No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    I gotta say buddy. You've been on this forum for 9 months and managed to rack up almost 5 thousand posts. This is the first one I have noticed and only because you quoted me. You really need to work on this 'posting' thing.
    OK good one man

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      When the opponent is questionable at best, they are upgraded and losses get explained away.

Even in the weakest div, in the weakest eras, there will be ''top'' guys. Besides Grandpa Holmes and Cashing Out Spinks, what guy did Mike beat have a notable legacy ?

As with LeMeh, Mike was easy pickings the rare times he stepped up.
      Yeah I think again that beating a really good fighter in his prime is a better win often times than beating a past prime old somewhat shot fighter...so I am looking at what version of a guy that someone beat...in the first scenario the guy could be a 7.5 out of 10...in the second scenario the guy could be a 7/10. Just because the name on the back of the jersey says Holmes etc...doesn't mean you beat Larry Holmes etc.

Comment

Best resume in Boxing last 30 years? Easy: Darnell Boone! He fought Lara, Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson, Pascal, Stevens, Vera, Monroe Jr, etc. All of them while still young and on their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Vnecaxa View Post
          Best resume in Boxing last 30 years? Easy: Darnell Boone! He fought Lara, Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson, Pascal, Stevens, Vera, Monroe Jr, etc. All of them while still young and on their prime.
          Yeah as far as names fought he is definitely up there...not to mention he had really good success against Ward, Kov and Stevenson, in different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            So if we are giving credit just for facing guys...how would one AJ be better than 2 Canelos...wut
            Canelo is a superior fight to Joshua but the rest of the resume is weak outside of Jacobs to be honest

Comment

Again how can you hype up Danny and Porter, for example, and give them credit for close losses, but slight GGG for having an official draw and close loss to Canelo.

You hype up Porter going 3-3 vs Spence, Garcia, Brook, Berto, Broner and Thurman.

But apparently feel GGG's list of going officially 5-1-1 vs Canelo, Canelo, SD, Jacobs, Brook, Lemieux and Murray, to name 7, is not close to that...just makes 0 sense man.

Show me where I slighted ggg draw against Canelo? I gave ggg credit for the Canelo, Jacobs and dereavychencko fights.

Murray and lemiuex are nobodies in boxing and they never beat anybody. So stop bringing them up as if they were elite.

Porter fought every notable welterweight except Pac and bud.

And Oscar de la hoya gets credit for having one of the best resumes ever. Why? When he lost all his big fights? Because the losses don't matter when you fight elite people.

That's why porter gets credit.

Comment

Alcine didn't KO him...why lie/embellish...just makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about, and just parroting talking points that you want to be true.

Who does Lucas Matthyse for example really have on his resume to be touted as a great win...Lemieux has Rosado Stevens and Ndam...Lucas doesn't have much better than that if we are keeping it real.

And many feel Murray beat Martinez when they fought...anyway hey man if you really want to hype up the resumes of DSG and Porter over GGG's...I mean those guys are really good fighters and I respect them...but yeah don't see how in any way they come close to having as good of a resume as GGG...not at this point, but they still have some years left.

And if we're just going by wins over names...GGG has Vanes on his resume, who tied Lara...he has Brook who beat Porter better than anyone...etc...yeah just don't really follow the logic there my friend.

Pardon me, I didn't mean alcine knocked him out. I meant he loss back to back fights to Rubio and alcine. And he has no win over anybody considered elite. So Golovkin beating a guy that loss to Marco Rubio in the same fashion means s**t.

Lucas matthysse was considered a beast that Danny would duck at the time of there fight. It was a fight that all of boxing was calling for and Danny delivered. Danny beat khan when khan was in line to be the next UK superstar and 1 fight away from a mayweather fight. Golovkin doesn't have a win like that nowhere on his resume.

Nobody demanded Golovkin vs Murray, Adams, vanes, monroe, or any of the bums he beat.

Vanes had a draw with Lara so what? That's like saying Golovkin had a draw with Canelo.

When Canelo fought Lara he had 1 loss which was to Paul Williams and nobody feels he lost that fight. So Lara was basically undefeated. Something Vanes was not when gennady fought him.

If you think Golovkin has good resume you are a fanboy and not. Realist.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  Show me where I slighted ggg draw against Canelo? I gave ggg credit for the Canelo, Jacobs and dereavychencko fights.

Murray and lemiuex are nobodies in boxing and they never beat anybody. So stop bringing them up as if they were elite.

Porter fought every notable welterweight except Pac and bud.

And Oscar de la hoya gets credit for having one of the best resumes ever. Why? When he lost all his big fights? Because the losses don't matter when you fight elite people.

