Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is an Excellent Fighter... But Not The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the biggest, not the most talented, not the most athletic BUT what he does well LISTENS and he gets BETTER with every fight

Thought he did better cutting the ring off vs Jacobs, something that is knows to be one of his weaknesses

I give him #1 P4P right now because DESPITE the controversial wins...HE IS FIGHTING THE BEST! While ESPN is Praising Loma for beating on Crolla and Crawford for beating on Amir Khan? Canelo is fighting other CHAMPIONS so yeah he won't look as dominating as he did vs Fielding when he is fighting the very best his Division have to offer with GGG TWICE and Danny Jacobs and next is probably GGG again or Andrade to Unify or even moving up to 168 for Callum Smith another World Champion

SO while P4P, one of the key aspects is Skills...RESUME plays a roll as well and you can put Loma, Crawford, Usyk Resumes together and STILL is doesn't compare to Canelo's

Boxing Today have a serious issue with giving fighters Credit even when they deserve it, we're always looking for the negative even after a fighter has a good performance and get a big win. Or We're always looking ahead to what is next for him. He beats Jacobs then it becomes..."Well What About Andrade" then if he beats Andrade "Well What About GGG Again" if he beats GGG again "Well What About Jermall Charlo" if he beats all 3 "Well What About 168, Fight Callum Smith. Same way Mayweather and Pacquiao was treated, boxing fans are never satisfied so Canelo better strap himself in for a long ride

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Look at this i.d.i.o.t.

That means sh.it.

This is boxing, not quantum physics.

And this fool is incongruent with his own argument.

He said that Manny was better than Floyd .

When Manny had more L's, close fights, close wins, lost against Floyd, was K.Od 3 times.

Of fact, all what now he is crying about Nelo.

What's your opinión about this incongruent man?

Don't be idi.ot
      Well i disagree with him on Floyd but that don't mean everything he says is bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
        I can't believe you're making the exact same arguments Ive made for yrs about the racist way boxing writers cover boxing.

I have been called every name imaginable & told that I'm racist against:white/black/latino/uk etc.etc. at one time or another because of my applying the same criteria the entire time as how to rank fighters aka resume 1st & foremost then everything else. I've posted here over the yrs since 2013 & I've never seen a fighter so hated as canelo & FMJ. But Canelo seems to be even far more hated than any other & the clen scandal was a way to justify the hatred.
        You literally don't see this in any other sport but boxing where the media is blatant racist. Imagine the New England Patriots not being number 1 in power rankings after winning the Superbowl their number 1 instead they say they are really 3 best team because yeah they keep going to and winning super bowls against the best teams but they not blowing out teams when they win. Instead number 2 and 3 are better because they refuse to play the other top teams but they win by blow out. The Patriots should of not been so good not gone to that many super bowls so they could have more meaningless blow outs. WTF????

And this clown exposed himself when he for years ranked Manny Pacquiao above Floyd for the opposite reason he stated in this garbage article. Pacquiao with losses and draws and controversial wins that many feel he didn't win yet this writer had him over Floyd who undefeated with more dominate wins. So which is it? Mean while he had GGG number 1 P4p before he even fought Jacobs or anyone decent as his best win. canelo beat GGG and Jacobs and that's before you even list his other accomplishes but he needs to prove more to be number 1 funny how black and Latino people always need to prove more then anybody else for the same level of credit. Funny how that works.

But these racist and bias as boxing media robbed floyd of fighter of the decade so it should be no shock what they capable. They did this to Floyd his entire career when he retired I thought this was over i was wrong they just moved on and now canelo getting that treatment.

Comment

Typical clown can't stand getting by actual logic & evidence.
          Driving someone away with ignorance is not winning Good bye

Comment

You clown he was ranked low top 10 until he beat ggg

And im not even arguing where they should rank him,im using it to show you proof your full of sht.

Espn has him ranked #3 as well,are they shilling for him too?

No coincidence he hates Canelo because he blames him for losing his cushy job. Hes one more "them messicans took my jawb"
            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

Comment

• I’m finding it hilarious that a lot of the usual racists are all over this thread crying about an opinion piece from a guy who has Crawford #1 on a mythical p4p lists and claiming Pacquaio is white and Crawford is white. I’ve seen both live multiple times and can confirm Pacquaio is of Filipino heritage and Crawford is a black man. There’s no way either is white. I was always a big Pacquaio hater (my all-time favorite fighter is Marquez) but to see the racism towards him was putrid. I mean there’s people who said he was terrible and couldn’t fight and had an awful career. He’s an all-time great but he was washed up the moment Marquez KO’d him (after schooling him in 2011) he had been looking far better than most fighters until then and by far better than what Canelo is today. He had his rival (Marquez) who he couldn’t get a convincing win over the way Canelo had GGG, Lara etc; he looked far more dominant and better vs. Cotto despite it being far closer to Cotto prime and Cotto being much bigger than PAC much smaller than Canelo. Golovkin at 36 is never near the fighter Marquez or Barrera or Morales was too.

