Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see Ruiz lasting long as champ or will he become another Buster Douglas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will either get beat by Wilder or Fury, I am pretty sure Wilder beats him but Ruiz could make something happen in that fight with Wilder's flaws but I am pretty sure Fury is bigger and better so that would be a fight he couldn't win.

Other than that he has a good chance against anyone around, maybe Usyk could beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think A true champion asks himself the tough questions and seeks to get better so he is ready to beat all challengers.

If this was a close fight like a Castillo/Floyd then ok, I would agree. This was more like Dogboe/Navarette where the guy we all expected to lose didn't just win, but showed they had weapons in their arsenal that the champion couldn't handle.
      Again, disagree. AJ may well think the way you do, and that will do him more harm than good. Re-watch Rocky III to see what I'm talking about. This game is 90% mental according to every fighter and trainer that every talked about it.

Speaking of Rocky III, wouldn't it be something if Wlad flew out to England and agreed to train AJ for the rematch? Weird Rocky story lines in all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        He's a fat slob, he was already knackered in the 7th and AJ didn't throw that many punches.

Ruiz would gas and get stopped.
        Whats worse being a fat slob or getting your ass beat by 1?

1 thing a man (fat, skinny, or buff) will always remember and that's an ass whoopin, and Joshua got a whoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          He has better defense than Joyce. He just commits when he's on the attack, which is a great thing. He's too quick for Joyce. If they every fight, he's going to school him bad.
          He's fighting Jennings next and he's pretty quick so we'll have a better idea of how he gets on. Joyce is better than a lot of people think, trust me.

Comment

It does not matter how much title defenses you have.

It deppends the level of their rivals.

Valdez has like 6 and he has not a good win like Andy's win against Joshua.

Andy is better tan Douglas, has better career, skills and it was a better win.

Plus, Andy fight against Parker was too close.

So, he is in the top level

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Whats worse being a fat slob or getting your ass beat by 1?

1 thing a man (fat, skinny, or buff) will always remember and that's an ass whoopin, and Joshua got a whoopin.
              He did and it was a great performance, but I've never really rated AJ tbh, I think Ruiz beats him in a rematch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                He's fighting Jennings next and he's pretty quick so we'll have a better idea of how he gets on. Joyce is better than a lot of people think, trust me.
                Fair enough. We'll see how things shake out.

Comment

Ruiz won't last, even a current 43 year old retired Wladimir would handle him with ease. Problem is AJ never learned how to truly fight tall, and he's been getting away with beating shorter fighters like Parker and Povetkin because they gave him too much respect due to his power. He fights as a standard orthodox boxer with nothing exceptional about him but his combinations and punching power. Take away his power and any danger he possess is gone.

If he learned how to sharpen his jab and control the distance he could be a very dangerous fighter akin to Lennox Lewis due to his strength and variety of punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    It does not matter how much title defenses you have.

It deppends the level of their rivals.

Valdez has like 6 and he has not a good win like Andy's win against Joshua.

Andy is better tan Douglas, has better career, skills and it was a better win.

Plus, Andy fight against Parker was too close.

So, he is in the top level
                    Buster Douglas had awesome skills. He would have beaten most guys on that night. He put a 10 round protracted beat down on Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      He was down 5-1, at best 4-2. How much worse could it be for an 11-1 favorite?

AJ sure didn't show an ability to jab or to work off the jab in this fight. He doesn't have the tools to protect his chin and with each fight he has its got to be obvious to even the most nationalistic British fan that his career isn't sustainable this way.
                      Close first, clear 2nd and was doing great until he got caught in the third by being too eager. He'll do fine in a rematch. Funny how Wilder fans don't want him to rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X