No announcement yet.

Which is Canelo's 'signature' win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
    The issue is (and will always be)....HATE! Point is, a lot of these guys were supposed to box Canelo's ears off, obliterate him, embarrass him, etc.- to no avail. As I mentioned earlier, thee guys people wanted to beat Canelo aren't doing anything now...their careers went south after fighting Canelo.

They just couldn't get the job done so the haters are mad! Golovkin's so frail and afraid to lose out on his mythical rubber match payday that he's damn near hiding nowadays! Austin Trout was never really that good and people had egg on their faces after he lost to Canelo- what has he done since?

Lara couldn't get it done but, does he ever step up when the competition gets harder? He was supposed to do a number on Canelo but he stunk up the joint and basically beat himself.

Y'all are funny. Lol
    IDK?? Trout held is own against both Charlo bros. In fact Jermall was booed because a lot of ppl felt Trout won that fight.

Jermell was down. On my cards until the 2 knockdowns he suffered. Take those away and it's a draw.

Lara has been feasting on some straight BUMS lately. In his defense Andrade ducked him. First said he would fight Lara then said HELL NO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

IDK?? Trout held is own against both Charlo bros. In fact Jermall was booed because a lot of ppl felt Trout won that fight.

Jermell was down. On my cards until the 2 knockdowns he suffered. Take those away and it's a draw.

Lara has been feasting on some straight BUMS lately. In his defense Andrade ducked him. First said he would fight Lara then said HELL NO!
      My man....Trout's my dude but it took him 3 long years to get back into title contention. He pretty much entered "gatekeeper" status after he lost to Canelo. And let's not forget....he never beat a top guy or contender after losing to Canelo, so that pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Lara's inability to adjust to step on the gas and dominate top guys is what held him back. He has a style that gives others fits, but it's not a style that meshes well with judges. Knowing that, he NEVER made those adjustments to totally dominate a fighter or stop them....he's always done just enough in a big fights then has the nerve to cry "robbery."

I still wouldn't mind seeing Lara vs Andrade nowadays....I keep forgetting Andrade is a Middleweight and not a Super MIddleweight. Lol

Comment

• I'd have to say GGG. It was his rival and the fight the entire world called for and it happened. Sure, it didn't go as we really wanted (knockdowns, maybe a KO), though it still is a win over his rival. Otherwise, I can't find a real signature win for him. I feel he weight bullied Cotto who was nearing the end of his career anyway. The big guys he's fought either had little pop or were also over the hill (Kovalev). Not to mention, they just weren't career defining fights. Heck, I'm not even sure GGG is when you look at age. GGG was already a lot older in comparison to Canelo. For me, you need 2 guys in their primes, both with the hunger to kill each other, neither man wants to back down, and they put each through pure hell. That is career defining to me.

You can remove the part of putting each other through hell if the other guy is really that good and just dominates, but you still need the other ingredients.

Comment

• - - Draw and win vs GGG pretty much doused GGG mojo. Been a slow circle of the drain ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            I'd have to say GGG. It was his rival and the fight the entire world called for and it happened. Sure, it didn't go as we really wanted (knockdowns, maybe a KO), though it still is a win over his rival. Otherwise, I can't find a real signature win for him. I feel he weight bullied Cotto who was nearing the end of his career anyway. The big guys he's fought either had little pop or were also over the hill (Kovalev). Not to mention, they just weren't career defining fights. Heck, I'm not even sure GGG is when you look at age. GGG was already a lot older in comparison to Canelo. For me, you need 2 guys in their primes, both with the hunger to kill each other, neither man wants to back down, and they put each through pure hell. That is career defining to me.

You can remove the part of putting each other through hell if the other guy is really that good and just dominates, but you still need the other ingredients.
            That's the problem they were never gonna be BOTH in their primes. Too wide of an age gap.

Cotto was a CW so that helped Cotto a lil more who was also ranked P4P #9 at the time.

But yeah I agree he needs a career defining fight.

Maybe that will be Biterbiev or Benavidez.

Who knows maybe even Cherlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

My man....Trout's my dude but it took him 3 long years to get back into title contention. He pretty much entered "gatekeeper" status after he lost to Canelo. And let's not forget....he never beat a top guy or contender after losing to Canelo, so that pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Lara's inability to adjust to step on the gas and dominate top guys is what held him back. He has a style that gives others fits, but it's not a style that meshes well with judges. Knowing that, he NEVER made those adjustments to totally dominate a fighter or stop them....he's always done just enough in a big fights then has the nerve to cry "robbery."

I still wouldn't mind seeing Lara vs Andrade nowadays....I keep forgetting Andrade is a Middleweight and not a Super MIddleweight. Lol
              Trout is just a gate keeper now but dude got some STONES!!!

Fought Cotto, Canelo, Lara, Charlo, Hurd, Charlo.

Even Gausha is a tough out.

Gave all them a tough fight except maybe Lara??

And Lara vs. Trout was just like Canelo SUPER BORING! Only fight I've ever seen that he wasn't boo'd in was Hurd. And Cotto.
              MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

• Alvarez has some good wins but nothing so far that I would call a "signature" or legacy type win.
                Sometimes the logistics of finding an elite fighter, who is in his prime (more or less) as an opponent, is just not there for you.
                Even Floyd, at 50-0, lacks a signature win at WW. Sure he beat Manny but most fans know that fight happened years too late.
                It nice to have a signature win, but a fighter can be considered great without one.

Comment

Working...
                X