No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is an Excellent Fighter... But Not The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    Loma fans don't ignore the loss to Salido - they just have it in its correct context.

Basically it means absolutely nothing about how good Loma is today.

Just like (and as I mentioned above) Canelo's loss to Mayweather means nothing today.

Anyone with a knowledge of boxing history can see this easily enough. While some great boxers never taste defeat, many others do - and go on to much, much bigger things.

When people try to mention the Salido fight as it relates to Loma today, it only really shows their agenda, and lack of boxing insight.

The Linares knockdown is more relevant, because it is much more recent. There is only one actual take away from that knock down though, and that is that Loma can get over-confident and then he can get tagged if he does get over-confident.

Over confidence is absolutely a flaw. One which Loma may be susceptible to since he is clearly the most skillful fighter on the planet. However, he seems to have learned his lesson. Even in the same fight he stopped messing around, got down to business, and won by stoppage despite having a major injury.

A flash knockdown, caused by overconfidence, doesn't do anything to reduce his skillset - not unless it seemed like he was prone to silliness. A pattern of brain-farts would be worrying. On the contrary, he seems to be a quick learner, and it would be surprising if he got caught the same way again.

Unless you really think it is likely that Loma will repeat that same mistake, then why would it be an issue? It's not like he has a huge technical flaw in his fighting which was exposed. Why would it be troubling at all?

I think most Loma fans are just realists. Salido is irrelevant, and the Linares knock-down was the result of disrespecting an opponent, not a technical deficit.

If I was to see Loma get tagged again through over-confidence, then I might begin to worry about it becoming an actual flaw in his fighting.

I'm happy to amend my original statement though. Loma would beat Canelo, in the P4P sense, without dropping a round, unless he somehow failed to learn from the Linares fight, left himself open through over-confidence again, and got tagged. In which case he would lose one round.
    That “disrespecting” excuse for getting dropped against Linares is bull****. Lomachencko got hit several times throughout the fight with the exact same punch he was dropped with.

As for “keeping the Salido loss in context.” You day its irrelevant because it was so long ago. That would make sense if y’all didn’t act like beating Gary Russell was the equivalent of beating Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong in a handicap match. I guess on planet Loma, in the three months between the Salido and Russell fights, it makes all the sense in the world that Loma turned into the GOAT. Must have been a helluva training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
      Keep living in your fanboy world if that's what works for you.Most experts disagree with you DEAL WITH THAT!!!See ya
      Experts like Michael Rosenthal?

Lol

Most of fighters and former champions said that Nelo won the rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        Truest and best articles out there...

Canelo has no convincing victories over any of the top fighters he has faced.

The "It's because he's facing Top competition", doesn't really hold when others are doing the same thing and making it look laughably easy.

top 5 P4P not no.1.
        agree 1000%

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          Experts like Michael Rosenthal?

Lol

Most of fighters and former champions said that Nelo won the rematch
          Oh bull shi te and you know it.Except ODLH and BHOP LMAO go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
            Loma fans don't ignore the loss to Salido - they just have it in its correct context.

Basically it means absolutely nothing about how good Loma is today.

Just like (and as I mentioned above) Canelo's loss to Mayweather means nothing today.

Anyone with a knowledge of boxing history can see this easily enough. While some great boxers never taste defeat, many others do - and go on to much, much bigger things.

When people try to mention the Salido fight as it relates to Loma today, it only really shows their agenda, and lack of boxing insight.

The Linares knockdown is more relevant, because it is much more recent. There is only one actual take away from that knock down though, and that is that Loma can get over-confident and then he can get tagged if he does get over-confident.

Over confidence is absolutely a flaw. One which Loma may be susceptible to since he is clearly the most skillful fighter on the planet. However, he seems to have learned his lesson. Even in the same fight he stopped messing around, got down to business, and won by stoppage despite having a major injury.

A flash knockdown, caused by overconfidence, doesn't do anything to reduce his skillset - not unless it seemed like he was prone to silliness. A pattern of brain-farts would be worrying. On the contrary, he seems to be a quick learner, and it would be surprising if he got caught the same way again.

