No announcement yet.

Which is Canelo's 'signature' win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
    The Austin Trout fight did it for me! I just knew Canelo was some type of hype job but one thing I can say is that he remained consistent throughout the years and it's kinda hard to hate on a guy like that. Trout was supposed to go out there and box Canelo's ears off and embarrass him...it didn't quite go that way though Trout put on a good show himself.

Though the Floyd fight followed and Canelo lost, he made a great case for himself before that fight and thereafter.
    Trouth outboxed Cotto pretty bad.

Thats was a good fight.

Canelo was.green, this version of Canelo, canelo now knows how to cut the ring propperly. He is a Master cutting the ring, right.now.

Comment

• Signature wins of:

Crawford: old Porter.

Inoue: an old Donaire.

Golovkin: Jacobs

Lomachenko: Gary Russell JR.

Lol

Comment

• Maybe I said this in thread or in another long ago.

Canelo still doesn't have a signature win. His most memorable fight is the loss to Floyd. That's the only fight that stands out of his resume. One of the seals of a signature win/fight is beating an elite. Canelo hasn't beaten anyone elite. GGG wasn't elite at any point in his career, all hype.

What's GGG's signature win?
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-14-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Trouth outboxed Cotto pretty bad.

Thats was a good fight.

Canelo was.green, this version of Canelo, canelo now knows how to cut the ring propperly. He is a Master cutting the ring, right.now.

Explain Trout's loss and the decline thereafter. You know, that did happen, right? All of these guys "beat" Canelo but their careers faded rather quickly afterwards.
          Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Signature wins of:

Crawford: old Porter.

Inoue: an old Donaire.

Golovkin: Jacobs

Lomachenko: Gary Russell JR.

Lol
            Are those their career defining fights? They all look average.
            As for Loma, it looks like he hasn't done crap since.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-14-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

What You thinkg does not matter.

He won the second fight, thats a fact.
              Stop crying, the constant faux outrage is tiresome. You don't know Canelo and he doesn't know you even exist, you don't need to take every post about him personal.

There's posters in the thread that won't count that win as his signature win as they don't think he won, which is fine, but I still did as it's on his record.
              If it wasn't GGG, I'd probably go with Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

Explain Trout's loss and the decline thereafter. You know, that did happen, right? All of these guys "beat" Canelo but their careers faded rather quickly afterwards.
                That was Chávez did sometimes in his career.
                ​​​​​​
                after the second fight against Canelo, Golovkin looked like garbage.

Jacobs too. I think are the body shots and solid pinches, Canelo has a great technique, when he Lands, he Lands almost perfectly every punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

Stop crying, the constant faux outrage is tiresome. You don't know Canelo and he doesn't know you even exist, you don't need to take every post about him personal.

There's posters in the thread that won't count that win as his signature win as they don't think he won, which is fine, but I still did as it's on his record.
                  If it wasn't GGG, I'd probably go with Lara.
                  Like 80% of the posters in this forum hate Canelo, man, and, of fact, they don't know anything about boxing.

So, what You think, what I.think, it does.not matter.

It what it is, You need to understand that, Canelo won, period, all the people wished Golovkin destroying Canelo and in the second Fight Canelo.destroyed and hurted Golovkin so Bad, he face was destroyed, and his ribs too.
                  ​​​​​​
                  it's boxing, period....

Duran vs Leonard I was too close, at the same level of Canelo vs Golovkin, New York Times said Leonard won the first match, but it was not, Duran won, period... A very close fight but still a win.

Its like soccer, it does not matter anything, just the fair win, it does not matter if is close.

Comment

• Duran vs Leonard 1 was super close, yet he gets praised as it’s called one of boxing’s historic wins.

Every fighter that ever existed, even up until this last weekend has super close fights. They get the W and on to the next one.

Canelo has a close fight, and it’s hell to pay in this forum.

Comment

• None. He has quite a few "good" wins, none that I would call great wins. Several gifts that went his way as well.
                      JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X