Manny over Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    lol.broner easily knock down porter..
    AB didn't engage against GrandPac and barely threw any punches... And the Porter knockdown vs. AB is a flash knockdown...

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
      Im saying it right now!!! Spence couldn't handle Porters foot work. He got spint on the ropes whenever porter wanted.

How is Spence going to deal with Mannys foot work and angles. Spence has NO power to hurt Manny. Manny has power to hurt Spence and make think. Manny can keep the pace as long as it takes to get Spence out of there
      In Manny's prime, yes. But Manny will be 41 when and if they fight. In the Thurman fight Manny ran out of stamina in the 2nd half of the fight. In my opinion he got tired due to his age.

Manny would destroy Spence if he was in his prime or even near the end of his prime years.
      Last edited by jdp28tx; 10-02-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1110 View Post
        41-year-old Manny would be a major underdog. 31-year-old Manny would be a heavy favorite.
        This is why Spence is considered no1 ww. Or Crawford is no1 also.
        As they'd be favoured to beat pac, for as petty thing as that. It don't matter that Pac is far greater with better resume and legacy. They would be favourite as Pac past prime and there bigger and younger

But when you are considered the no1 like this way, you will be called overhyped. And spence and crawford are classed as overhyped stage.
        Similar to Floyd and manny. It didn't matter Pac had better resume and wins, Floyd was favoured to beat pac. So Floyd has also enjoyed being overhped through career.
        But then Pac going onto beat common opponents more destructive I think Pac became betting favourite or at least favourite in eyes of many, at certain point, even though smaller.
        And Floyd certainly being no1 pfp was deemed very controversial
        Last edited by hugh grant; 10-02-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Hope manny smashes this fraud, he only wants manny because of his age..scared to death of crawford..mentioning everyone but scared to even mention Bud...spence=fraud

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Brook and Porter put their hands on Spence alot in their fights. Spence ain't Mayweather my man, he doesn't have the defense or smarts of that man. Manny would land on him but at his age he can't keep it up for 12 rounds so Spence probably beats him close decision.

In his prime, Manny would demolish that kid IMO.
            I just think many posters are over reacting in the moment. I am fine if you or anyone feels Manny would win. However, similar with Crawford, the refusal to fight suggests he and his team figure they will lose.

Should they fight, I welcome anyone willing to take Manny.

Comment

Even though Erroll Spence didn't look good and was in a hotly contested and highly entertaining bout Saturday night against Shawn Porter; In which I though he lost by the way.

I would still have to favor him to defeat the Pac man. Spence would be fighting on high octane. Manny would need a knockout in order to win this fight. Could he get it; Sure he can?
              Pac has the power to hurt just about anyone.

Would he get it probably not because the cost would be to great. He would have to eat a lot of punches and absorb a lot of punishment in order to do so.

Comment

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. This is a 50 to 50 fight or maybe 60 -40 Spence. Pac is a guy who is short but is very compact. He throws harder and faster with one shot than does Porter. Spence is the fleet footed slickster type that alot of fan bvoys think he is. He is a stalker in boxing terms. A power boxer. Has a good hard jab. However he can be turned and hit . Pac hits people and marks many of them up. Spence does have the power to hurt Pac even us Pac fans know this. The advantages for both are obvious. Size , strength, jab , and possibly stamina for Spence. Speed, hand and foot , quckness , angle s Pac. Oe punch power is a wash to me. Chins maybe Spence, Defense Pac is better. Inside fighting Spence, However Both are great body punchers. I still see the clottey fight as an example of how this fight could go. However Pac has slowed down some and Spence is not the killer everyone thought either.

Comment

Not the fleet footed. Sorry for the typo

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I just think many posters are over reacting in the moment. I am fine if you or anyone feels Manny would win. [B]However, similar with Crawford, the refusal to fight suggests he and his team figure they will lose.[/B]

How come when it comes to Pac you jump the gun and so judgemental.

So because Pac hasn't eagerly agreed to fight spence and crawford already you've concluded Pac thinks he'd lose? Yet they've not fought each other yet, but Pac has at least beat the other main player in thurman already and got win under belt? Floyd certainly refused to to entertain idea of fighting them
                    Did Floyd think he'd lose at 154 to nel o and lose to Ggg at 160? Floyd refused to fight
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 10-02-2019, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

How come when it comes to Pac you jump the gun and so judgemental.

So because Pac hasn't eagerly agreed to fight spence and crawford already you've concluded Pac thinks he'd lose? Yet they've not fought each other yet, but Pac has at least beat the other main player in thurman already and got win under belt? Floyd certainly refused to to entertain idea of fighting them
                      Did Floyd think he'd lose at 154 to nel o and lose to Ggg at 160? Floyd refused to fight
                      Yes. That is the reason I think he will not fight either of them. Yes, he fought Thurman because he felt he could beat him given how he looked after the over 2 year layoff.

Floyd retired. I don't know what Floyd has to do with Manny's decision not to fight Crawford or Spence. Floyd fought Canelo at a 152 for the same reasons Manny fought Cotto at 145.

Floyd didn't go to 160 because he is too small for 160. Same reason Manny never fought anyone at a full 154 lbs. WHat does this have to do with Manny not fighting Spence or Crawford?

Comment

Working...
                      X