No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
    Looks like the $3 and 1.5 are the guarantees and the bracket numbers are the fake news numbers to fool the fans into thinking Wilder is a draw.
    You're an idiot. You think Showtime was afraid to guarantee 4.5 million? You have no idea how the sport works.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      So someone is paying Wilder $20M and Ortiz $7M.

Who?
      Fox. Fox. Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        so he made 20 mill for breazale and 20 mill for ortiz. he needs 60 mill in his next fight to make up what he turned down. good luck
        The only thing he turned down was 20 million to fight Breazeale on DAZN. He didn't turn down 40 million to fight Joshua. Joshua lost and the offer was rescinded.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
          Rafael isn't guessing. Enough people knew the real guarantees that he was bound to find out. Someone at Showtime might have told him what Fox's final offer was, someone at Fox may have leaked the number, someone at PBC, who knows.
          They don't know, it's hearsay. He can't even give a damn number just approximates.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            oh yea the live gate is going swimmingly! and if they did 325 for the fury fight are they really going to do more for this fight?
            Fox believes so. Showtime didn't believe so. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              They don't know, it's hearsay. He can't even give a damn number just approximates.
              If he got the information from multiple independent reliable sources that have a track record of delivering accurate information, it's ethical for him to report the number. I never see you complain when Rafael reports TR numbers.

Comment

If he got the information from multiple independent reliable sources that have a track record of delivering accurate information, it's ethical for him to report the number. I never see you complain when Rafael reports TR numbers.
                He's not reporting the number. "about" "closer to" sounds to me like he doesn't know.

Closer to 7 than 1.5 for Ortiz literally means inbetween 4.25 and 7.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-22-2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                  wilderite??? oh i see now, ya'll just cheer for how much money other men make and claim that a s a win...so basically ya'll are the new age woman, cheering on how much "their man makes"
                  Yeah.....basically, you can claim to be the king of the division and still be making 3mil plus adons.
                  #ClashInTheDunes will see the B side take home more than the purses of both fighters combined tomorrow.
                  HW boxing.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I don't know exactly how much but from what I've read they lost money.
                    Well Hearn was probably exaggerating to high hell but other sources have also stated the fight isn't selling well.

As a side note, I'm confused how the journalists go from a 3m guarantee for Wilder to closer to 20? Where is this figure coming from? If it's from trusted sources, why don;t they just increase the guarantee? The publicity of such a low figure is terrible. I hope for Wilder's sake he is earning the 20m and the fight doesn't slip too far into the red regardless
                    Last edited by Articulateboxin; 11-23-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Two reasons:

#1 - Taxes
                      #2 - Sanctioning fees

Wilder is self promoted. His accountants will have him pay himself a fee for fighting. Instead of paying the WBC 3% of 20 million, he only pays them 3% of 3 million. Instead of paying state and federal personal income tax on 20 million, he only pays on 3 million. He can then funnel the other money through various business en******, deduct all sorts of expenses, etc.

It's done this way because the accountants say to do it this way.

The MAIN reason it is done that way is because promoters are required to pay the FULL contracted purse amount (the contract that is filed with the commission) immediately after the fight. (some states allow up to 72 hours). There would be a supplemental agreement for the remainder of the guarantee.

However, PPV revenue can take up to SIX MONTHS or sometimes more to trickle in, so the promoter definitely doesnt want to front that money and then have to wait to be paid later from the cable distributors.

It helps with sanctioning fees, but is irrelevant as far as taxes go. If you are running it through an S corp or an LLC or whatever entity, whether its $3 million now and another 17 million later, its no different than a $20 million lump sum.......
                      Last edited by OnePunch; 11-22-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X