Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Wouldn't Be Talking Fury If We Had Same Ref From Ortiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Punisher33 View Post
    In the first fight, Fury went down extremely hard. His head hitting the back of the canvas, turning out his lights momentarily.
    In reality, Fury never hit the head on the canvas. The very blows thrown by Wilder were the cause of his momentary sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      In reality, Fury never hit the head on the canvas. The very blows thrown by Wilder were the cause of his momentary sleep.
      I will rewatch the knockdown again, but I remember the back of his head hitting the canvas as well. Wilders punch certainly could of been the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by byfbnz View Post
        i know boxing can be fatal, but 7 seconds to go.... ortiz has a very good point there
        Actually the fight was over according to rules. Ortiz's gloves were still touching the canvas when the referee reached 10. However for the sake of discussion let's say the referee had let Ortiz continue, then what would have happened next? I believe Ortiz would have survived the round. However, Ortiz's defense was starting to fade and the next round or so would have seen him experiencing a devastating knockout. The way the fight ended is the best for Ortiz and his health.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher33 View Post
          I will rewatch the knockdown again, but I remember the back of his head hitting the canvas as well. Wilders punch certainly could of been the culprit.
          At first it looked like he did hit. Actually, if you watch the replay, it's only the twisting back of his neck.

Not that it's fundamental, though... What's impressive is that Fury got up from that double hammer.

Comment

fury got up, time to let that go!

Comment

If Wilder has to cling on to the fact a ref didn’t stop a fight prematurely and gift him a win, then it’s just showing he knows he lost

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                At first it looked like he did hit. Actually, if you watch the replay, it's only the twisting back of his neck.

Not that it's fundamental, though... What's impressive is that Fury got up from that double hammer.
                I have been watching boxing for nearly 20 years, and I never seen a heavyweight get up from such a devastating punch in a championship fight. I turned to my buddy and said it's over, no need to even count. Then when he did, I couldn't believe it. In my dad's era, it was Ali getting up against Frazier.

Comment

That was a soft ref job. That was supposed to be a major heavyweight fight, regardless of the outcome the promotional A side jumped on having the fight ended asap .

He should have been allowed to continue and try .

This is why i think boxing needs to change rules .

Boxing should still do a 10 count ,but not end the fight , if the fighter is moving and getting up feom a knock down and in instances like this in which its close to 10 before the ref starts to check his eyes and gloves to continue , or the fighter takes his time getting to the ref it should be an automatic 10-7 round and if there was such a beating before or after the knockdown a 10-6 round. Said judge should lift a red card. 8×10 as to show he judged it a 10-6 or a yellow card as a automatic 10×7 round based off the refs decision for a delay of some sort by 2-3 seconds for whatever reason .

This would allow the fight to continue and penalize the hurt fighter but allow for the fight to get its proper end

Comment

"If we would’ve had him in the Fury fight, we wouldn’t be talking about a Fury [rematch] right now.”

that statement from wilder tells me he's worried about the rematch...and he's still salty about jack reiss' count. he wishes fury was counted out so he doesn't have to fight him again. he got totally outboxed the only way he could win a fight against fury is if he knocks him out. when he saw fury got up after getting hit like that it messed up his mindset for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      What's the purpose of the 3 KD rule? Why is it 10 count instead of 30? Why do most refs call it without giving the fighter the opportunity when they go straight down hard?

Because it's dangerous to the fighter and it's their job to keep the fighter safe. Duh.

Even Jack admit his count was funny and he "chose boxing". He went out of the norm, not Bayless.

He should have stopped that fight and Wilder did deserve the KO. You're just a fanboy.
                      Says the Deontay Fanboy

Comment

Working...
                      X