Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Give In, WBC Must Guarantee Whyte His Shot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your logic defeats the purpose of being #1...amiright?
    Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
    Sounds like excuses if you want shot at champ you do whatever has to be done to get in proper position for fight not turn down fights that gets you in that position.... He had chance to take on breazeale as late replacement for mandatory crack at wilder and declined doesn’t matter what his reasons are

Comment

I'm starting to think Hearn really doesn't want that WBC shot for Whyte. He's purposely sabotaging it.

Comment

I do think that Whyte deserves a title shot but the whining is starting to become annoying. Wilder should give Whyte his shoot. That would also be a very credible win for him & fight in which i think he ko's Whyte quicker then Joshua. It would also be more interesting then an ortiz rematch which I don't wanna see again.

Comment

Ortiz was willing to fight whyte but his demand was it had to be on an undercard and demanded both fighters be paid less than 200k each. Unfortunately whyte could only offer a miserly ppv headline fight which would likely earn them both easy over a million.

More lowballs eh team ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Only in the mind of a Hearniac is Helinus, Browne, Parker and Chisora and Rivas better than Ortiz, Fury, Breazelle, Ortiz, Fury.

Especially since the WBC made Ortiz/Whyte a final eliminator and Whyte ran away to rematch Chisora (who he was losing to even with the one sided ref's assistance)

Not going to matter anyways, Rivas is going to beat Whyte.
            You missed Joshua out of Whyte's list there... and forgot that Ortiz is 40 years old and has never beaten anyone much. The only reason people know him is because he was hyped a lot before the first Wilder fight

Fury was retired for 2 years and had been a fat overweight drugs user and has never actually beaten anyone great unless you count an old and poor Wlad... or Chisora...

It's just as I said - Fury never fights anyone, Wilder doesn't either. Fury and Wilder have been around for ages. Compare records at the same point in their career - and Whyte destroys them both without question. Joshua's record does too.

My personal opinion is that Wilder is probably the top heavyweight - but he doesn't act like it. He should have fought Whyte by now if he really was that good.

Comment

Would like to see Whyte get his shot, he’s taken on consistently decent opposition and beaten some in style.

That being said, I think he’s an easy night for Fury (similar to Fury v Chisora) and Wilder starches him early. Styles make fights and I don’t see Whyte having the weapons to beat either of those two. He might be better off targeting the winner of Ruiz v Joshua rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Again. Breazeale was mandatory so how can they have a eliminator between Whyte and Ortiz?
                It was for the secondary mando position. Once breazeale and wilder got their fight out the way whoever won the fight outta whyte and ortiz became mando

Comment

When Breazeale's shot at a mandatory fell through they allowed him to fight Molina for it. Whyte's shot fell through shouldn't he be given the same treatment? At least he's actually ranked #1 which Breazeale was not.
                  I agree he should be given the same treatment. Whyte should be allowed to fight whoever is highest in the ratings that is willing to fight him and the winner should be the mandatory.

But is Rivas the highest rated that was willing to fight Whyte? Honest question. I don't know the answer.

Comment

Whyte's resume >>>>>>> Ortiz's resume. Not even debatable. Whyte is more proven.
                    BS! Ortiz almost beat Wilder. Who the fuk as Whyte even came close to beating ranked that high???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      BS! Ortiz almost beat Wilder. Who the fuk as Whyte even came close to beating ranked that high???
                      What? Ortiz was doing what Szpilka did. Big ****ing deal. We all know Wilder is **** and isn't a good boxer. Whyte has beaten 4 or 5 top 15 fighters. Ortiz has beaten 1. Ortiz is an hype job, Wilder fans love hyping him because Wilders own resume is garbage.

Comment

Working...
                      X