No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Yeah you can read all my posts and see that I judge fighters based on merit...you guys judge and support based on what color jersey they have on...that's cool...but your opinion as an analyst is just irrelevant man...you're not objective, you're biased...which is fine, be a fan, that's cool.

But don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you clearly have an agenda with all of your posts.

You would be hard pressed to find someone like me who 1) thinks GGG is great 2) thought Fury-Wilder was a draw 3) thought Loma was tied with Linares before the KO 4) thought GGG was tied with Ouma before the KO 5) and like anyone with 2 eyes I saw Kovalev clearly beat Ward in their first fight.

But keep doing you man.
    No you dont. You have a total blind spot for your hero ggg. At least be honest about it.

I'll bite, what's my supposed agenda?

I would be hard pressed to find some one who meets all of those conditions. At least half of those thing anyone with even a basic boxing IQ (this apparently leaves you out) can see aren't even close to being true.

1). Ggg great? No. Despite what you think that resume just not worthy of the word great.

2). Wilder/Fury a draw? No, I'm a huge Wilder fan and I think he'll win the rematch but Fury absolutely deserved that decision.

3). Loma/Linares tied after the 4th? Not on my card but not far fetched either

4). Ggg/Ouma tied before the 5th? Okay

5). Kovalev clearly beat Ward. Pretty close fight. Nothing clear either way
    Last edited by just the facts; 11-16-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      No you dont. You have a total blind spot for your hero ggg. At least be honest about it.
      I don't what? Nah I just am not blinded by some false narratives that are put out there about a guy from BFE who fights all of his fights in the US...and has to deal with US/UK/Mexico media which of course will always favor guys from those countries.

I think Lara and a lot of those Cubans would have much better records if they were from the US...but they don't get that benefit...so he loses his fights to Williams, Canelo, and Hurd and the tie with Vanes Molina and Castano...if he was from the US he would probably be undefeated, straight up.

And also a lot of African fighters imo don't really get a fair shake because they are from BFE as well, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt and have to get KOs in some fights to win.

I am just able to see beyond the bull.**** for what it is...and not overhype guys just because they are from my area or look like me...I look at what the talent and resume of a guy actually shows and go from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        The man's name is Lemieux. If you don't think he's all that fine but show some class..
        Simmer down. I'm sure LeMeh could handle being called what he is and not shed tears.

Comment

Yeah I think again that beating a really good fighter in his prime is a better win often times than beating a past prime old somewhat shot fighter...so I am looking at what version of a guy that someone beat...in the first scenario the guy could be a 7.5 out of 10...in the second scenario the guy could be a 7/10. Just because the name on the back of the jersey says Holmes etc...doesn't mean you beat Larry Holmes etc.
          I don't think Mike beats many, if any, prime HOF HWs. Maybe those little HW's from way back in the day like Patterson and Marciano. Naw. Mike would definitely clobber those 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            I don't think Mike beats many, if any, prime HOF HWs. Maybe those little HW's from way back in the day like Patterson and Marciano. Naw. Mike would definitely clobber those 2.
            Yeah I definitely agree that it is hard imo to see how guys from the past would compete with today's fighters...especially if we are saying the guys from the past have to compete at the same weight they fought at then...those guys had like same day weigh ins and sh.it so all in all it just wouldn't really be fair man to man for the past greats to fight the current guys.

I will say that I wouldn't bet against a prime Mike Tyson against anyone...he was so quick and hard to time getting inside...I can't for example imagine Vitali keeping Mike at bay all fight and not getting caught..you may be right though, hard to say as we never saw it and will never see it.

Comment

Yeah I definitely agree that it is hard imo to see how guys from the past would compete with today's fighters...especially if we are saying the guys from the past have to compete at the same weight they fought at then...those guys had like same day weigh ins and sh.it so all in all it just wouldn't really be fair man to man for the past greats to fight the current guys.

I will say that I wouldn't bet against a prime Mike Tyson against anyone...he was so quick and hard to time getting inside...I can't for example imagine Vitali keeping Mike at bay all fight and not getting caught..you may be right though, hard to say as we never saw it and will never see it.
              Did Mike have ''talent''. Yes. He had really fast hands and threw amazing combos. He had a dependable chin.

But he had heart issues. Mike was confused if a person fought back. He could also be timed (same with Pac). He fought at the same rhythm. Bob left, Bob right, move in for the attack. Usually his opponents would be defeated before the opening bell.

Mike was the prototypical bully.

Comment

Did Mike have ''talent''. Yes. He had really fast hands and threw amazing combos. He had a dependable chin.

But he had heart issues. Mike was confused if a person fought back. He could also be timed (same with Pac). He fought at the same rhythm. Bob left, Bob right, move in for the attack. Usually his opponents would be defeated before the opening bell.

Mike was the prototypical bully.
                I think he was a little tougher than you give him credit for...especially when he was with his original trainer/team...he was more of a robot then and I mean that in a good way...I think as he aged he kind of just honed in on the bully thing...and when that went wrong he didn't really know what to do...but yeah a young Mike I just hold up there with anyone...just my 2 cents there.

Comment

Simmer down. I'm sure LeMeh could handle being called what he is and not shed tears.
                  How about we just go and call you ****** from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    How about we just go and call you ****** from now on.
                    @ ''we''

Meh.......

7+ *'s and I might cry.

Comment

• Pacquiao, canelo, donaire. That’s about it for me. The rest seem so so. With only 2 quality wins..
                      ggg’s case is his body work.. he reigned longer than the other guys

Comment

Working...
                      X