Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people talk of Boxing "resumes", that usually translates to "best wins." Usually the top 4-5 wins. I'm honestly not sure who are GGG's top 5 wins? Derevyanchenko and Jacobs are his best wins, but both are disputed, which leaves them with an asterisk for me. A real man would take the rematches and leave no doubt, but GGG doesn't look in any rush to do so with either of these opponents. After those 2 opponents, I'd say Kell Brook is the next best name on GGG's resume, but he was at a massive size disadvantage, so again the win comes with an asterisk. After that it's hard to pick another one or two "best" wins for GGG. I personally would say Martin Murray is one of his best wins, with no asterisk, because Murray owned Sergio Martinez in Argentina and got robbed. He also beat Felix sturm in Germany and got robbed there. After that it's either Daniel Geale or David Lemieux, both paper champions who wouldn't have gotten near "World" titles before there were 6, 7 or 8 to win. So in my opinion, GGG's best wins/resume:

- Daniel Jacobs (disputed win)
    - Sergiy Derevyanchenko (disputed win)
    - Kell Brook (massive size advantage)
    - Martin Murray
    - Daniel Geale or David Lemieux

This is not a GREAT resume in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      Bro you said AJ, Parker, Chisora, Rivas and Helenius

Were better than, Canelo, Canelo, Jacobs, SD, Murray, Lemieux, Monroe, etc...I mean wut...like wut
      From that list I only rate Canelo, Jacobs and Sergey that's why.

Comment

OK man thanks for your very biased opinion lol...if you didn't mean that Alcine KOed him, why did you say it...you said it because you don't really know what you're talking about lol...as evidenced by the rest of your post(s).

Lemieux was KOed by Rubio 5 years before he fought GGG...and that was after Lemieux punched himself out and gassed out early after he couldn't get the KO...it was a KO from fatigue basically...I'm sure you know that though since you watched the fight? Since you know all about his career like how you said he was KOed by Alcine lol....Lemieux was in really good form for that GGG fight...if you prefer to hype up wins vs shot old fat fighters over prime guys at their best weight, go ahead I guess, I don't care lol...you have to tell yourself whatever you want man.

Yeah Danny beat Mattysse as well as Alexander and Judah did...good win but Danny was always going to the official win there in a close fight...so not really seeing the hyping up of that win...you seem like a legit fanboy to hype up that win and Matthyse at that time, while not taking into account the version of Lemieux that GGG fought...you just seem really biased and like you have no idea what you're even talking about.

Yeah Murray wasn't a bum...maybe do some research a bit before you make posts lol...GGG never fought anyone named Adams...Vanes was a late replacement after Canelo pissed dirty...and still was a decent fighter at that time, he just got run over by a truck...as Vanes said, it was clear why Nelo was on that Mexican beef, he needed it for GGG.

Monroe was a really good fighter who surely would have taken Canelo 12 rounds at that time...GGG vs Monroe showed the difference at that time between Nelo/Lara...GGG was able to get to and hurt a guy who was trying to move around the ring...Canelo couldn't do that then...if Monroe is a bum everyone on Canelo's resume is a bum except for like 5 guys.

So yeah GGG does have a good resume...anyone who looks at stuff objectively and doesn't buy into the hype will see that...if you are a devoted Canelo guy then you can really overhype his wins I guess...but when you factor in everything there is not much at all to separate GGG and Canelo's resume...the only people really claiming that either 1) don't really know what they are talking about 2) are really biased either for or against Canelo.

But go kiss that Canelo poster if your room for me, I'm sure it's been a few minutes since you've done it.

Adama not Adams. That's a typo

Monroe has never even been a world champion or even considered a test. Don't ever compare him to lara. You said Monroe is a really good fighter. based off what? He has no resume. Who has he beat that says he is a good fighter. He never beat anybody before or after Golovkin. You are a fanboy who tries to hype up bum opponents. Rosario is a bum. Adama is a bum. Rolls is a bum. Vanes is a underacheiver. Proska is a bum. Monroe is a bum. Lemiuex is a bum.

