Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets settle it. Which win was more impressive?Floyd vs Canelo or Pacquiao vs Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many butt hurt Floyd fan girls in here who can't accept the truth. haha Hilarious!

It's like democrats can't accept the fact Trump won lolololol

The POLLS have it!

Comment

• Floyd fought a very inexperienced Canelo at a Catchweight.

Pacquiao fought an inactive yet vulnerable Thurman at full Welter limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Floyd fought a very inexperienced Canelo at a Catchweight.

Pacquiao fought an undefeated PRIME Thurman coming off a WIN at full Welter limit, at 10 years his senior. While being a full time politician.

Fixed it for ya bud.

Comment

• Canelo came to counter punch and box the master boxer and lost. He didn't impose his side.

Pac beat a good WW that was inactive for a long period of time and look shaky on his previous outing.

I say it is about even. I always gauge the win in how the loser's career went after the lost. Thurman has not fought again so I cannot gauge it accurately.

Comment

• I actually have no freaking idea. My gutshot reaction was mayweather, because look at canelo now? However manny has "the style that doesn't age well" and he's clearly aged freaking well.

There are so many contributing factors in this, i've listed a few to try and help me make a decision but it all depends on what weight you give each factor.

1) Thurman was coming off a career poor performance?
            2) Canelo was still very very inexperienced
            3) Thurman was 1 fight removed from career saving surgery
            4) MP was always plagued with PED rumours. What he did and his volume was a first for probably any record book. He's either a complete freak of nature or?
            5) It's hard to know just how much improvement Canelo has made since Mayweather because their common opponents were never within similar age ranges
            6) The MP fight was closer than it was reported (in my opinion at least)
            7) Mayweather weakened an already very young Canelo at a catchweight

I think Maywether...but i don't know really

Comment

• Could argue Manny and Pac caught Thurman and Canelo at the right times...Canelo a little green, Thurman a little faded/inactive...Canelo was also a little weight drained though and Thurman was on weight.

Floyd with probably a more decisive win, but Thurman was a more live dog in my opinion, based on opinions of who would win those fights going in certainly.

Impressive win for Floyd, but the weight and timing issue take a good bit away from it in my view...Thurman's inactivity and prior recent form take a bit away from that win for Manny, but at his age to come back and really take it to Thurman like that just impressed me more...after the Horn fight I thought he was finished really...if Thurman has a decent career ahead of him that win will look even better...if Thurman is done then it will look a bit worse, but still maybe a bit ahead of Floyd's...the weight draining stuff is just hard to really give full credit for.

Comment

• Thurman was in his prime and Manny beat him at 40.
                Thurman always gets wobbles in his fights but always survives it doesn’t mean he has a bad performance that’s typical Thurman.

Mannys win was greater, get over it folks...move on.
                Manny beat a prime Thurman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  There's no equal button. Both are awesome for different reasons. Floyd's win gets better and better and Manny's was when he was so old and is still yet to grow since it was so recent. Both were awesome wins knowing what we do now.
                  Wins don't grow. Floyd beat weakest version of Nelo fullstop. THeres no growth from that.
                  Pac took a bigger, fresher, young undefeated lions scalp, with 71 fights and 23 year career behind him whilst a senate, whilst being a former flyweight.

Nobody is going to defeat Thurman under those circumstances ever again. So nobodies win will be better than Pacs over thurmans.

Comment

• Floyd vs Canelo.

Leonard
                    Hagler
                    Hearns
                    Duran
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    Canelo <--- here in the boxing world and history.
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    (x40)
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    \
                    Judah
                    \
                    Thurman <-------- is here.

Pacquiao beating Thurman is a great accomplishment, in the way he beat him too.
                    But Floyd at 38, off the street, inactive and returned to the ring: completely out boxed The. Best. Active. Boxer. In. The. World.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      Thats bull****.
                      I remember that his fights against Pacquiao and maidana (forgot which one) had "??" As the weight for day of

Comment

Working...
                      X