Unless you really think it is likely that Loma will repeat that same mistake, then why would it be an issue? It's not like he has a huge technical flaw in his fighting which was exposed. Why would it be troubling at all?

I think most Loma fans are just realists. Salido is irrelevant, and the Linares knock-down was the result of disrespecting an opponent, not a technical deficit.

If I was to see Loma get tagged again through over-confidence, then I might begin to worry about it becoming an actual flaw in his fighting.

I'm happy to amend my original statement though. Loma would beat Canelo, in the P4P sense, without dropping a round, unless he somehow failed to learn from the Linares fight, left himself open through over-confidence again, and got tagged. In which case he would lose one round.

This guy is fu.cking ridículous

Made like 709 excuses in just one comment

Salido beat Lomachenko, period.

Canelo would do this too.

Best win of Loma is Russell Jr

Comment

Tyson
              Robert García
              Duran
              Mayweather family
              Martín Murray
              Chávez

Comment

ALL of these BOXERS AND TRAINERS have PUBLICLY STATED they thought Canelo won:

Mike Tyson, George Foreman, JCC Sr, Miguel Cotto, Sugar Ray Leonard, Jorge Arce, Willie Monroe, Caleb Truax, Robert Garcia, Austin Trout, K9 Bundrage, Andre Ward, Liam Smith, Amir Khan, Mikey Garcia, M A Barrera, Andy Lee, Martin Murray, Errol Spence, Sergio Mora, B Hopkins, Linares, Peter Quillin, Tony Bellew, Mayweather SR, Erik Morales, Julian Williams, Ryan Garcia, Claressa Shields, Paul Smith Jr, Jermell Charlo, Jermall Charlo, Anthony Fowler, David Coldwell, Jason quigley, Joe Cordina, Shakur Stevenson, Jeff Mayweather, Rolando Romero, Kevin Newman, Ladarius Miller, Dewey Cooper, Luis Tapia, Fernando Vargas, Chiquita Conzalez, Lou Del Valle, ADam Booth, Josh Kelly

Comment

Keep living in your fanboy world if that's what works for you.Most experts disagree with you DEAL WITH THAT!!!See ya
                  Most "experts" your referencing are casual biased fans who know jack sht about scoring boxing fairly & objectively. As Ward said best: "these media writers are biased & when they hate you your already down on the cards,so Canelo is already losing by 2 or 3 rds in medias eyes"

Rosenthals qoute from last weeks article:
                  " I was waiting to gift jacobs any rds if they were close,& was waiting to call robbery but Jacobs lost too clearly"(paraphrase but thats literally what he said almost word 4 word)

These so called experts you speak of have never boxed a day in their lives nor have they even bothered reading the 4 criteria through which judges score with,(they couldn't possibly if they regularly score rds even when they don't want to givem to Canelo(thats fanboi sht)

These writers are so inept that they cry robbery even though they think it was a 7-5 or 6-6 fight such as racist teddy(which are both complete bs cards for 2nd fight)

These writers like rosenthals have admitted to giving any close rds to canelos/fmj opponent.
                  Last edited by kushking; 05-11-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Sweet Jesus. What's up with the level of rabid hate when discussing who is a better boxer? Canelo needs more convincing victories than what he did versus GGG and Jacobs before being considered a clear-cut #1. You could argue he is #1 right now but it's not CLEAR. Rosenthal even says Canelo could makes this happen in the next couple of fights ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
                      This is one of the stupidest boxing articles ive ever read ,the first by Michael Rosenthal that I've actually read and it's total nonsense. The biggest name Terrence Crawford has fought was amir Khan , and Crawford already has close to 40 fights overall smh, lomachenko already lost to Orlando salido and got dropped by Jorge Linares , neither Crawford nor Canelo have ever been dropped in a fight
                      I disagreed with you. I think he has a strong point. By the way the best fighter Crawford fought, was Gamboa not khan. Gamboa was smallest of course, still he gave out as good as he took in. He even had him in real trouble at the end of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X