Not one of those dudes have a notable win.

And Murray didn't beat Martinez so stop saying it like it's a fact. He went life and death with a 1 legged fighter. And didn't get the decision.

Lemiuex has no notable wins so what version of him is supposed to be the best? You are a fanboy because you keep talking about ggg beating lemiuex when everybody knows lemiuex has never beat anybody for him to be rated. He was a paper champion and the world knows this hence why he never won a title after that and he still has no notable win.

Vanes was coming off of a 2 year layoff and never fought at 160 and you praise that ggg win. That's called a fanboy.

Porter wins over Broner and Danny are just as good as GGG wins over Jacobs and dereavychencko. So save that b.s.. most felt GGG lost those fights. Especially the Derevy fight.

This thread ain't even about Canelo it was about 5 fighters who fought better comp than GGG. And you turn it into a Canelo fest. Even tho I clearly said Canelo, Jacobs, and dereavychencko are the 3 fights I credit Golovkin for.

This is what gives you away as a golovkin d**k rider.

Comment

Dude you have Ward's record as 32-0 on your sig...when everyone with 2 eyes knows he lost that 1st fight to Kov...so let's not pretend like you keep it real here lol.

Yeah Lemieux lost to Alcine and Rubio....5 years before he fought GGG...yeah Murray again came out on the wrong side of the decision, when he faced Abraham, in Germany...that's what happens, when unlike your hero Andre, you fight outside of your own backyard...then when you have close fights in the other guy's backyard, you don't really ever get the nod...but deep down you know that

I like how you make sure to mention that you think Abraham is shot then...so not to take away from Ward's win over him which I'm sure you consider one of the best ever lol...Abraham was on a 7 fight win streak before Murray btw so obviously wasn't too bad...and again that was at 168...and most who watched it said Murray should have won.

But do you man...you're obviously a very biased guy intent on supporting your guys and to feel better about yourself you have to overhype them and slight guys who are against them...that's cool...but as far as boxing analysis goes your opinion is just not really relevant man.
          Ward-Kov 1 was close but Ward pulled off the W & stopped him in the rematch. The HBO commentary was clearly proven to be bias for Kov.

Who did Lemieux beat in that 5 year time frame? What did he do after? Lol I bet you were one of the people that thought Lemieux-Bjs was going to be 50-50. Lemieux is a bonafide C+ level fighter.

Abraham was going life and death with Stieglitz, thats the stage he was at. Murray did slightly better than Paul Smith did against Abraham.

Why couldn't MM do what Ramirez, Stieglitz, Eubank did against A.A? Why couldn't Lemieux do what Akhavov, Eubank, etc. Did against Bjs?

C'mon lol. Prime AB was 7 years earlier that's when SOG beat him. You must be new to boxing if you're overrating Lemieux & M.M this much. Pirog & Martinez had to retire due to injury, golovkin, Jacobs etc. Didn't have to beat these guys, golovkin was the king of an empty division that has now been taken over by 154lbers.

Comment

Murray had just beaten, by many people's opinions, a decent version of Sergio Martinez in Argentina...I think a neutral person would give some credit for that win and list it as a good one.
            na na, Murray was supposed to be a soft defence when back from injury. Sergio was clearly not right too.

i credit it for what it is, a mid to low contender defence. But at the time you could make a case for it being GGG's best win back when it happened (though most would have Geale ahead).
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-17-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Ward-Kov 1 was close but Ward pulled off the W & stopped him in the rematch. The HBO commentary was clearly proven to be bias for Kov.

Who did Lemieux beat in that 5 year time frame? What did he do after? Lol I bet you were one of the people that thought Lemieux-Bjs was going to be 50-50. Lemieux is a bonafide C+ level fighter.

Abraham was going life and death with Stieglitz, thats the stage he was at. Murray did slightly better than Paul Smith did against Abraham.

Why couldn't MM do what Ramirez, Stieglitz, Eubank did against A.A? Why couldn't Lemieux do what Akhavov, Eubank, etc. Did against Bjs?

