No announcement yet.

Spence “I’ll Never Betray Al, sets us up for retirement..” explains PBC Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTER OF you View Post
    what happened to bringing big fights to free tv?
    These fights have been free on Fox in the last nine months:

Interim WBC World Middleweight Title
    Charlo vs Korobov

WBC World Super Welterweight Title
    Charlo vs Harrison

Super WBA World Welterweight Title
    Thurman vs Lopez

Super WBA World Featherweight Title
    Santa Cruz vs Rivera

WBC World Welterweight Title
    Porter vs Ugas

Garcia vs Granados

Super WBA World Super Welterweight Title
    IBF World Junior Middlweight Title
    Hurd vs Williams

Charlo vs Cota

IBF World Super Middleweight Title
    Plant vs Lee

Kownacki vs Arreola

WBA World Super Welterweight Title
    Lara vs Alvarez

Is anybody else putting bigger fights than that on free TV?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Let's not go there. Pedraza, the guy Loma went life and death with, and who turned him into the elephant man, would be the correct answer. Watching that fight, I thought Pedraza was the champ, not Loma.

With Davis, not a chance, although Pedraza was the actual undefeated IBF champ. (Screw the trinkets).
      pedraza is going to end up with 10 Ls on his resume

hes not somebody to mention

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Herrera View Post
        Damn gervonta is that you???...’Ol hoemotional headass!!!...
        I'm just a fan who wants to see my favorite boxer succeed. You, on the other hand, are a mentally diseased troll, sorry bro.

Your threads and contributions here suck. Find yourself.

Comment

If they are not utilizing their peak, yes.

Davis is in his prime and has a short cut to greatness. He lives next to Lomachenko. They are basically 1 and 2 in the division now.

Fighting cans won't prepare him for Loma.
          so davis is number 2 in a division he doesnt even fight in? or do we have to wait until he beats gamboa to crown him number 2? is he number 2 at 140 as well? or maybe only number 3?

Comment

Let's not go there. Pedraza, the guy Loma went life and death with, and who turned him into the elephant man, would be the correct answer. Watching that fight, I thought Pedraza was the champ, not Loma.

With Davis, not a chance, although Pedraza was the actual undefeated IBF champ. (Screw the trinkets).
            i want you to take one more step in your mental breakdown and come out and say pedraza was robbed against loma. please.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
              pedraza is going to end up with 10 Ls on his resume

hes not somebody to mention
              Floyd's hardest fight ever was against Immanuel Burton, a journeyman with 16 losses. One of my all time favorite fights to watch.

What's your point?
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 09-26-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i want you to take one more step in your mental breakdown and come out and say pedraza was robbed against loma. please.
                No. But that fight was really hard for Loma. Let's not live in denial. Linares was the easier one, even though Loma was put on his ass.

Comment

Floyd's hardest fight ever was against Immanuel Burton, a journeyman with 18 losses. One of my all time favorite fights to watch.

What's your point?
                  you are right. burton and pedraza are on the same level and thats tanks best win. dont you see...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfknredy View Post
                    To be fair...a lot of these guys come from backgrounds where they have very little idea of how to invest or even what investing is.

If Al is just helping them by being a pseudo financial adviser that can actually really benefit a lot of those guys.

I will say I have never really seen an Al Haymon fighter, past or present, bash him...he must be a pretty good dude and helping his fighters, otherwise we would have seen the other side of him by now.

But also I think that some of the cards/fights he puts on are pretty poor with his stable, but that criticism could be leveled at any promoter/group...they are all managing their guys carefully and sometimes that means avoiding the best fights...I am glad the guys at 147 are finally starting to mix it up though.
                    Vanes came out and complained strongly about his inactivity and then got bashed on here by the PBC fans. Comes to something when even promoters have fanbois who lack objectivity.

Yes, PBC is "looking after" fighter's money interests but the downside is there is a closed shop so we don't get Bud/Spence until after there's slippage and a lot of other fighters are only fighting once a year in their primes. Garcia-Garcia should be easy to make and would be compelling. They don't have to fight immediately but the could at least announce fights ahead of time.

Comment

No. But that fight was really hard for Loma. Let's not live in denial. Linares was the easier one, even though Loma was put on his ass.
                      oh darn it. well linares won more rounds than pedraza but most of the rounds were closer in loma-pedraza. not sure how that translates into loma going life and death. its like saying floyd went life adn death with canelo. floyd wasnt winning the rounds by much but you wouldnt say that unless you were deranged...

loma-pedraza was a 10-2 fight in which loma scored 2 knockdowns. why are you trying to portray that as a struggle? seems like the only reason is because tank fought pedraza. pedraza beat up tank in 2 of the rounds and landed far more clean power punches but thats domination according to you because he got a stoppage later in the fight.

oh wait i just got the new 135 pound rankings. tank is actually number 1 because he did better against pedraza
                      Last edited by daggum; 09-26-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X