Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Confident 'Judges Will Do The Right Thing' in Wilder Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
    He literally had a draw against the top guy in the division, but he's not championship material?

Gypsy-Bum cant get the job done without controversy, Wladimir Klitschko was also a draw. Tyson is a glorified sparring partner at best.

Gypsy-Bum was hoping his fellow countryman crook Phil Edwards would gift him another victory like he got with Klitschko, NO.

Comment

I still don't believe Fury will rematch Wilder. Maybe that's the reason Fury is so vocal about it.

Comment

Re watched the fight Fury could have won if he wasn’t playing in the ring so much. He also threw a lot of pity pat and air punches. He fights like a fencer at times. Certain judges like certain skills inside the ring. Some like showboating, some don’t. Focus on boxing this time and not the antics.

Comment

Hopefully the ref get it right this time and we won't need the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashisclay123 View Post
            If Fury won 8 rounds, that would make the fight a draw. He loses a point for each round he was knocked down leaving him with 6 points. If Wilder won 4 rounds and got a extra point for each knock down that leaves him with 6 points. I don't see how people called it a robbery. Every judge doesn't see the fight the same, it was a close fight that ended up being a draw.
            That's not how any of this works.

Comment

Not fully convinced Fury will take this rematch. End of the day - this is a business. He has the formerly reliable Dan Rafael/ESPN parroting the corporate Lineal Champion line in every Fury tweet and story. A huge megaphone like ESPN & Top Rank is promoting virtual tune ups as actual heavyweight title fights. If it works, he may roll with that and feast on the “ranked #53 on Boxrec” types. Rematch with Wilder is 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Gypsy-Bum cant get the job done without controversy, Wladimir Klitschko was also a draw. Tyson is a glorified sparring partner at best.

Gypsy-Bum was hoping his fellow countryman crook Phil Edwards would gift him another victory like he got with Klitschko, NO.
                So you admit that Fury, they guy who isn't championship material, drew against the top guy in the division?

If a bum earns a draw, his opponent must be another bum.

Nicely done buddy, I hope you are not a fan of Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashisclay123 View Post
                  I did the math and you are 100 percent right. But with the fight being that close it's still not a robbery.
                  It's difficult to see Wilder winning 5 rounds though, which is what he needed to get the draw, after the 2 point deduction from Fury's score.

Even in the very close rounds when few clean punches were landed by either man, Fury was making Wilder miss widely with neat defensive moves. According to the judges guidelines, they should have given him the edge in those rounds.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 08-20-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

If (and it's a big "if") Fury does his homework in the gym and avoids gratuitous showboating - meaning he doesn't get caught by a monster punch for excess of confidence - this time he wins by six or seven points.

He might even knock Wilder out if he manages to bamboozle him for good.

(PS I'm NOT a supporter of either fighter)

Comment

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
                      So you admit that Fury, they guy who isn't championship material, drew against the top guy in the division?

If a bum earns a draw, his opponent must be another bum.

Nicely done buddy, I hope you are not a fan of Wilder.
                      Forget the official result. Fury was out cold for about 5 seconds in the last round.

He may have beaten the count, but Wilder still won by "unofficial KO"

Comment

Working...
                      X