Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya: Canelo Alvarez 'Very Close To Signing a Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fun is there in boxing if we know canelo wins every time?

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
      Dazn are losing all kind of money with this clown... he’s going to have to fight ggg charlo or one of lhw champs just to recoup some of their money back
      Charlo is too busy fighting 154 pounders. Hogan

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Even the pro-Canelo media was reporting that DAZN was pushing hard for Canelo to fight Jacobs in may because Canelo vs Fielding made zero splash for them at all and they were losing money paying him that much for fights like that that didn't deliver subscribers.

I can almost guarantee that Canelo vs Kovalev will bring in more subscribers than Canelo vs Fielding and Canelo vs Jacobs combined. In other words, one Kovalev fight is worth more than two Canelo fights. Am I saying Kovalev is a bigger star than Canelo? No of course not. If Kovalev wasn't fighting Canelo or another interesting opponent, two of his fights would drive less subs than Canelo vs Fielding and Canelo vs Jacobs. The point that I am making though is, the quality of the fights matters just as much as the star power of the A-side.

Quality of the fights?
        Jacobs was pretty much the best at 160 other then Canelo! Jacobs in most boxing writers and experts had Jacobs winning by a round over GGG!
        So really, what are you trying to say? Jacobs is not good?
        GGG has a bigger fan base then Jacobs but Jacobs technically was the better challenge!
        Besides, Canelo beat both.
        And for you mentioning Fielding, that fight was not one of Canelo's contracted fights for Dazn!
        That actually had zero to do with the 365 million dollar contract!
        So study up.
        Canelo vs anybody makes money!
        Canelo vs Kovalev indeed makes more as that a great champion 2 weight classes up.
        This is not the weight classes Oscar, Manny or Floyd jumped up. Up in these weights the hits are much more serious then jumping 2 lower weight classes!
        Canelo is indeed the man and is truly
        To do things others did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
          Do you only watch unification fights? Must not watch much boxing then
          LOL, your right, sounds like a clown!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Even the pro-Canelo media was reporting that DAZN was pushing hard for Canelo to fight Jacobs in may because Canelo vs Fielding made zero splash for them at all and they were losing money paying him that much for fights like that that didn't deliver subscribers.

I can almost guarantee that Canelo vs Kovalev will bring in more subscribers than Canelo vs Fielding and Canelo vs Jacobs combined. In other words, one Kovalev fight is worth more than two Canelo fights. Am I saying Kovalev is a bigger star than Canelo? No of course not. If Kovalev wasn't fighting Canelo or another interesting opponent, two of his fights would drive less subs than Canelo vs Fielding and Canelo vs Jacobs. The point that I am making though is, the quality of the fights matters just as much as the star power of the A-side.
            Using Fielding doesn't make sense because DAZN was free for that fight.

Comment

I don't want anyone bashing me for this comment, but I want some serious thought. How in the world can we believe Canelo and team postponed the September date because there was a lack of "suitable opponents" when you had guys like GGG, Andrade, Smith, and others waiting in the wings. Could it be that Canelo is cycling off something and needed the extra time? It just doesn't make sense when you definitely had options to fight in September. The funny thing is, he'll end up fighting those fighters that at some point were not suitable opponents.

Comment

Golden Boy has truly been great for Canelo.

#highestpaidboxerever

Comment

''No time to prepare ''
                  ''He old ''
                  ''It was GGG's turn for fight Nelo (that's why he fought Rolls) ''

Comment

Artimus Gordon deserved better and he never cried but he didn't expect Canelo to avoid Adrade.
                    Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    ''No time to prepare ''
                    ''He old ''
                    ''It was GGG's turn for fight Nelo (that's why he fought Rolls) ''

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
                      Quality of the fights?
                      Jacobs was pretty much the best at 160 other then Canelo! Jacobs in most boxing writers and experts had Jacobs winning by a round over GGG!
                      So really, what are you trying to say? Jacobs is not good?
                      GGG has a bigger fan base then Jacobs but Jacobs technically was the better challenge!
                      Besides, Canelo beat both.
                      Most experts had GGG win both fights against Canelo.
                      And the fight against Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X