Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Confident 'Judges Will Do The Right Thing' in Wilder Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury should have done the right thing and rematched Wilder right away instead of wasting time beating guys nobody ever heard of. Wilder might knock him out and then he won't have to worry about judges.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Fury should have done the right thing and rematched Wilder right away instead of wasting time beating guys nobody ever heard of. Wilder might knock him out and then he won't have to worry about judges.
      He fought Wilder on a PBC show before he was really ready for it and got robbed.

The draw voided the rematch clause. There was no reason at all for him to straight back for an immediate rematch on another PBC show for less money than he could get by signing with Arum first.

Comment

Gypsy Queen buying judges now? Oscar Delawhora style

Comment

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
          So you admit that Fury, they guy who isn't championship material, drew against the top guy in the division?

If a bum earns a draw, his opponent must be another bum.

Nicely done buddy, I hope you are not a fan of Wilder.
          Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          It's difficult to see Wilder winning 5 rounds though, which is what he needed to get the draw, after the 2 point deduction from Fury's score.

Even in the very close rounds when few clean punches were landed by either man, Fury was making Wilder miss widely with neat defensive moves. According to the judges guidelines, they should have given him the edge in those rounds.
          Like Kafkod said, Deontay knocked Tyson out. Wilder was robbed of a KO victory by Jack Reiss.

Comment

Whether you thought it was a draw, Fury got robbed, Wilder got robbed whatever, the fact remains:

Wilder went 12 rounds with a guy who hadnt fought in 2 years, abused his body with drugs & alcohol, gained a massive amount of weight it spent most of 3 camps just losing said weight. Don't even get me started on those two joke tuneups he had that people desperately try to cling to in order to say he wasn't inactive.

Wilder is all power nothing else. We knew that but Fury put it on full display. If Fury was able to pull off a performance like that against Wilder with all the things I mentioned above, one would have to wonder what a more in shape, more active more removed from his past Fury would do in a rematch.

I used to think Fury was a complete joke. Now I don't think anyone beats him. To beat him, Wilders gonna have to try to land that bomb 3x. Maybe Fury won't get up the 3rd time. That's like a hail Mary pass though I wouldn't bet on it

Comment

Both guys are elite. Best of this era. Unlike horizontal Joshua and the Matchroom Roid Crew. Hopefully they settle it in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                Whether you thought it was a draw, Fury got robbed, Wilder got robbed whatever, the fact remains:

Wilder went 12 rounds with a guy who hadnt fought in 2 years, abused his body with drugs & alcohol, gained a massive amount of weight it spent most of 3 camps just losing said weight. Don't even get me started on those two joke tuneups he had that people desperately try to cling to in order to say he wasn't inactive.

Wilder is all power nothing else. We knew that but Fury put it on full display. If Fury was able to pull off a performance like that against Wilder with all the things I mentioned above, one would have to wonder what a more in shape, more active more removed from his past Fury would do in a rematch.

I used to think Fury was a complete joke. Now I don't think anyone beats him. To beat him, Wilders gonna have to try to land that bomb 3x. Maybe Fury won't get up the 3rd time. That's like a hail Mary pass though I wouldn't bet on it
                1. It was Fury fault he was on the shelf for those years by popping dirty and then ducking a rematch.

2. Fury had 2 tune up fights prior to Wilder. It was on Fury to fight top level competition.

3. You don't become undefeated with Wilder's record with just being all power. He placed 3rd in the Olympics being ranked last place. If I understand correctly he wasn't knocking guys out at his younger age prior to becoming pro. His body and strength develop over time like most men.

4. Fury didn't put on some full display boxing clinic. The punch stats were close and majority of the time Wilder was the aggressor. What makes a defensive style fighter good or even great is he punishes you for the mistakes. Not do antics, show boating, and then reseting. Fury barely countered Wilder because of the fear of him getting hit.

5. Stop being amazed at stuff that dont pertain to actual boxing. If Vlad can go 2 years literally no fights and fight AJ, and we give AJ credit for the win. Then stop trying to downplay Wilder because you don't like him as a fighter. Simply give the boxer their just due respect.
                Last edited by TScott2254; 08-20-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

So this means that Fury does not expect to knock Wilder out in a rematch, but to box to a points win. That's okay, any victory is good. He can win, and he could also get knocked out.

Comment

fury was robbed of a decision plain and simple. the rematch fury will fight the same but i see Wilder pumping the jab more and setting up the shots better. wilder by ko.

Comment

All we normal Boxing fans ask is the best to fight the best and for judges and refs to do their jobs properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X