Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya: Canelo Alvarez 'Very Close To Signing a Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBP and cownelo brilliantly found the way to get stain the fight against Kova, they always feel the need to have some type of advantage......

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
      I don't want anyone bashing me for this comment, but I want some serious thought. How in the world can we believe Canelo and team postponed the September date because there was a lack of "suitable opponents" when you had guys like GGG, Andrade, Smith, and others waiting in the wings. Could it be that Canelo is cycling off something and needed the extra time? It just doesn't make sense when you definitely had options to fight in September. The funny thing is, he'll end up fighting those fighters that at some point were not suitable opponents.
      You did read that DAZN disapproved Andrade and Charlo and Derevyanchenko right? And also that GGG walk out of the negotiations demanding to fight in MSG. So if you’re trying to pin this on Canelo as usual I say GTFOH you need to inform yourself more so that you don’t look ****** next time

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        All of this ''Kov is old and shot'' talk is timely AF
        Now it's timely, Kovalev is 36 with a drinking problem, been knocked out recently..Badly knocked out...shook up damn near in every fight by a body blow as of late and has horrible training habits. To say the man is not a shell of the champion he once was is just living in denial. I'd be against him if he faced any other champion at 175. He was a beast in his day but shhhtting living, not training, and age can't be beaten fam. You beat on a wall long enough it'll start showing cracks.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Now it's timely, Kovalev is 36 with a drinking problem, been knocked out recently..Badly knocked out...shook up damn near in every fight by a body blow as of late and has horrible training habits. To say the man is not a shell of the champion he once was is just living in denial. I'd be against him if he faced any other champion at 175. He was a beast in his day but shhhtting living, not training, and age can't be beaten fam. You beat on a wall long enough it'll start showing cracks.
          No one said he was too old in the rematch or vs Yarde. If Nelo wasn't fighting him, he'd be the runaway div favorite for as long as he was fighting.

Nelo ages people

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            No one said he was too old in the rematch or vs Yarde. (...)
            ... "no one said"?... no shit?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... "no one said"?... no shit?...
              No shlt

But now they do

Timely AF

Comment

Huh. Reading through all the comments, and as usual I feel very much in a minority of one. If it is Krusher, and several media outlets say it is, I am actually leaning Kovalev. I get he is not what he once was and that Alvarez has wicked body work that is the key to beating Kovalev. I am not "all in" or anything. But this is a better technical Kovalev in the ring in his past two fights. He took some HARD shots from Yarde and stayed upright and played the fight perfect.

In Kovalev's mind, this is his last real chance to erase some of the bad from the Ward losses. I think he will be focused, in shape, and smart. I think the reach advantage, the equal experience in big fights, and the fact that Alvarez does not have all that much better tools than Kovalev sets this up nicely for Sergey. Alvarez is a more complete fighter and will ensure he has the advantages he wants. But right now, I say Alvarez may get way more than he is bargaining for from a not quite washed up naturally bigger and stronger fighter.

Comment

Hoya:
                  I can assure you that the public will be happy with what we will announce

Duva:
                  no comment

it will be Kovalev

hopefully at 175

IF, at 175..... Canelo is a beast

Comment

Oscar back from rehab? Good to hear him again. He really need to stay clean and focus on his promotional company.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                      Huh. Reading through all the comments, and as usual I feel very much in a minority of one. If it is Krusher, and several media outlets say it is, I am actually leaning Kovalev. I get he is not what he once was and that Alvarez has wicked body work that is the key to beating Kovalev. I am not "all in" or anything. But this is a better technical Kovalev in the ring in his past two fights. He took some HARD shots from Yarde and stayed upright and played the fight perfect.

In Kovalev's mind, this is his last real chance to erase some of the bad from the Ward losses. I think he will be focused, in shape, and smart. I think the reach advantage, the equal experience in big fights, and the fact that Alvarez does not have all that much better tools than Kovalev sets this up nicely for Sergey. Alvarez is a more complete fighter and will ensure he has the advantages he wants. But right now, I say Alvarez may get way more than he is bargaining for from a not quite washed up naturally bigger and stronger fighter.
                      We share the same outlook. I do not understand why people view this as a cherry pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X