Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Mikey Garcia didn't blatantly duck Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... no excuses here...
    Good then we will just call it the duck that it is

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      No, saying he just did it for money is a weak excuse when I just told you he could have made pretty much the same money for a MUCH easier fight...That wasn't just according to him, but also Hearn.

So why can't it just be he thought he was up for the task and thought he would be able to out box Spence? This man talked about fighting Spence for over a year and really thought he was going to be able to beat him and become a five weight champion and a legend. Ended up not working out for him but it happens.
      The fact of the matter is that it was a cash grab with PPV upside plus the prospect of an even bigger money fight with PPV upside against Pac-man. The fact of the matter is by making this fight Mikey had to bulk up to the point where it is impossible for him to make 135 again thus killing forever the possibility of a fight with Lomachenko. The fact of the matter is that Errol Spence could have fought a much more meaningful welterweight opponent but instead chose to waste everyone's time fighting a comparative midget with a big name.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        The fact of the matter is that it was a cash grab with PPV upside plus the prospect of an even bigger money fight with PPV upside against Pac-man. The fact of the matter is by making this fight Mikey had to bulk up to the point where it is impossible for him to make 135 again thus killing forever the possibility of a fight with Lomachenko. The fact of the matter is that Errol Spence could have fought a much more meaningful welterweight opponent but instead chose to waste everyone's time fighting a comparative midget with a big name.
        The PPV did wonders for Spence and gave him by far his biggest pay day. I think he made the right decision, and that fight is probably what will lead to him getting other champions in his stable. I mean we are already seeing that with the Porter fight.

Mikey eyed Spence for a while and ended up realizing what he saw on the outside wasn't the same as it was on the inside. And if he wanted to make 135 again, I don't think it is impossible. Would have to drop to 140 first for a fight or two, but can happen. But seems like he wants to win the WW title badly and will be staying there. His best bet is to get the winner of Thurman/Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          This was a ***** move by Garcia. He moved up to 147 even though his own fans wanted him to stay at 135 to fight Lomachenko. Then this fool saw Lomachenko call him out in his hometown and just a couple weeks later he gives up his belt and ducks again! When will people realize this dude wants no part of Loma.
          Oh, lets see. Whats scarier. A man who out weighs me by more than 30 pounds naturally who knocks people out or a guy who im bigger than and doesnt hit near as hard as Spence. This is a tuff one.
          Garcia is guilty of being overly confident and going for more money. He also proved hes a tuff sob. Hes really too big for loma now. If Loma wants to go up im sure Garcia would fight him.
          Garcia is going to stay at welter. Even though he doesnt belong there. You know why?
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
          Actually was a smart business move but not legacy move.

Comment

Good then we will just call it the duck that it is
            ... a duck is a duck...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... a duck is a duck...
              Its actually GREED.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Mikey fought a bigger, stronger & better fighter so you can't spin it how you like it. Tell l0m0 to tell bob to do his job that he hired him for.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

NOT do this ^
                You seriously need to get check out for your own stupidity. Do you really think I'm so dumb that I wouldnt know that that article is outdated? And damn dude. Did you even read the headline?

"With a Mikey Garcia [fight], it becomes like the second coming of Mayweather-Pacquiao," the 86-year-old Arum admitted.

"The negotiations will go on - I may be 90-years-old by the time negotiations finish. I'm tired of that. Whoever's the best available, whichever makes the most sense, that’s what we're gonna go after.

"If [Garcia] wants to fight, let him call me and I'll give him a number. If he doesn't like the number - f*** it - I ain't negotiating! It's because of the way he negotiates. If he's loyal to Showtime and they've been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime - just don't bother me."

Now is any of what Bob said a lie? If Mikey wanted the fight he could have called him. But honestly. How many times had Mikey ever said he wanted to fight Lomachenko?

I never said be ducked Linares, dude you cant even ducking read, but for a guy who claims to care so much about legacy he values money a lot more than opposition. Dude himself said he fought Lipinets because he got more money.

And oh, you wanna give a guy props for fighting a complete mismatch only an idiot would believe he could win? Lmfao.

Try harder

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  The PPV did wonders for Spence and gave him by far his biggest pay day. I think he made the right decision, and that fight is probably what will lead to him getting other champions in his stable. I mean we are already seeing that with the Porter fight.
                  He would have gotten the porter fight anyway. He is the clear king of the division on the PBC side. Garcia was easy money for Spence but an utter waste of time for everyone else.
                  Mikey eyed Spence for a while and ended up realizing what he saw on the outside wasn't the same as it was on the inside.
                  And it's clear he doesn't want to fight lomachenko.

His best bet is to get the winner of Thurman/Pacquiao.
                  Another cash out joke of a fight that wastes everyone's time. Even worse than the Spence fight after how he was dominated by Spence

Comment

He would have gotten the porter fight anyway. He is the clear king of the division on the PBC side. Garcia was easy money for Spence but an utter waste of time for everyone else.

And it's clear he doesn't want to fight lomachenko.

Another cash out joke of a fight that wastes everyone's time. Even worse than the Spence fight after how he was dominated by Spence
                    He wouldn't have gotten Porter in March, that's not true. He called Porter out after the Garcia fight.

Mikey vs Pacquiao or Thurman wouldn't be a joke of a fight. That's dumb to think any of the WWs would do to him what Spence did to him.

Compare it to JMM who got dominated in a similar way to Mayweather and then compare how he held up against other WWs he faced. As Mikey gets more accustomed to the weight, the better he will be.

Comment

• Fighting a guy two weight classes higher for more money = duck.

Only on NSB. Christ.

Comment

Working...
                      X