Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember when Michael Rosenthal said this about ranking fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember when Michael Rosenthal said this about ranking fighters?

To quote the great Michael Rosenthal flip flopping bytch azzz himself. So Manny is ranked higher then Floyd despite losses and controversial wins and needing to fight fighters 3 and 4 times to separate himself and still many don't think he ever beat Marquez once. But because he was fighting the best that means more then other guys who were undefeated but not fighting the top guys. But now that Canelo is fighting and beats top elite guy after top guy now the fact that he's not blowing then out means he is not the best while other guys winning but doing it against no where near the same level of competition means they are better? Holy shyt this guy just making up double standards to knock down fighters he just doesn't like. Did it to Floyd for years now uses opposite standard to hate on Canelo. But let's him tell you

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=270734

Manny Pacquiao is indeed the “Greatest Fighter of the Decade” and no less than the “Bible of Boxing” has confirmed this.

The Ring Magazine has ranked Pacquiao as the greatest in 2000s, placing him among the best fighters in the past 10 decades including “Hammerin’” Henry Armstrong, “Sugar” Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali and “Sugar” Ray Leonard.

The “Greatest” list was compiled by Ring Magazine’s Michael Rosenthal, who ranked former top pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr. as a mere second placer.

“Sorry Floyd but you need to fight the best to be the best,” Rosenthal said in his accompanying comment.

Apart from being named as this decade’s greatest, Pacquiao already held Ring Magazine titles for featherweight and super featherweight divisions.

After beating British superstar Ricky Hatton on May 2, Pacquiao went home with the International Boxing Organization (IBO) title plus another Ring Magazine crown in the welterweight division.

He is also the first boxer to win the lineal championship ("the man who beat the man") in four different weight classes.

Before winning the IBO title, Pacquiao has won the World Boxing Council lightweight, WBC super featherweight, IBF super bantamweight, and WBC flyweight titles.

The ‘Greatest’ returns home

Pacquiao has finally arrived home in his native General Santos City after a day of celebration in Manila.

The People’s Champ went around General Santos to greet thousands of his supporters who lined up the streets despite the rains.

Pacquiao was accompanied by his mother Nanay Dionesia, who will be celebrating her birthday on Friday.

After touring around General Santos, the boxer went to his “second home” in Sarangani, where he is reportedly planning to run for congressman in 2010.

“Symbolic” title

Malacañang, meanwhile, clarified that the title “Envoy for Peace and Understanding” accorded to Pacquiao is merely symbolical.

Press Secretary Cerge Remonde said that the title does not mean that Pacquiao will be joining the government’s peace negotiating panel with the insurgents.

“Pacquiao will be more of a symbol. You can't expect him to conduct key negotiations. At most he is a rallying point for national unity,” said Remonde.

The Palace also distanced itself from Pacquiao’s political ambitions.

“The political plans of Manny Pacquiao are not sure. When he arrived I understand he mentioned a change of heart. We can't speak for him,” said Remonde.

We know bro. Rosenthal and the rest of the dork “writers” on this site love Lomachenko and Golovkin for only one reason and we know why.

Many of their P4P lists are 1. Lomachenko 2. Golovkin 3. Usyk

Hmmm, I wonder why those 3 guys are at the top of their lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
      We know bro. Rosenthal and the rest of the dork “writers” on this site love Lomachenko and Golovkin for only one reason and we know why.

If you don't think racism plays a factor here I don't I know what to tell you other then get your head out of the sand. It's not a coincidence that a black and mexican fighter has writers losing their minds like this and flip flopping and hating with all kinds of double standards used against them. While at the same time white fighters have these same writers acting as body guards defending and propping them up.

Comment

Michael is very stu.pid and incongruent

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          If you don't think racism plays a factor here I don't I know what to tell you other then get your head out of the sand. It's not a coincidence that a black and mexican fighter has writers losing their minds like this and flip flopping and hating with all kinds of double standards used against them. While at the same time white fighters have these same writers acting as body guards defending and propping them up.
          There is a lot of racist against black and mexican fighters

And a lot of white writers and fans that are biased depending the white or nationality

Thats the reason why a lot of people and press always talked good about Loma, Usyk and GGG.

And the bad comments on them are 0's.

GGG fought with a lot of bums.

And it does not care

Loma fought with a lot of bums and small guys

And it does not care

And their groupies are the same that always are talking sh.it about Canelo or black boxers

Comment

Maybe it's not necessarily racism. Perhaps Rosenthal is a Top Rank shill?
            Pacquiao was one of their fighters back then.

That could be a reason why he applies double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Maybe it's not necessarily racism. Perhaps Rosenthal is a Top Rank shill?
              Pacquiao was one of their fighters back then.

That could be a reason why he applies double standards.
              Paid shill or racist are the only plausible explainations for blatant double standards

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post

Also most have Crawford at #1 or 2 so that kinda blows your whole racist thing don't it???Also 3 guys you named are on EVERYONE PFP top 5 even Breadman for example who I think is black is he not?????????????

Comment

Anyone who spends so much time talking about & thinking about fantasy ass ATG or P4P sh^t I just wanna punch in the face. They are the dorks of the boxing world. I honestly couldn't care less about their opinions, but if its on some racial bs admittedly that makes them even more weirdo-ish among being huge fantasy dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Michael is very stu.pid and incongruent
                    He's either stupid, bias with an agenda or racist. It's one of those 3 take your pick fellas. But what he said and used to keep Floyd down and other above him for for years is now opposite of what he is saying today. So which is it does fighting the best matter more then undefeated but I your opinion not fighting the best guys? Hmmm

Because Pacquiao had draws, clear loses, knockout loses and controversial wins and many close fights. There are many that felt his draw and split decision against Marquez was bs and that he lost every fight with Marquez in addition to losing to Morales. He's had multiple rematches, multiple trilogies because of all these close fights while still being being ranked #1 P4P and still fighter of the decade over fighters with more dominate wins and no loses. So elite competition despite so many close fights mattered then. So what changed now?
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-11-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X