It’s funny how up in arms the racist portion of Canelo’s Hispanic fanbase and Floyd fanboys get over Canelo. Nobody is saying he’s a bad fighter but you racists are so bitter and immature you get on the offense and assume the worst of people if they don’t give in to your hero worship. You guys have crazy insecurities and agendas that are tiresome and have made this place by far the worst forum on the Internet. More than half of the threads are drying and agenda based you don’t see fans of Lomachenko or Crawford, the two best pound for pound having to force these opinions down throats because they are content.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 05-11-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• I would definitely take Canelo over Loma without question. I have a problem with a guy who only fought 14 times and actually lost 1 even being on the pound for pound list. To make matters worse, that loss was to Orlando Salido, who isn’t terrible but is certainly not an all time great. I will admit that Canelo was given a gift over Lara though.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
                  Well i disagree with him on Floyd but that don't mean everything he says is bs.
                  The problem is that he is using the same argument to say that Manny was better than Floyd and then he say the contrary to say Canelo is not the #1.

That say all about this sh.it writer.

Of fact, I have never seen a writer make an article to say that a fighter is not the #1.

I repeat.

This is boxing, not quantum physics

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Not the biggest, not the most talented, not the most athletic BUT what he does well LISTENS and he gets BETTER with every fight

Thought he did better cutting the ring off vs Jacobs, something that is knows to be one of his weaknesses

I give him #1 P4P right now because DESPITE the controversial wins...HE IS FIGHTING THE BEST! While ESPN is Praising Loma for beating on Crolla and Crawford for beating on Amir Khan? Canelo is fighting other CHAMPIONS so yeah he won't look as dominating as he did vs Fielding when he is fighting the very best his Division have to offer with GGG TWICE and Danny Jacobs and next is probably GGG again or Andrade to Unify or even moving up to 168 for Callum Smith another World Champion

SO while P4P, one of the key aspects is Skills...RESUME plays a roll as well and you can put Loma, Crawford, Usyk Resumes together and STILL is doesn't compare to Canelo's

Boxing Today have a serious issue with giving fighters Credit even when they deserve it, we're always looking for the negative even after a fighter has a good performance and get a big win. Or We're always looking ahead to what is next for him. He beats Jacobs then it becomes..."Well What About Andrade" then if he beats Andrade "Well What About GGG Again" if he beats GGG again "Well What About Jermall Charlo" if he beats all 3 "Well What About 168, Fight Callum Smith. Same way Mayweather and Pacquiao was treated, boxing fans are never satisfied so Canelo better strap himself in for a long ride
                    Man, Canelo has amazing skills and he is very very very strong.

He was 175 against Danny that walked in the ring near of 190 and Canelo did a very good job and took the best of Jacobs.

And he has a very high IQ boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      You literally don't see this in any other sport but boxing where the media is blatant racist. Imagine the New England Patriots not being number 1 in power rankings after winning the Superbowl their number 1 instead they say they are really 3 best team because yeah they keep going to and winning super bowls against the best teams but they not blowing out teams when they win. Instead number 2 and 3 are better because they refuse to play the other top teams but they win by blow out. The Patriots should of not been so good not gone to that many super bowls so they could have more meaningless blow outs. WTF????

And this clown exposed himself when he for years ranked Manny Pacquiao above Floyd for the opposite reason he stated in this garbage article. Pacquiao with losses and draws and controversial wins that many feel he didn't win yet this writer had him over Floyd who undefeated with more dominate wins. So which is it? Mean while he had GGG number 1 P4p before he even fought Jacobs or anyone decent as his best win. canelo beat GGG and Jacobs and that's before you even list his other accomplishes but he needs to prove more to be number 1 funny how black and Latino people always need to prove more then anybody else for the same level of credit. Funny how that works.

But these racist and bias as boxing media robbed floyd of fighter of the decade so it should be no shock what they capable. They did this to Floyd his entire career when he retired I thought this was over i was wrong they just moved on and now canelo getting that treatment.

They see Canelo as the new floyd. They hate fighters who prove them wrong and biased. They want who they want to be considered the best & when the chips fall differently they change the rules & move the goalposts in anger.

GGG used to be the greatest p4p#1 "because he has them 3 vacant belts" but now that Nelo has made his entire career look 2nd rate by already in 2 yrs being on verge of undisputed and ggg went back on every word hes ever said. So these biased writers throw tantrums in anger.

Haters hate success from those they hate,they will never give credit to those they hate because its like admitting they are inept.

Comment

Working...
                      X