No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    This is how it really is and I'm a fan of GGG.
    Bro...but now if we are arguing against official results...then a lot of people would give GGG more credit than the official draw and loss he has against the 'number 1 pfp' guy in Canelo...you see what I'm saying lol.

And for the record I think the SD fight was close...the others GGG has been in he has been the clear winner imo..but again if we are just talking official results...then that stuff you listed doesn't really matter.

And if we are taking into account our opinions of how guys did in fights...then you would have to bump GGG up a lot based on his fights with Canelo...also I would add that if you slight a lot of those other guys on GGG's resume...then like no one ever has any more than 5 good wins to brag about lol.

Look at the resumes of any fighter you want all-time...very few have anything more than 5 or so big name fights on their resume...the rest of their list is made up of quality fighters...in GGG's case he won all of his, a lot of other guys can't even say that.
    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-15-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      Facts.... TS refuse to take a L lmao.

How u gonna downplay other guys resumes then turn around and try to hype up GGGs.

His best win is Daniel Jacobs which was controversial. And next best win is Martin Murray or Serg D.

People don't even like Garcia but all admit he has one of the best resumes with those big wins over Khan and Mattysee yet TS thinks if he names every single GGG average win it somehow transforms into "great"

The only way i could give his pov a pass is if related to the guy or know him personally.

Otherwise his dck riding has more substance than GGGs resume lmao
      Lol...dude it's honestly like crazy to me that you can have it laid out for you with DSG's resume...and then with GGG's...and you still swear that Mattyse and Khan are way better than GGG's official wins of Lemieux, SD, Jacobs, and Murray.

And again...why do people keep now injecting opinions into how guys did in those fights...we are just going by official results...if we are now giving our opinions about how they did in fights, then GGG's would probably get a big boost if anything, considering how he did vs Canelo who many have number 1 pfp...and who you admitted you felt GGG won both fights lol.

So yeah I just shake my head that you swear up and down that Matthyse and Khan are these otherworldly official wins...and that GGG's official wins of SD Jacobs Murray and Lemieux are not...like it just makes no sense to me lol.

People have different opinions...and I've seen some strange ones on here before...but yeah people doubling down on DSG's resume being better than GGG's at this point...I mean objectively speaking it just makes 0 sense when you look at it.

And just because a few people on here may agree with you...it doesn't change the fact that DSG has 2 high quality official wins and GGG has like 4...and again GGG has many more quality wins than Danny at this point...so if people chime in to support you and you think that proves your point, that's cool.

But until the actual names on the resumes change, well it is pretty clear imo that you are the one way off on this one my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Pacquiao
        Canelo
        Crawford
        Spence
        Porter
        Garcia
        Khan
        Kovalev
        Fury
        Joshua
        Usyk
        Khan
        Pascal
        Donaire
        Lol I knew you would work AJ in there ...funny stuff.

Yeah GGG would be clearly above most of those guys...but thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I think he has a great resume with a record tying 20 successful world middleweight title defenses and only one questionable loss in his career. He KOed 22 guys in a row and is and has been one of the highest paid boxers in he world. Who else comes even close to making 20 successful title defenses of a title? But if someone thinks his resume is no good you can't change his mind. That's OK. At age 37 he is the number 1 middleweight in the world right behind the champion middleweight Canelo.He is still on all the well known top ten PFP best lists and he makes about 16 million bucks every fight and is the IBF world middleweight champion.
          Thanks good post man...yeah I mean I am all for different opinions...but I guess this insistence that Danny Garcia is way ahead of GGG on resume...I mean I just never really heard that before lol...when that is mentioned, and you look at it, and you kind of break it down why that is not really at all the case...I mean yeah I guess some people just don't want to admit they are wrong and want their narrative to be true regardless lol.

I like a good debate though...but yeah it is true that once people have their minds made up, good luck changing them on that...a smart man changes his opinion if he is presented with new evidence and I always try to do that...but yeah looking at those two resumes and having people swear Danny's is better...it's like wut lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            I would say Lemieux, SD, Jacobs and Murray are all right there for his best official win...I don't really follow your second comment, but thanks for the reply
            yes but not murray.

murray is a lower contender.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              yes but not murray.

murray is a lower contender.
              Murray had just beaten, by many people's opinions, a decent version of Sergio Martinez in Argentina...I think a neutral person would give some credit for that win and list it as a good one.

Comment

Got ya...yeah the Brook win for Spence is a good one...I guess a bit tainted imo due to the damage/weight fluctuations he took vs GGG...and tbh I never really rated Mikey that high, and yeah going up in weight, I just don't really rate that win for Spence...and honestly as a fan of Spence I was disappointed he didn't get Mikey out of there.

I would say GGG's list of SD, Jacobs, Lemieux and Murray is a good deal better than Spence's list of Mikey, Brook, and Porter....and that's about all Spence has at all...while GGG has imo about another dozen really quality wins.

Like for me just honestly rating those wins for those guys based on the opponent level...I would say...Jacobs, SD, Porter, Brook (demoted due to his issues going in...but 1-4 would be close)...then Murray Lemieux and then Mikey a clear 7th...if he can do anything at WW then I would probably rate that win higher...we will see.
                Over and over you consistently overrate gggs wins. Derv and Jacobs. And that’s it. The rest are hot garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Over and over you consistently overrate gggs wins. Derv and Jacobs. And that’s it. The rest are hot garbage.
                  Lol...ok if Murray and Lemieux for example are garbage...I just expect you to keep that same energy for everoyne else's resumes and call all their wins garbage too ...some guys that you probably hype up would literally have 0 good wins...Andrade for example would have 0 wins..his whole resume would be garbage.

Literally no current fighter besides Pac would have more than 5 good wins...that means Nelo would officially have GGG, Jacobs, Lara and maybe Kov...and that's max...so just keep that same energy with everyone else and it's fine by me.

Comment

Got ya...yeah the Brook win for Spence is a good one...I guess a bit tainted imo due to the damage/weight fluctuations he took vs GGG...and tbh I never really rated Mikey that high, and yeah going up in weight, I just don't really rate that win for Spence...and honestly as a fan of Spence I was disappointed he didn't get Mikey out of there.

I would say GGG's list of SD, Jacobs, Lemieux and Murray is a good deal better than Spence's list of Mikey, Brook, and Porter....and that's about all Spence has at all...while GGG has imo about another dozen really quality wins.

Like for me just honestly rating those wins for those guys based on the opponent level...I would say...Jacobs, SD, Porter, Brook (demoted due to his issues going in...but 1-4 would be close)...then Murray Lemieux and then Mikey a clear 7th...if he can do anything at WW then I would probably rate that win higher...we will see.
                    Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    Btw...if you are really upset that I listed Murray Lemieux Jacobs and SD as good wins for GGG...and you're trying to really hype up Brook Mikey and Porter for Spence...I mean what are you even trying to say...is that really your big argument...that those 3 guys for Spence are these otherworldly wins while those 4 for GGG suck...I mean it makes 0 sense...some of the opinions on here seem like they are made up without care for the facts lol...ironic name you've got btw

Comment

GGG doesn’t even have a top 10 resume.

Pacquiao
                      Canelo
                      Lomachenko
                      Kovalev
                      Crawford
                      Estrada
                      Usyk
                      Donaire
                      Joshua
                      Spence