Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Survives Scare, Knocks Anthony Yarde Out in 11th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Lmao, DuckAdonis gave me the red negative rating for having the fight 4-4 after 8 rounds saying, "Yarde won two rounds biased dumba$$" ������.

Okay there buddy, don't get your panties in a knot. Plenty had Yarde winning 3-4 rounds. I was far from biased and gave my respect to both fighters.
    4-4 is pretty hard to understand, to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      4-4 is pretty hard to understand, to be honest.
      Not really. Rounds 7 and 8 were clear Yarde rounds and then I also gave him rounds 1 and 3. Again, plenty of others had it 4-4 after 8 or 5-3 after 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -So sayeth the deaf, dumb, and blind boxing expert...snickers...
        Yeah yeah yeah
        Snicker away you fughin loser

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          This dude has under 30 fughin fights in all of his career
          Pro and amateur , what exactly did he bring to the table
          I just don’t get it
          You comparing three notable champions to Anthony Yarde
          Sorry but in total hallucination mode right now
          And Bivol went 12 rounds with Joe Smith Pascal and Chilemba...I watched the Nail go a very unimpressive 12 rounds with Amar...Beterbiev got KD by Callum Johnson...etc etc

From what I saw from Yarde...he would be a formidable challenger for any of the top guys...if you disagree you have that right my friend.

I didn't know the Nail and Beterbiev were due to fight? That should go a long way to sorting out the division...glad those guys are finally fighting..can't really call that one at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            And Bivol went 12 rounds with Joe Smith Pascal and Chilemba...I watched the Nail go a very unimpressive 12 rounds with Amar...Beterbiev got KD by Callum Johnson...etc etc

From what I saw from Yarde...he would be a formidable challenger for any of the top guys...if you disagree you have that right my friend.

I didn't know the Nail and Beterbiev were due to fight? That should go a long way to sorting out the division...glad those guys are finally fighting..can't really call that one at all.
            Not being a smart azz but what exactly is your point
            Pascal and Chilemba are veterans , You can throw Smith any which way you want
            I totally disagree at this moment , Yarde really needs a real trainer and some real training
            Go listen to his trainers interview and I’m pretty sure you’ll change your mind
            I think Yarde has great potential but needs to start training boxing
            This bullchit of no sparring and minimal road work showed in last nights fight
            Also the only time he had success was going to the body which he abandoned quickly , no clue why but his corner never gave him that advice
            I really feel bad for Yarde being stuck with Tunde , he is brainwashed and needs to get the fugh away from him , honestly

Beterbiev gonna rock Gvozdyk’s world
            It’s Beterbiev time

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Canelo will only have to pose half the problems of Yarde, and have half the power, because he will only be facing half the version of Kovalev. The fight is rumored for November 2nd. That's 9 or 10 weeks from now. Kovalev just had an extended 11 round war with a cruiserweight huge puncher, someone who looked like a Beterbiev type puncher in there today, to my surprise. Someone who may have been enhanced with PEDs with the fight being in Russia, and how unnatural Yarde's body appeared to me and how his chin performed.

Canelo can fight a still recovering, damaged Kovalev. When Cormier fought Miocic 5 months after Miocic's fight with Ngannou, Cormier KO'd him with 1 punch. When they rematched after Miocic had a year off, Miocic took 100 big punches and didn't go down.

His chin was still damaged 5 months after a hard fight. Kovalev probably took more damage in this fight than Miocic did in that fight, and instead of 5 months, he's getting 2 months. This fight is a joke. The sport pays lip service to fighter safety but that's all it is. Canelo is allowed to delay fights and stall everyone's careers for zero reason, but delaying it a couple months so Kovalev doesn't put his life at 10 times more risk than normal, that's not something we're even supposed to talk about or consider. This sport is a joke. I'll hope for the best Kovalev, and for his safety, but I'll be expecting more hashtag boxing bull****.
              Great points/post...especially about Stipe and Cormier and Ngannou...think you have a point there.

I think Canelo is a great fighter and I give him a lot of respect...but yeah for them to face Kov I would imagine Canelo and his team will stack the deck in their favor...when you are the kingpin you get those breaks I guess...but yeah it does take away the acclaim you should receive if you put things like weight restrictions and catch weights on a fight imo

Comment

Not being a smart azz but what exactly is your point
                Pascal and Chilemba are veterans , You can throw Smith any which way you want
                I totally disagree at this moment , Yarde really needs a real trainer and some real training
                Go listen to his trainers interview and I’m pretty sure you’ll change your mind
                I think Yarde has great potential but needs to start training boxing
                This bullchit of no sparring and minimal road work showed in last nights fight
                Also the only time he had success was going to the body which he abandoned quickly , no clue why but his corner never gave him that advice
                I really feel bad for Yarde being stuck with Tunde , he is brainwashed and needs to get the fugh away from him , honestly

Beterbiev gonna rock Gvozdyk’s world
                It’s Beterbiev time
                I mean I'm not really heavily invested in it...but I guess I was trying to say that the top 3 at 175 besides Kov have shown some signs of mortality when they have been in there with less than elite fighters...Kov has been in there with a lot of good fighters.

I was impressed with the way Yarde was making Kov fight...he wasn't just getting walked down, I felt he was competing well and imo I was proven right by his success in the 8th round...you aren't often able to have success like that unless it is a pretty even fight, where one miss-step can turn the tables.

Coming into the fight I was agnostic on Yarde as he somewhat looked the part...but it was a big step up in class and I didn't know if he could box.

I thought he looked the part in there in a tough road fight against a great veteran fighter...his quickness and power would give anyone at 175 a hard fight...if he doesn't get a handle on his stamina, which may be an issue with his physique...he will never really be great though imo.

Comment

I mean I'm not really heavily invested in it...but I guess I was trying to say that the top 3 at 175 besides Kov have shown some signs of mortality when they have been in there with less than elite fighters...Kov has been in there with a lot of good fighters.

I was impressed with the way Yarde was making Kov fight...he wasn't just getting walked down, I felt he was competing well and imo I was proven right by his success in the 8th round...you aren't often able to have success like that unless it is a pretty even fight, where one miss-step can turn the tables.

Coming into the fight I was agnostic on Yarde as he somewhat looked the part...but it was a big step up in class and I didn't know if he could box.

I thought he looked the part in there in a tough road fight against a great veteran fighter...his quickness and power would give anyone at 175 a hard fight...if he doesn't get a handle on his stamina, which may be an issue with his physique...he will never really be great though imo.

I dig what your saying
                  And I can live with your opinion but he needs to get a real fughin trainer
                  Someone that will test his stamina heart and what not
                  I still believe that Kovi is the weakest link among the champions
                  And I still believe Canelo gets him out quite easily

Comment

I dig what your saying
                    And I can live with your opinion but he needs to get a real fughin trainer
                    Someone that will test his stamina heart and what not
                    I still believe that Kovi is the weakest link among the champions
                    And I still believe Canelo gets him out quite easily
                    Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens with the whole Kov/Canelo situation...and what happens with Yarde...some good storylines developing

Comment

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens with the whole Kov/Canelo situation...and what happens with Yarde...some good storylines developing

It’ll all begin when Beterbiev handles Gvozdyk
                      If Canelo wins against Kovi , I believe he will drop that belt to avoid the other champs
                      My thinking is he wants to just win a title in another division
                      Probably relocate to super middleweight

Comment

Working...
                      X