Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Wouldn't Be Talking Fury If We Had Same Ref From Ortiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder keeps going on about knocking fury down as if it he is so proud that he could knock fury down, as if he never in a million years believed he could knock down the man who beat the great klitscho in his backyard, no matter what wilder says. I think wilder still pinches himself to this day that he was able to knock fury down, its the proudest moment as a boxer.
    But Wilder is trying to change the rules of boxing. ALmost like the first person to touch down loses.
    But Wilder must realize that we as boxing fans know that in the heavyweight division you expect someone to go down as its the heavyweight division, the big hitters. MOst boxing fans would be shocked if someone didn't go down.
    But then its the divine right of the heavyweight who goes down the chance to get back up. Going down is a given in the heavyweight division. So essientially the price for the ticket is to see what happens when the heavyweight gets up. That's what you are paying for.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 11-26-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Some of u are speaking from a fans perspective but the bottom line is when Wilder hits u like that u are never the same. Fighters are dying in the ring and Wilder being the KILLER he is,it's better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Did you watch Mago vs Perez? Mago took more punishment in one round of that fight than Fury has taken in his entire career!
        Yeah, I was a fan of both men. On BA that was a big fight.

Anyway, yeah, that's my point. It was ****ing obvious by every metric other than Mago's capabilities that fight should have been stopped and it wasn't. If you're waiting for an obvious sign to call a fight you are going to kill. We have these rules that protect fighters because we used to wait for a sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Y'all got like the worst comprehension of them all. You're not worth my time son.
          Smiles.....still doesn't change the fact that you are a cry baby.
          Take your L and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
            Wilder boys still crying. Trying so hard to justify wilder deserved a draw.
            I wouldn't blame you guys, I blame fury for being too over confident in the 12th.
            I've read so many of these boards with both sides complaining about the first fight and I've got to say the Fury fans are the biggest whiners ever. Let's call it like it is: Fury got knocked down twice and almost knocked out in the 12th. He won probably 9 or 10 other rounds with at least 4 of the rounds won extremely narrowly, maybe by 1 or 2 pitter pat punches. Fury is supposed to be the far superior boxer who in his own words is going to "school" Wilder even worse the second time. Ok...well, I don't know a lot of teachers that need to pick themselves up off the canvas two times against their "novice student". So now here comes the rematch, and both Wilder and Fury are going to make a ton of money. Hey Fury, put your money where your mouth is, avoid that KO for 12 rounds, and "school" Wilder like you said you would. Because if you don't, your fans will whine about the first fight for the rest of their natural lives after you wake up from your slumber. As Mills Lane said, "Let's get it on"!

Comment

Originally posted by Tman500 View Post
              I've read so many of these boards with both sides complaining about the first fight and I've got to say the Fury fans are the biggest whiners ever. Let's call it like it is: Fury got knocked down twice and almost knocked out in the 12th. He won probably 9 or 10 other rounds with at least 4 of the rounds won extremely narrowly, maybe by 1 or 2 pitter pat punches. Fury is supposed to be the far superior boxer who in his own words is going to "school" Wilder even worse the second time. Ok...well, I don't know a lot of teachers that need to pick themselves up off the canvas two times against their "novice student". So now here comes the rematch, and both Wilder and Fury are going to make a ton of money. Hey Fury, put your money where your mouth is, avoid that KO for 12 rounds, and "school" Wilder like you said you would. Because if you don't, your fans will whine about the first fight for the rest of their natural lives after you wake up from your slumber. As Mills Lane said, "Let's get it on"!
              Fury came out from the mental health care and schooled wilder. What else are talking about?

Comment

Considering Fury got up inside the 10 count and then continued to school Deontay for the rest of the round any ref that would decide to of waved the fight off would be wrong to do so. Its like Wilder is making excuses against somebody doing something right and wishing it had been somebody else who would rather of done a worse job.

How about if the ref or any ref in a Wilder fight stuck to the rules and started deducting Wilder points for illegal punches? Then it would be a case of can Wilder get his man out of there before Wilder is disqualified.

Comment

Wilder expecting favours to get a win, he just need to do his job in the ring and leave the refs to do their jobs. The fact that Fury got up before 10, and proceed to outbox him in each round that he was KD, shows the ref was spot on to stick to his original instruction that he gave both boxers in the dressing room. Riess was quoted as saying he would have stopped the fight if either one of them was taking punishment prior to any KD. Fury didn't take any punishment prior to his KD's. So the ref was right with following up on his instructions that he detailed to his boxers.

Comment

Wilder wants to show off and prance around the ring for the fans instead of going to the neutral corner. Thats gonna delay the count for sure as the ref gotta make sure you are where you are supposed to be. Tito Trinidad would usually run to the neutral corner so the ref can start counting and run back to the opponent to finish him off as he still hurt. I have no doubt if Kenny Payless let Ortiz continued he could of been seriously hurt , knocked out cold for way longer. What a beautiful right hand from Wilder.
                    Last edited by powershots; 11-26-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Fury got up and outboxed him for rest of the round so the ref stopping it would be premature

Comment

Working...
                      X