Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder has BANNED referee Jack Reiss from his fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a big fan of Jack Reiss but he did an exceptional job with the Wilder-Fury fight. 99% would have called the fight off after the devastating knockdown, but he rightfully gave Fury the full count and opportunity to fight on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Granath View Post
      22 seconds is a quick check? Okay then.
      Stop spouting nonsense. From the moment Fury stood up on his feet at nigh on the count of ten, the ref asked him if he was ok to continue, instructed him to walk a few steps to check his balance, then quickly wiped his gloves and the fight resumed. The entire check took no more than 9-10 seconds.

I don't know about you but I would much rather the ref take an extra few seconds to properly assess the fighter and make the correct decision rather than either waving the fight off prematurely or allowing an unstable boxer to continue and suffer an unnecessary knockout.

Reiss did an excellent job and should be commended for it. The only ones complaining are bitter Wilder fans looking for an excuse.

Comment

• Wilder blames everyone but himself. You don't dance around and clown off during a 10 count especially when the other guy gets up. I feel that if Wilder treated the 2nd knockdown as the same as the 1st he'd have knocked Fury down again.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          Wilder blames everyone but himself. You don't dance around and clown off during a 10 count especially when the other guy gets up. I feel that if Wilder treated the 2nd knockdown as the same as the 1st he'd have knocked Fury down again.
          He was nearly exhausted by the 12th and he used up what little energy he had left dancing around celebrating because he thought Fury was out for the count.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Because he didn't stop it in the 3rd?...
            because he gave a standing eight in a world title fight where they haven't been used in 20 years. Had nothing to do with if he should have stopped it, but he stepped in like he was going to waive it off and looked like he decided at that moment to change his mind.

Comment

• Worse were the Judges in that fight.

Judges robbed Fury from his title belt (even though he still is the legitimate LINEAL HW Champ)

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                How dare a referee actually give a full count! That reeks of favoritism.
                I know, next they’ll be giving extra recovery time between rounds....

Comment

• Athletic Commission appoints Refs and Judges so no he cannot block him however fighters do have input if I'm not mistaking

I think Jack Reiss is one of the best in the business and is very consistent as far as how he ref fights. Yeah he gives fighters chances to go out on their shield and allowing the fans to get their money's worth. Jack did nothing wrong, Wilder should be more frustrated with himself, did not use his jab enough to setup that Deadly Right Hand and did not go to the body enough on a guy who was Soft in the midsection

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                    “Jack Reiss will NEVER referee another one of my fights ever again, he gave Fury too much time and help!”

Comment from wilder just few days ago in interview he gave.

Is he allowed to do this?
                    Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    yea i am pretty sure boxers can deny people to ref their fights.. both camps have to agree on the refs
                    Marvin Hagler and a few other refused to let their fights be reffed by the ref from Arguello/Pryor 1.

For the opposite reason....

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      No he is not allowed to do that
                      you have no idea what you are talking about son... 😂

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      one thing we can say for sure is that Wilder is absolutely delusional. Reiss righfully was praised for his performance.
                      lol wut?

By your logic juice boy was robbed against ruiz
                      and Brassiere was robbed against wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X