no reward fight. Ruiz had no fan base. You could have literally put Joshua in with anybody and sold the same amount of tickets and done the same amount of views.

Forcing Joshua into an immediate rematch when he's clearly mentally broken is another foolish short sighted move. Yes, Saudi Arabia is offering a ton of money, but rebuilding AJ's confidence should have been #1 priority. **** the belts. You're going to get stripped by the IBF anyway and you've got an easy in to get the WBO on Usyk. Is it really worth risking AJ's entire future over the Super WBA belt?

Comment

I look at Eddie Hearns and mostly, I think that the man is very tall. He talks a lot and sometimes I feel annoyed by the things he says because I really think he talks things up to play into his agenda. I don’t usually have time for people like that, but hey it’s part of his job and he’s a decent promoter. Personally I think that all of the promoters are corrupt and probably have ties to organized crime— Hearns. Haymon. Arum. Delahoya, etc.

Comment

I think he has been a positive influence in British boxing. The boom that the UK saw when it came to boxing is down largely to him and the work he did with Sky. He was putting on strong UK cards regularly and even televising a lot of good international bills if you were prepared to stay up late to watch them and I think that's the chief reason that boxing made its way to becoming more of a mainstream sport in the UK. However, in more recent years he's become very greedy and quite arrogant. It feels like every UK fight that's even moderately worthwhile is doomed to become a PPV and he seems to have become a let less willing to compromise with other promoters. The failed negotiations to make Wilder-Joshua were downright infuriating to watch because he just would not even consider anything that would even slightly dent his prestige or his bottom line. I think that one sequence of events has done more to damage his image than anything else - it was around that time that people started booing him at his own events. He does seem to have mellowed out a bit since then but it'll take a long time for him to erase the damage he took to his image and it's still not like he's a saint or anything. He's not as crooked as Arum, as shady as Haymon or as unstable as De La Hoya, but he does belong in their company.

Comment

He seems solid in my book. He brought boxing over to the states DAZN is a great bargain. I think his interviews are funny
                I like the way he talks ****.
                Hes a a promoter so sometimes he is going to have an agenda or a bias, but thats with anyone

Comment

Personally I think he's a good promoter, and his content is very entertaining. Of course he's got the same faults as other promoters and managers.

I think Americans underestimate him. Do you not have pantomime over there?

They seem to think that he's failing because they don't like him. They watch his videos and post about him. They start forum threads about him and criticise him.

I think Eddie would tell you that he's very happy with that reception. It's much better than no-one knowing who he is.

Comment

- -Alexkiddie crushes for Fast Eddie!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                      Balls?

These are Eddies balls I knew ud want the picture, he has tattoos and ***elry on them often frequents nudest beaches when alone .
                      At least come up with some humour bro.

That was just sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X