No announcement yet.

Which is Canelo's 'signature' win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    None. He has quite a few "good" wins, none that I would call great wins. Several gifts that went his way as well.
    What gifted win? Running Lara? GGG 1 was a draw not a win for Canelo.

I really can’t think of any other fight, maybe I’m forgetting one.

Comment

• Probably BJS, a very good one, but not a great one. Remember this guy almost lost to Willie Monroe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Like 80% of the posters in this forum hate Canelo, man, and, of fact, they don't know anything about boxing.

So, what You think, what I.think, it does.not matter.

It what it is, You need to understand that, Canelo won, period, all the people wished Golovkin destroying Canelo and in the second Fight Canelo.destroyed and hurted Golovkin so Bad, he face was destroyed, and his ribs too.
        ​​​​​​
        it's boxing, period....

Duran vs Leonard I was too close, at the same level of Canelo vs Golovkin, New York Times said Leonard won the first match, but it was not, Duran won, period... A very close fight but still a win.

Its like soccer, it does not matter anything, just the fair win, it does not matter if is close.

It's not like they hate him for no good reasons, Canelo brings all the hate on himself. You can't constantly be the only person in boxing with the power to make any fight you want, but always deny the fights the fans want, fail drug tests, do the 155lb bs for all those years, use catchweight and rehydration clauses, put stipulation after stipulation in the contract to put the opponent at a disadvantage, show off your money all the time, talk ****, never give opponents who arguably beat you any respect, never EVER give them rematches the way Floyd and Ward did, and expect not to be disliked. He brings it all on himself.
        Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 12-14-2021, 12:59 PM.
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

What gifted win? Running Lara? GGG 1 was a draw not a win for Canelo.

I really can’t think of any other fight, maybe I’m forgetting one.
          Trout, Lara, GGG 2x. Like I said, he has several good wins such as Saunders, Plant, Jacobs, Cotto, Kovalev, none of them great wins in my opinion. We'll also never know just how much the Clen helped him out. Since he's been caught he has been fighting at higher weight classes. That Clen really helped him cut the weight while retaining muscle. Now he's jumping up to Cruiser.
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

Stop crying, the constant faux outrage is tiresome. You don't know Canelo and he doesn't know you even exist, you don't need to take every post about him personal.

There's posters in the thread that won't count that win as his signature win as they don't think he won, which is fine, but I still did as it's on his record.
            If it wasn't GGG, I'd probably go with Lara.
            damn i didnt even know mexican puppet came back, i thought he disappeared for good after his last PED boy, Nery got splattered
            Chrismart Chrismart El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Trout, Lara, GGG 2x. Like I said, he has several good wins such as Saunders, Plant, Jacobs, Cotto, Kovalev, none of them great wins in my opinion. We'll also never know just how much the Clen helped him out. Since he's been caught he has been fighting at higher weight classes. That Clen really helped him cut the weight while retaining muscle. Now he's jumping up to Cruiser.
              Yea I knew it…just as I suspected, you’re a fuking hater.

Canelo provided a hair sample which proved his innocence, but you don’t care about that. He’s always testing with Vada before his fights, for I can’t even remember how many fights in a row now.

Trout?? Please dude that fight Canelo looked bad ass, was slick and even knocked Trout down and made him do the chicken dance. Anyone that says he lost this fight is a secret hater as it wasn’t really that close.

and somewhat a close fight but a win for Canelo in the second GGG fight, personally I didn’t think it was as close as Canelo took it to him. Discrediting him for that win is like discrediting most signature wins for other fighters. We get close fights all day everyday every year, and they get the W with no controversy.

Canelo has a close fight here and there and they’re labeled robs.
              Last edited by Boxing fan1981; 12-14-2021, 01:35 PM.
              Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

• IDK??

Beating p4p #3 GGG at the time
                Beating p4p #9 Cotto
                Beating p4p top #20 Kovalov
                Beating p4p top #20 Lara
                Beating Trout who was coming off a career high win vs. Cotto

Beating undefeated champs Plant, Saunder, Smith.

Beating p4p top #20 Jacobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

Yea I knew it…just as I suspected, you’re a fuking hater.

Canelo provided a hair sample which proved his innocence, but you don’t care about that. He’s always testing with Vada before his fights, for I can’t even remember how many fights in a row now.

Trout?? Please dude that fight Canelo looked bad ass, was slick and even knocked Trout down and made him do the chicken dance. Anyone that says he lost this fight is a secret hater as it wasn’t really that close.

and somewhat a close fight but a win for Canelo in the second GGG fight, personally I didn’t think it was as close as Canelo took it to him. Discrediting him for that win is like discrediting most signature wins for other fighters. We get close fights all day everyday every year, and they get the W with no controversy.

Canelo has a close fight here and there and they’re labeled robs.
                  Yup dropped Trout and gave him a bloody mouth. All bambi-legged him a couple more times. Trout even KNEW he was winning and said No Mas.

No Heart Trout.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post

You say you stopped reading but it didnt fit your agenda did it?

Just like when you claimed it was IMPOSSIBLE for Canelo to weigh 180+ despite the fact I am the same size right?

Do you understand what the phrase "without a doubt" means?

Oh some boxers had Canelo winning but those people didnt score the fight now did they? I believe George foreman also said Canelo won but when asked what rounds he didnt have an answer. Why? Because he didnt score the fight.

You know, like how I scored it or how the media scored it? People PAID to do that job?

And some how almost EVERYONE disagreed with the official judges right?

The official judge score cards read 115-113x2 and 114-114. Canelo fanboys like you claim Canelo dominated GGG but those scores say otherwise dont they?

Compare that to EVERY SINGLE POLL ON THE INTERNET and the press score cards.

How many score cards do you think

A-SIDE Canelo
                    The most popular boxer on the planet
                    The Cash cow himself
                    Fighting on his home turf

Got?

34 for GGG
                    2 Canelo
                    15 Draw

He got TWO.

Compare to the poll from this very forum you spoke SO highly of.

Fight 2
                    166 57.44% GGG
                    96 33.22% Canelo
                    27 9.34%Draw

Oh. If doesnt fit your agenda then they must be GGG fan boys. But how is that possible when Canelo is so much more popular. Such a bigger draw. The cash cow?

Oh. Canelo is just a victim. Everyone is mean to him for no reason.

"WITHOUT A DOUBT" Oh?
                    I mean, you could just be fat as hell

Comment

• Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

It's not like they hate him for no good reasons, Canelo brings all the hate on himself. You can't constantly be the only person in boxing with the power to make any fight you want, but always deny the fights the fans want, fail drug tests, do the 155lb bs for all those years, use catchweight and rehydration clauses, put stipulation after stipulation in the contract to put the opponent at a disadvantage, show off your money all the time, talk ****, never give opponents who arguably beat you any respect, never EVER give them rematches the way Floyd and Ward did, and expect not to be disliked. He brings it all on himself.
                      What rematches did you want to see??? Fuk I hope you ain't saying Lara??? Lara talked more sht then what he did in the ring. Sht I remember 1 round he tried superman'ing over Canelo.

They tried making Charlo fight. So who did Canelo "duck"??

Really ain't that many great boxer at 160-175.

Only one I give the best chance is Bieterbiev and he's fkn HUGE for a LHW...Dude used to fight at HW.

At the 2012 Olympics Bieterbiev edged out Michael Hunter but lost again by 13–17 to Usyk. Both of these were in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X