Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Goes Through Hell To Decision Derevyanchenko in War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah, punching off the break, low blows, Derevyanchenko is just a dirty dude.

Comment

• This is one of those fights which prove that boxing is the most corrupted sport ever! Totall humiliation of GGG from Sergey, totall domination and showing class, exceptional skills and foot work, as a result GGG didn't know what to do and how to react to Derevyanchenko's work in the ring. Its not even close fight, it was domination from Derevyanchenko and to give a win to GGG is just a disgrace to all boxing community. Only because of DAZN billions contracts with GGG they could give this sht win to Genadiy. What a disgrace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
        Just as I expected about people disrespecting Porter and Derev... those people are BS.

You wrote it after 3rd round? Blind?

Derev won 12-th Rnd. GGG hold Derev for 2 minutes of that round while Derev wrestled and threw average body shots.

A-side got a nod but I like Derev. Close fight but Derev beat GGG to the punch. Chenko answered anything GGG threw but GGG didn't answer most of what Chenko threw.
        I ate crow. I scored the fight for SD but a lot of rounds were very close. This is why we need 15 round fights. Separate the men from the boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          Saturday October 5, 2019
          Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
          Commission/ New York State Athletic Commission
          Promoter: GGG Promotions - Gennady Golovkin, Matchroom Boxing - Eddie Hearn, DiBella Entertainment - Lou DiBella, GGG Promotions - Tom Loeffler
          Watch: DAZN Livestream

vacant IBF/vacant IBO WORLD
          MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLES

Gennady
          "GGG"
          Golovkin

Weight: middleweight
          Height: 5'10-1/2"
          Reach: 70"
          Stance: orthodox
          by way of
          Karaganda, Kazakhstan
          Record: 39W(35KO)-1L-1D

VS

Sergiy
          "The Technician"
          Derevyanchenko

Weight: middleweight
          Height: 5'9"
          Reach: 67-1/2"
          Stance: orthodox
          by way of
          Ukraine
          Record: 13W(10KO)-1L
          Can someone please get this Idec guy to fix his articles so that it's coherent. It's torture trying to read his description of the fight.

Comment

• Steve Rolls ruined Golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by mxtali View Post
              32 people picked GGG by KO. When are people going to stop picking knockouts every single big fight.
              Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              agreed

if they just pick kos for his bum opponents they would be safe, but no ko picks for genuine contenders please. They should be split decisions either way.
              Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
              Easy to say that kind of thing in retrospect. It isn't as simple as "Sergiy isn't total garbage, ergo why predict a KO" like you suggest. He isn't some defensive master craftsman like Canelo or even Jacobs; he's very much in your face to be hit and doesn't exhibit evidence of any kind of granite chin, so there's room for reasonable speculation that Golovkin could catch him with something huge and trigger the domino spill. That it didn't happen doesn't make it a preposterous prediction.
              I'm one of those 32 who predicted GGG by KO...

... I predicted this because I thought GGG would have risked anything in order to stop Derev rather early, because: 1) GGG is too old and slow to go toe-to-toe (for 12 rounds) with a good fighter from the same "school of boxing"; 2) GGG needed a statement win, business wise...

Golovkin should retire asap, but he will not -- simply because of the money involved...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                I'm one of those 32 who predicted GGG by KO...
                So was I, partially on account of these points in tandem with what I said about Sergiy. It's pretty presumptive to jump to the conclusion that anyone who favored Golovkin for a (late in my case) KO here simply makes that call for every big clash. I certainly didn't call Spence-Porter that way. I had Spence by close decision and ending up scoring that for Porter 7-5.

Comment

• I thought GGG would win easy, but I also bet on a draw and on Derevyanchenko by stoppage at the 11th round.

I was wrong in my initial idea, but to me the fight was a draw at the very least.

GGG can't get better from now on. The slide downwards has begun, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
                    So was I, partially on account of these points in tandem with what I said about Sergiy. It's pretty presumptive to jump to the conclusion that anyone who favored Golovkin for a (late in my case) KO here simply makes that call for every big clash. I certainly didn't call Spence-Porter that way. I had Spence by close decision and ending up scoring that for Porter 7-5.
                    ... I had Spence winning that fight, tbh...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... I had Spence winning that fight, tbh...
                      I thought there were enough razor thin rounds where I don't begrudge as much as about 7-5 for Spence, though 8+ is really pushing it for me. I had 'Chenko winning this more definitively than I had Porter, I'll put it that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X