That's why porter gets credit.
                  Right and the thread is about official wins...but again if we want to give credit for just performances...not sure how GGG wouldn't get a lot of credit for his Canelo fights...and again if we are going based on how we feel guys did, then a lot of people would give GGG the nod over Canelo in those 2 fights, so that would bode really well for him, resume wise, to have 1 or 2 wins over a guy many consider number 1 pfp.

And yeah you have to look at what version of a guy you fight/beat...beating a prime fighter, fighting great, at his best weight should generally be a better win than beating a shot old fat former great above his best weight...as serious fans I am still not sure how there isn't universal agreement about that point.

Also, again, Murray in general opinion beat a not completely shot Sergio in Argentina...to slight him and his ability at that time just makes you seem really biased.

You are 'slighting' GGG for the Canelo fights in the sense that you are giving apparently a lot of credit for Porter for close official loses to lesser fighters than Canelo...but not giving GGG a lot of credit for the official draw and official close loss to Canelo...the logic there just doesn't really check out my friend.

If you really want to believe all that, that's fine...but tbh the statements don't really back that up...by any way you slice it, official wins, caliber of top fighters faced, or unofficial general consensus performances, Porter or Garcia are in no way far ahead of GGG on anything...and in some cases would be behind or considerably behind him.

Again I don't really care at all...but yeah the insistence from some on here about those resumes, just makes 0 sense...even when the issues are pointed out, some will double and triple down just to support their pre-established narrative...just not a lot of realness on here unfortunately...a lot of 'fanboying'.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                    Pardon me, I didn't mean alcine knocked him out. I meant he loss back to back fights to Rubio and alcine. And he has no win over anybody considered elite. So Golovkin beating a guy that loss to Marco Rubio in the same fashion means s**t.

Lucas matthysse was considered a beast that Danny would duck at the time of there fight. It was a fight that all of boxing was calling for and Danny delivered. Danny beat khan when khan was in line to be the next UK superstar and 1 fight away from a mayweather fight. Golovkin doesn't have a win like that nowhere on his resume.

Nobody demanded Golovkin vs Murray, Adams, vanes, monroe, or any of the bums he beat.

Vanes had a draw with Lara so what? That's like saying Golovkin had a draw with Canelo.

When Canelo fought Lara he had 1 loss which was to Paul Williams and nobody feels he lost that fight. So Lara was basically undefeated. Something Vanes was not when gennady fought him.

If you think Golovkin has good resume you are a fanboy and not. Realist.
                    OK man thanks for your very biased opinion lol...if you didn't mean that Alcine KOed him, why did you say it...you said it because you don't really know what you're talking about lol...as evidenced by the rest of your post(s).

Lemieux was KOed by Rubio 5 years before he fought GGG...and that was after Lemieux punched himself out and gassed out early after he couldn't get the KO...it was a KO from fatigue basically...I'm sure you know that though since you watched the fight? Since you know all about his career like how you said he was KOed by Alcine lol....Lemieux was in really good form for that GGG fight...if you prefer to hype up wins vs shot old fat fighters over prime guys at their best weight, go ahead I guess, I don't care lol...you have to tell yourself whatever you want man.

Yeah Danny beat Mattysse as well as Alexander and Judah did...good win but Danny was always going to the official win there in a close fight...so not really seeing the hyping up of that win...you seem like a legit fanboy to hype up that win and Matthyse at that time, while not taking into account the version of Lemieux that GGG fought...you just seem really biased and like you have no idea what you're even talking about.

Yeah Murray wasn't a bum...maybe do some research a bit before you make posts lol...GGG never fought anyone named Adams...Vanes was a late replacement after Canelo pissed dirty...and still was a decent fighter at that time, he just got run over by a truck...as Vanes said, it was clear why Nelo was on that Mexican beef, he needed it for GGG.

Monroe was a really good fighter who surely would have taken Canelo 12 rounds at that time...GGG vs Monroe showed the difference at that time between Nelo/Lara...GGG was able to get to and hurt a guy who was trying to move around the ring...Canelo couldn't do that then...if Monroe is a bum everyone on Canelo's resume is a bum except for like 5 guys.

So yeah GGG does have a good resume...anyone who looks at stuff objectively and doesn't buy into the hype will see that...if you are a devoted Canelo guy then you can really overhype his wins I guess...but when you factor in everything there is not much at all to separate GGG and Canelo's resume...the only people really claiming that either 1) don't really know what they are talking about 2) are really biased either for or against Canelo.

But go kiss that Canelo poster if your room for me, I'm sure it's been a few minutes since you've done it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                      Helenius
                      Chisora
                      Parker
                      Rivas
                      Joshua
                      Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                      Canelo is a superior fight to Joshua but the rest of the resume is weak outside of Jacobs to be honest
                      Bro you said AJ, Parker, Chisora, Rivas and Helenius

Were better than, Canelo, Canelo, Jacobs, SD, Murray, Lemieux, Monroe, etc...I mean wut...like wut

Comment

Working...
                      X