Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Wouldn't Be Talking Fury If We Had Same Ref From Ortiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a close thing but seemed fair enough on the night. Besides Wilder should have finished him when he got up in the 12th but he didn't seem able to

Wilder will KO Fury for sure in the rematch

The only chance Fury has is : I rememeber his father saying he had only got 30% of his power back before the first fight. So maybe Fury can find some power from somewhere to cause Wilder more problems. Seems unlikely tho!

Comment

There was no slow count. I accept that Jack Reiss gives a fighter every opportunity, and Kenny Bayless is eager to stop the fight, so Wilder has a point. But would have been a travesty of justice because Fury was perfectly able to continue.

Comment

Ridiculous. If you see that 12th round, after getting up Fury was clipping Wilder bad.
        Dont blame the ref.

Comment

If Fury did such a masterful job in out boxing and out classing Wilder then he should had no problem taking the immediate rematch the money he got from top rank would’ve doubled with the belt....but he didn’t do that did he....because he knows he’s going to get knocked out in the rematch

Comment

Ortiz needed a Jack Reiss. He would have been given a fair chance to continue. Wilder would have finished the fight in all likelihood, but Bayless stopped it too quickly. And I always gave Kenny credit for being one of the best referees for many years, but he's slipping now.

Comment

Fury beat the referee's count and Ortiz did not, bottom line. Both counts took more than 10 seconds but if the ref says 9 and you are not already on your way to standing up straight, the fight is over.

Comment

Wilder is right, but that doesn't make it the right decision. In the first fight, Fury went down extremely hard. His head hitting the back of the canvas, turning out his lights momentarily. I think we all assumed the fight was over, and the count wasn't neccessary. Thankfully, we had the best ref in boxing making the call to give the lineal champ the benefit of the doubt. Fury shocked us all, by not only surviving the the
                round. He would dictate the action for the remainder of it.

Comment

Everybody wants to blame the ref for their loss. Ortiz doesn't beat the count not the refs fault those are rules. Fury does beat the count and isn't stumbling, not the refs fault. Really it's the judges to blame on Fury's side. They robbed him last December

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    I realize you have a different opinion, but, you know who the **** you are talking to...

I'll say it straight as ****, when it comes to HW title fights you'll find no poster on this forum more comfortable with them. Period.

You done know from 686BC to 1888 I'm uncontested. What makes you think I skipped the filmed and radio years? Those are just waaaay easier to find and waaay easier to digest. I'll watch a fight before I read one, I am human.

-----

Wasn't the first KD, and, most people don't get put down like that off one punch so finding a direct analog to prove either point is kinda...good luck.

He got in a left hook while Tyson was going down, it was brutal as **** and you know damn well had he just waved it off it wouldn't have cause any controversy because we're all used to seeing brutal as **** KD's called immediately.

Gerald Washington was given less chance, where's the kerfuffle for him? Okay, so when it isn't a high profile fighter then it's okay, but, when it is that'd be a quick call?

Also, like every fight in the UK is called kinda early, they don't even need a brutal KD, just a one sided exchange and you get a Audley style KO.

Show me the KD where the fighter getting up was given so just as much room to prove he can continue.

Finally, I think struggling to find a direct analog alludes to my statement being true; it was an abnormal call.
                    You know a lot about the history of boxing, but that doesn't mean you've been a life-long fan and watched thousands of fights, like I have.

I know a lot about the history of the Roman occupation of northern England, but I learned it all in the last 2 years after stumbling across the remains of an old Roman road while walking in the Bowland fells and wondering who the heck built a road like that up there in the middle of nowhere, and where it used to go to. Before that, the subject never really interested me.

There was actually quite a kerfuffle over the premature stoppage of Gerald Washington, but not as much as there might have been for a more credible contender.

I stand by what I said .. it is actually quite rare for a ref to stop the fight immediately, without a count, just because somebody goes down hard in a world title fight, unless the downed fighter has taken a lot of punishment prior to the KD.

Ortiz went down just as hard as Fury, and he got a count, so it baffles me where you're coming from here.

Comment

birdlegs needs a sympathetic referee to win because his opponents keep getting up. if birdlegs hits so hard why don't they stay down and why couldn't he put the big dosser away after he got up in the 12th round. want to see a real KO watch JMM vs pacquiao 4 . what birdlegs did to fury and ortiz nothing more than flash knockdown they keep getting up just like in frazier vs foreman 1 they keep getting up

Comment

Working...
                      X