Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder-Ortiz 2 is entirely pointless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is pointless. At the same time it's a 50/50 fight that can result in fireworks as we saw last time out.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Conflicted because, even though I think it's a really good fight, it does nothing for the division right now. Ortiz's best moment is almost finishing Wilder. So, what point is there for Wilder to fight him again? it does nothing for Deontay. Nothing for the division. Ortiz needs to do something to raise his value before there's any point in fighting Wilder again.
      I wouldn't mind so much if Ortiz fought and beat a real top 10 heavyweight and then got the rematch, at least we could say he is relevant and a top fighter in the division.

As it stands, he got stopped in his only big fight and has fought some bums since. His resume doesn't really suggest he is any better or worse than someone like Breazeale. He probably is, but let's see a good solid win first.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        I'm willing to wager on Wilder taking him out even earlier in a pointless money grab...
        - -Ain't pointless if it's about $$$.

Deyonce been earning peanuts for years now. Uncle Al wants to cash him out before he starts to stink.

Comment

Better not be PPV.

Comment

I have no interest in this fight. Ortiz is already 40. He'll be close to 41 if they fight again. And he's looked like crap last 2 fights. It will be exactly like Stiverne 2. He'll show up 30 lbs overweight with fat rolls talking about being in best condition of his life, get knocked out in 2, and sail away into retirement.

Comment

ortiz looked like he just won an eating contest. wilder assaulting morbidly obese people over and over. who is next? kownacki oh lord

Comment

Ortiz just doesn't have the stamina for 12 rounds with Wilder. He's too fat and old and that's not going to change.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  You don't think TF could lay those clowns out in a round if he wanted to? Of course he could, but that wasn't the purpose of those fights.
                  Lolx..... What was the purpose?

Comment

Another with no interest.

Wilder has moved on and Ortiz hasnt. If Ortiz had fought anyone remotely worthwhile in his last two then it might be different.

The reaction to Ortiz in the ring should tell you everything. No-one cared. Bad move by PBC who completely misread the room.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      No, it's because I actually watched both of the first fights with those guys. And see how he could improve on both of those performances
                      can he improve againts Fury?? a 33 years old with limited technique and gameplan. from what i see every time there are rematch between boxer and puncher, the boxer always have the upper hand because they adjust better.

Comment

Working...
                      X