C'mon lol. Prime AB was 7 years earlier that's when SOG beat him. You must be new to boxing if you're overrating Lemieux & M.M this much. Pirog & Martinez had to retire due to injury, golovkin, Jacobs etc. Didn't have to beat these guys, golovkin was the king of an empty division that has now been taken over by 154lbers.

All facts!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                From that list I only rate Canelo, Jacobs and Sergey that's why.
                OK I just don't really see how you would then rate those other guys on Chisora's list but OK that's cool

Comment

• Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  When people talk of Boxing "resumes", that usually translates to "best wins." Usually the top 4-5 wins. I'm honestly not sure who are GGG's top 5 wins? Derevyanchenko and Jacobs are his best wins, but both are disputed, which leaves them with an asterisk for me. A real man would take the rematches and leave no doubt, but GGG doesn't look in any rush to do so with either of these opponents. After those 2 opponents, I'd say Kell Brook is the next best name on GGG's resume, but he was at a massive size disadvantage, so again the win comes with an asterisk. After that it's hard to pick another one or two "best" wins for GGG. I personally would say Martin Murray is one of his best wins, with no asterisk, because Murray owned Sergio Martinez in Argentina and got robbed. He also beat Felix sturm in Germany and got robbed there. After that it's either Daniel Geale or David Lemieux, both paper champions who wouldn't have gotten near "World" titles before there were 6, 7 or 8 to win. So in my opinion, GGG's best wins/resume:

- Daniel Jacobs (disputed win)
                  - Sergiy Derevyanchenko (disputed win)
                  - Kell Brook (massive size advantage)
                  - Martin Murray
                  - Daniel Geale or David Lemieux

This is not a GREAT resume in my opinion.
                  Thanks for the post.

Yeah I think now if we are getting into the debate of 'unofficial resume'...or calling it how we see it...then a lot of people would give GGG a lot of credit for those 2 Canelo fights, and in a lot of cases he would have 2 more wins there...over a top pfp fighter.

I was going with 'official' resume in this thread...as far as giving credit for official Ws..I would say that the only real close fight GGG has had was with SD, but hey a lot of people on here don't like GGG and see his career different...that is their opinion and they are entitled to it.

I would also add that if we are getting into 'disputed' wins...then a lot of people would basically take issue with Canelo's whole resume...especially when we discount the Mosley win...and another recent guy, Ward, well he really only has 1 clean non-controversial win himself, over Froch...

So yeah I think when you look at 'disputed' wins...a lot of guys don't really have a ton of great clean wins...I mean GGG's over Jacobs was very clear really but some like you say you can find 7 rounds for Danny there I guess...so yeah if you can find 7 rounds for Danny there then a lot of guys should have disputed Ws anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    No you dont. You have a total blind spot for your hero ggg. At least be honest about it.

I'll bite, what's my supposed agenda?

I would be hard pressed to find some one who meets all of those conditions. At least half of those thing anyone with even a basic boxing IQ (this apparently leaves you out) can see aren't even close to being true.

1). Ggg great? No. Despite what you think that resume just not worthy of the word great.

2). Wilder/Fury a draw? No, I'm a huge Wilder fan and I think he'll win the rematch but Fury absolutely deserved that decision.

3). Loma/Linares tied after the 4th? Not on my card but not far fetched either

4). Ggg/Ouma tied before the 5th? Okay

5). Kovalev clearly beat Ward. Pretty close fight. Nothing clear either way
                    Huh...I don't really follow your last 3 posts...GGG Koed Ouma in like the 10th round and Loma KOed Linares in like the 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      Pacquiao, canelo, donaire. That’s about it for me. The rest seem so so. With only 2 quality wins..
                      ggg’s case is his body work.. he reigned longer than the other guys
                      Good post thanks man...yeah I just think objectively when you look at GGG's it ends up being strong...but there are a lot of devoted GGG dislikers on here so they will fight that tooth and nail really....some of the reasoning there from them just makes little sense...but when you see how emotional they are about fighters they do and don't like, well their analysis makes a little more sense...it isn't really logic based, just emotion really.

Comment

Working...
                      X