No announcement yet.

Let’s be honest - Mike Tyson was overrated as fu.ck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I only dislike how people want to act like Tyson's prime was a 3 year window from the age of 18 to 21.

Has to literally be the shortest prime in any career ever for any sport as an elite athlete. That didnt result in retirement, career ending injury or death.
    It is what it is. You don't have to like it or dislike it.

Comment

90's version Yes. It looked like him but he did not have the same mindset and focus and confidence. His reputation carried him more than his warrior spirit. He was wealthy spoiled and lost the edge Cus installed in him. Overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
        Actually he was knocked down in the 1st fight and got beat up pretty bad. He had an incredible round when he was hurt and came back hard which made the fight a classic and showed his heart. In the 3rd fight Bowe stopped him. Middleweight great Toney schooled him at heavyweight and stopped him. Moorer beat him and Lewis beat him twice. That's 6 clear losses. Old Holmes gave a prime version Evander all he could handle.
        But a lot of the clowns on here think today’s heavies can’t beat these guys, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          This is for people who act like these old school boxers were just out there knocking out killers.

Mike Tyson didn’t really beat anyone and he got knocked out every time he stepped up. Holyfield’s resume was somewhat mediocre at HW as well.
          This is obviously a post from a young person who did not witness the rise and subsequent self-destruction of this once-in-a-generation talent. Sad.

Comment

Carl Williams who Tyson knocked out in one round would probably unify the division these days. Im thankful the internet wasnt around when I was young. I would hate to know all the stupid **** I said back then would live on in perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
              This is obviously a post from a young person who did not witness the rise and subsequent self-destruction of this once-in-a-generation talent. Sad.
              Yeah right. Mike Tyson was just mentally weak and a lot of people around him alluded to it. And he was a hypejob.

You don’t lose your skills in boxing even if you step away for a couple of years. Yes, you can get ring rust but once you start boxing again it will come back naturally. That’s called muscle memory. Tyson just never had it.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                If you have ever boxed, you’d know that 15rds isn’t a joke.
                Oh, I have, also, I'm a kinesiologist by trade, and if I'm not the foremost historian on this forum I am damn sure close to it.

I'm well aware of the history of long fights, oldens' lifestyles, and what could be considered PEDs.

As you go back in history they just have less access to PEDs or anything that could be considered and go longer. Like all damn day.

In the first century watching dogs **** might be considered a PED. I'm not saying dudes weren't on ****, or, weren't trying to get an unfair advantage, they were, but, the **** you think they were taking?

Comment

One day this imbeciles will say that Ali, Pacman are all overrated.. so pathetic

Comment

Not one HW today would stand a chance.

Comment

His physical abilities weren't overated. They were amongst best of all time if not these best.
                      He resume isnt overated as noone rates it

Comment

Working...
                      X