Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Give In, WBC Must Guarantee Whyte His Shot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cool Scant View Post
    Idk why these brits Hearn and that gym sweeper Whyte thinks he’s special. It’s been 600 days and why refuses to participate in a final Eliminator as per WBC Rules and Regulations 3.7 $ 3.23. Dillian The Domestic Dosser Whyte also turned down an IBF final eliminator against Pulev. This bum Whyte obviously doesn’t want to fight for a title of any kind.
    There’s nothing more excruciating and painful than a yank using the word dosser. It really doesn’t hold a significant position in the English vocabulary, so please don’t make yourself look stupid by using it to try and emphasise your pointless bleating.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What? Ortiz was doing what Szpilka did. Big ****ing deal. We all know Wilder is **** and isn't a good boxer. Whyte has beaten 4 or 5 top 15 fighters. Ortiz has beaten 1. Ortiz is an hype job, Wilder fans love hyping him because Wilders own resume is garbage.
      IMO Jennings was better than anyone Whyte beat. He even went 12 with Klitz who admitted that was one of his hardest fights. Give me your top 3 wins and I’ll compare.

Comment

Shyte has refused several times to face a WBC-ordered opponent.

You can't just camp out at that #1 spot. He shouldn't be rewarded for doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          BS! Ortiz almost beat Wilder. Who the fuk as Whyte even came close to beating ranked that high???
          Ortiz rocked Wilder, Whyte rocked AJ when AJ had 3/4 belts.

Its crazy that Whyte fought AJ, agreed to fight Fury and Fury pulled out, and people think he is ducking Pulev. If Wilder fights Whyte before either of them lose I will take your 3/1 bet.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            WTF does AJ have to do with Whyte being MANDATORY?

Beside being totally irrelevant, Hearn did offered Wilder 120 million to fight AJ and Wilder said no...I noticed you forgot to mention that part.
            Hearn didn’t offer anything it was dazn who offered a 5 fight deal and Whyte is not a mandatory it was a voluntary fight and Hearn threw out the offer when I wilder was going be ringside for aj fight mr cheerleader I see you like leave out details also
            Last edited by SchoolTheseCats; 06-22-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yodpayak View Post

Its crazy that Whyte fought AJ, agreed to fight Fury and Fury pulled out, and people think he is ducking Pulev. If Wilder fights Whyte before either of them lose I will take your 3/1 bet.
              Aj had no belts when him and Whyte fought in fact they was both still prospects, Whyte always says he will fight someone when they/he has a fight already announced, once fights over he goes silent making excuses why he didn’t agree..... He held out fighting eliminators because he thought he could get a Joshua fight anytime he wanted and when had opportunity to fight Joshua again cried about the money

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                Your logic defeats the purpose of being #1...amiright?
                Being #1 doesn’t guarantee you a shot at champion when sanctioning belts have final eliminators to establish who is mandatory.... You do know that right? Just means you are the first option to take part in eliminator

Comment

Hearn created this problem with all of his and A.J's 🦆ing. Now his dicker got beat down he wants to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Yodpayak View Post

I’d like to understand the argument that Whyte did not duck Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Why would he need to fight an eliminator for the IBF? He was offered the Joshua fight anyway. Whyte has been chasing Wilder for 3 years, he wants the Wilder fight and Wilder has been ducking. He turned down his biggest ever pay day (at the time) to avoid Whyte.
                      Wilder asked for $7m for the fight. Hearn was only willing to offer $3m, later raised to $4m.

Wilder-Hearn do not see eye to eye...this being one of the reasons (AJ fight offers being another). That is why Wilder advised Whyte to sign up with Haymon for 2-3 fight deal (Whyte works with Hearn on a fight-to-fight deal) so that a fight can become easier to make.

Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
                      As much as I dislike Beetlejuice I have to admit he has been royally screwed by the WBC. He accepted the Ordered mandatory fight with Breazeale only for him to jump in with Wilder instead he also accepted the mandatory order against Fury only for Fury to chicken out.
                      Whyte should have fought Breazeale in 2018. Or fought Ortiz in Dec. 2018. He couldn't make deals with those guys and chose to fight prize fights instead. He would already have been the mandatory today.

Fury pulling out is quite understandable. Fury can fight Wilder anytime he likes...why go through Whyte? He'll only fight Whyte if he gets like 80-20 split or somewhere around that mark which obviously won't be the case for the eliminator. In fact, Whyte might have been given a higher share.

Same reason Whyte did not fight Pulev. It was a 75-25 split in favour of higher ranked Pulev. And given the $1.5m purse bid, that would have meant $0.375 for Whyte and $1.125 for Pulev. Whyte was already being offered $4-5m against Joshua as voluntary, so why bother with this peanuts fight? Same is the case with Fury who is being offered 50-50 against Wilder as a voluntary.

So, here is Whyte's problem - he isn't getting a voluntary shot against Wilder because he isn't willing to pay enough ($m at that time). He didn't get a mandatory position because he ain't willing to accept less money fighting eliminators. He basically wants to do prize fights and wants WBC to accept one of those as an eliminator. Only himself (or Eddie Hearn) are to be blamed for him not getting a title shot for this long.

Comment

Working...
                      X