Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is an Excellent Fighter... But Not The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods can we ban this racist ass writer please? I'm sick of his crap.

Comment

• David Benavidez is the best Mexican-blooded fighter right now.

Comment

• This guy is an idiot. These media members are just fanboys or haters of certain fighters just like everyone else, in fact they have relationships with certain promoters and fighters so their opinion should mean even LESS.

Canelo's resume is FAR superior to loma or crawford's. There should be no excuse to believe that dominating guys you are massive favorites over is more impressive than beating TOP level guys in close fights.

Crawford has been in nothing but mismatches for about 3 years now, loma's best opponent was 2 weight divisions lower. In fact, they only have 2 elite wins between them (GRJ and Gamboa). Calling GRJ elite is kinda a stretch because he hasn't proved it yet but he passes the eye test.

Comment

• Hes top 10 but not the best. Nothing wrong with that. I'd have him 4-7.

It's all opinion though, so no need to cry. Just keep winning and fighting top 5 guys. The chips will fall where they should if you do that. He gets prop for fighting tough fights, no matter how close they are. Others wouldn't have had the benefit of the doubt like him.

Comment

• Writers like him are why boxing is at the bottom of the American sports list. Disrespecting how hard the sport is and how competitive it is at the top.

Comment

• Canelo definitely lost both GGG fights, I thought he legitimately beat Lara

Comment

• Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
                How dare you call him the Mexican redhead. His name in Saul Alvarez as a boxing writer you should know that.
                Exactly.

Honestly, this writer is sh.it

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Umm Manny Pacquiao... many feel he didn't win any of his fights with Marquez, lost to Morales needed 3 fights to prove he was better, needed 4 fights with Marquez, needed 3 fights with Bradley, I can go on and on. But back then Manny was ranked top in p4p despite losses despite questionable decisions and close fights and the argument was he is fighting the best so you have to appreciate what he is doing instead of other guys with flawless records but not fighting the same level of competition. Now that criteria to take away from Floyd fighter of the decade all a sudden means nothing? And the basis for man being top on P4p lists and winning fighter of the decade means nothing...when the writers hate you they make up shyt on the fly to discredit and take shine off your acheivements. Canelo should be number 1 and would be in any other sport but this crab in a barrel hating azzz media that don't hide their bias.

Great comment right here

Comment

• Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                    1. Salido lasted all 12 rounds with Loma.
                    2. Salido lost a belt on a scale just so he could come in 11 pounds heavier to have annadvantage.
                    3. Salido hit Loma more in the balls all fight then to his face (loma to slick)
                    4. One of of the judges thought Loma won.
                    5. Loma won last 3 of 12 rounds.

Not exactly “whooped ass” is it?
                    and Mayweather whooped Canelo’s azzz

Excuses...

Salido whooped his ass, won the fight, period

I'm a great fan of Siri but he is not in the level of Floyd

Canelo Lost with the best at 23 years old, not with Salido

Loma was in his prime

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Mods can we ban this racist ass writer please? I'm sick of his crap.
                      Michael Rosenthal has exposed himself as a fraud, potentially racist, absolutely hypocritical, at worst definitely bias against black and Mexican fighters.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=814657

Comment

Working...
                      X