Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz II A Done Deal, Eyed For September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see how this rematch makes any sense tbh? that's just me but this seems more a step backwards then forward?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Fight is in LA Staples Center early September
      Is that confirmed. Please say it is so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        First fight was good, lots of drama and big punches. Nice to see Wilder staying busy and on his oen terms.

People knocking this fight...meanwhile Joshua is fighting a Mexican street taco vendor who has a 55" reach. And AJ begged Ortiz to fight him. And Fury is fighting...who? Schultz? Swartz?
        Little harsh but yea

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Like I said they could've offered him the fight instead of Miller originally Ortiz was higher ranked and the better fighter
          He was offered a championship fight on less than 6 weeks notice and now he is fighting a champion on 3 months notice worked out for Ortiz in the end
          Ok but regardless, the logic is flawed.

Ortiz was offered the fight and he turned it down so to say Ortiz is a better opponent than Ruiz is illogical because it the opponent could have been Ortiz himself.

And has it worked out? Because I very much doubt he is making any where near 7 million to fight Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
            Oh you are a feisty lady. you should cool your heels though, men don't like it when you women get all angry like that. And no, I don't have stock in DAZN, but I wish I did, just like I wish I had stock in Netflix when it started. But unlike yourself, I don't hate an app just because it's not American, that's stupid. Especially when that app is giving you boxing at a way cheaper rate than PPV's like the upcoming Wilder Ortiz II farce. Anyway, again, have a nice day and try to be nice to boys OK? We don't have emotions like you women
            Clown why are you on a website calling guys ladies. Bro I am straight do what you do in private fun boy but we don’t need to know you lifestyle. Congrats if you are fresh out the pen. Just know the rules change out here.

But back to school, I will entertain the app question slow train. All y’all seem to be paying attention to is the starter cost. But temporary cost reduction to watch an inferior delivery system for a fight is not ideal.

More importantly the apps only create further divisions in boxing. One more reason why great fights don’t happen. Who’s app gets credit. Does anyone think we will ever see a top fight between an ESPN and a DAZN fighter?

There are no barriers to entry for apps and if profitable every promotor would have one with an additional cost to keep there fighters safe and profits in-house.

Sure the price is okay right now but it just doubled and they have to increase it again to be profitable. I may buy 2-3 PPVs in a year and most time the cost is split with others, I travel to the fight or watch it at a bar. So paying the annual cost right now is as much if not more than I spend on PPV. But we already have ESPN and Dazn with more entries it would destroy the sport.

So Dazn is not helpful. If all the boxers were on DAZN it may make sense but that will never happen because one apps success would just breed new apps with new costs.

So for those who want a unified sport where the best fight the best only PBC’s model makes sense.

But you do what you do, not hating. Just citing a truth you seem to be struggling with accepting. That truth is DAZN still has some major hurdles to clear. That link is will help you understand why. The education is free!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Rounds again View Post
              Would you prefer he fought AJ?
              Its a yes or no question.
              Yes

Characters

Comment

• Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                Whose fault is it? 42 fights and never unified once in 11 yrs. And won the fight from **** Stiverne, the worst heavyweight champion in history, lol. Paper champion.
                And how did Joshua win the championship? Beating an over the hill champion after getting dropped? 😂😂😂 #youdontunderstandthebusiness

Comment

• Another top 5 heavyweight challenger for Wilder; Stiverne I, Ortiz I, Fury, Ortiz II. Wilder's doing big things. Gotta respect his growth in this sport. Went from fighting in gymnasiums early in his career to now fighting on PPV again. Meanwhile Joshua's fighting on Showtime matinees and an app no one can pronounce.
                  Last edited by Pigeons; 05-29-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
                    Clown why are you on a website calling guys ladies. Bro I am straight do what you do in private fun boy but we don’t need to know you lifestyle. Congrats if you are fresh out the pen. Just know the rules change out here.

But back to school, I will entertain the app question slow train. All y’all seem to be paying attention to is the starter cost. But temporary cost reduction to watch an inferior delivery system for a fight is not ideal.

More importantly the apps only create further divisions in boxing. One more reason why great fights don’t happen. Who’s app gets credit. Does anyone think we will ever see a top fight between an ESPN and a DAZN fighter?

There are no barriers to entry for apps and if profitable every promotor would have one with an additional cost to keep there fighters safe and profits in-house.

Sure the price is okay right now but it just doubled and they have to increase it again to be profitable. I may buy 2-3 PPVs in a year and most time the cost is split with others, I travel to the fight or watch it at a bar. So paying the annual cost right now is as much if not more than I spend on PPV. But we already have ESPN and Dazn with more entries it would destroy the sport.

So Dazn is not helpful. If all the boxers were on DAZN it may make sense but that will never happen because one apps success would just breed new apps with new costs.

So for those who want a unified sport where the best fight the best only PBC’s model makes sense.

But you do what you do, not hating. Just citing a truth you seem to be struggling with accepting. That truth is DAZN still has some major hurdles to clear. That link is will help you understand why. The education is free!!!
                    Oh you are a man?!?!? My bad, I thought only women ignore questions and get emotional like you do. My apologizes. But that still makes you Wilder's b!tch though. And you still never answered any of the questions or points that I made. Your idol turned down 120 million to go and fight for less than 4 million. He turned down unification to fight a guy AJ beat years ago. He's now fighting an old man that he KOed last year. And you think this is all a GOOD thing? Only women think like that so...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Another top 5 heavyweight challenger for Wilder; Stiverne I, Ortiz I, Fury, Ortiz II. Wilder's doing big things. Gotta respect his growth in this sport. Went from fighting in gymnasiums early in his career to now fighting on PPV again. Meanwhile Joshua's fighting on Showtime matinees and an app no one can pronounce.
                      Meanwhile, Joshua's still doing bigger numbers than Wilder, has 3 of the 4 world titles and was just ducked by both Ortiz and Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X