Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Survives Scare, Knocks Anthony Yarde Out in 11th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Yeah, and haters now say Yarde should retire and that he is a bum, because he lost one fight.

Some people are just crazy
    From one extreme to the other
    Some stating he’s the best thing since toast bread and some saying he should retire

Ffs the guy has 30 fights to his resume ( pro & amateur )
    If that’s the case , then that’s not saying much of Mr. Kovalev who was almost out of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      You can't throw body shots at a constantly moving target. Kovalev bounces out of range very well. That's why Ward couldnt get to Kovalev's body early either. When Kovalev is out of shape, he gasses in the 4th or 5th round, then starts trying to rest his legs, and he'll start giving away the body.

Rewatch the fight try to find where it would be safe for Yarde to go to the body the first 4 rounds. You can always do more but Im just saying there's a reason no one, including Ward and Alvarez, were able to just go body body body from round 1. It took until the mid rounds for Kovalev to become an easy target.
      True, I later responded to another post here quoting Ward saying that he realized in the 7th round of the 1st fight with Kovalev to fight more from the inside and go to the body. And like you stated, Ward probably picked up on the fact that Kovalev starts to gas after 4 or 5 rounds and doesn’t fight well from the inside. Ward made a comment during the Yarde fight that Russian boxers are taught to jab and throw the right hand from the outside so you have to be very careful going in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        Oh, totally agree, it's not just for Canelo. Broner would be another that springs to mind. Munguia getting his belt at 154 against was it Vargas is another one.

I guess I'm thinking that it would be useful when looking at the legacy of boxers. Maybe an asterisk when they jump up to challenge and beat a dubious champion but exclamation marks when they jump up to challenge and beat feared and respected champs - in that case 2 exclamation marks for Ward jumping up to Kovalev and 1/2 asterisk for Andy Ruiz beating AJ.
        I see your point. This business of having multiple champs per division cheapens the sport. I guess in somewhat the same way as inflation cheapens the value of money.

Comment

• Yarde impressed even with his loss. Only one can imagine if he had a proper amateur career.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Some people are just crazy
            From one extreme to the other
            Some stating he’s the best thing since toast bread and some saying he should retire

Ffs the guy has 30 fights to his resume ( pro & amateur )
            If that’s the case , then that’s not saying much of Mr. Kovalev who was almost out of it
            - -Ok, you too drunk to have critically watched the fight, we got it.

Kid and unproven trainer made a scrap for the middle two rounds, but otherwise broken down in a professional masterclass.

Hope they recover to compete as the aging Lions retire.

I suggest Perrier for your enhanced viewings of future high level fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -Ok, you too drunk to have critically watched the fight, we got it.

Kid and unproven trainer made a scrap for the middle two rounds, but otherwise broken down in a professional masterclass.

Hope they recover to compete as the aging Lions retire.

I suggest Perrier for your enhanced viewings of future high level fights.

What’s the fughin problem with what I said

Let’s hear this one

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Yarde "won" 3 rounds at most... and he was all in into the 7th and the 8th... Yarde fell short by some 10-15 seconds...

(and this is from a Kovalev "fan boy"...)
                Yes, I like Kovalev too. I really thought he was going to get dropped hard in the 8th. Yarde exhausted himself and was never in it from the end of the eighth, must be all those muscles burning energy.

Comment

• It was a great fantastic fight, crowd was electrifying. Kovalev schooled him. It was pretty impressive how he came back from that 8th round and took Yarde’s soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    What’s the fughin problem with what I said

Let’s hear this one
                    - -So sayeth the deaf, dumb, and blind boxing expert...snickers...

Comment

• Lmao, DuckAdonis gave me the red negative rating for having the fight 4-4 after 8 rounds saying, "Yarde won two rounds biased dumba$$" ������.

Okay there buddy, don't get your panties in a knot. Plenty had Yarde winning 3-4 rounds. I was far from biased and gave my respect to both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X