Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Mikey Garcia didn't blatantly duck Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
    it's a duck however you wanna look at it. mikey had no reason to jump up to 147 to fight spence. mikey had every reason to fight loma but he chooses spence because a loss to spence looks better than a loss to loma. it's not a duck like mikey is afraid of loma, but it's a duck because the risk of losing to loma is far worst than losing to spence.
    Mikey has no choice but to NOT waste time & get fights made.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      You've Failed. 404 Error!
      Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        who gives a ****. Spence was the wrong fight for everyone involved. A shortsighted money grab that only meant anything if Garcia did the impossible. But the fight went exactly as expected because Spence was not just the bigger fighter he was the better fighter.
        Who cares? Well, you said he basically did it for money when I'm telling you he could have made around the same money against a much easier opponent on DAZN. So that kills that myth.

Mikey ended up getting dominated, but he obviously thought he could pull it off by out smarting Spence. It didn't happen. Oh well, but no need to make up weak reasons for why he took the fight.

Comment

He didn't take any more of a risk than anyone who makes a living from fighting does. The Spence fight was not a risky fight. He wins then he gets big money fights against Pac-man, Thurman, Garcia etc. If he loses the only thing that goes away is his perfect record.

People need to stop pretending it was a risky choice and recognize it as the highly rewarding business move it was.
          When ever your life is on the line especially against a bigger, stronger & better fighter its ALWAYS a risk.

Comment

Bull*****. It was a duck. Just because he fought Spence doesn't change the fact that he ducked Loma. The Spence fight was a no lose situation. He wins or puts up a good fight in losing he is still in consideration for big fights against Pac-man, Thurman or Garcia. He loses and gets dominated people will say he lost to a bigger man. He loses to Lomachenko and all talk about Garcia being a p4p guy goes out the window along with big paydays.
            This is exactly what I have been saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              YES. This is the truth. As a Garcia fan I have no problem admitting it but a lot of people will act wilfully ignorant.

“How is it ducking when he took on the bigger challenge”

He’s basically ducking expectation. Everyone expected him to lose against Spence. He went into that fight looking for a participation medal “oh at least he stepped up and fought Spence and he lasted 12 rounds” he’s not getting that from me at all.

If he was to fight loma he would’ve been expected to win that’s the reason he went in a different direction. Nothing to do with arum. I honestly think arum would have no problem putting loma in with Mikey because he thinks loma will beat him.
              So l0m0 should meet Mikey at 140 PERIOD. Now tell THAT to bob....LOL

Comment

• I guess it's because he took on a much more dangerous opponent. But he wasn't really daring to be great as much as he was looking for a career pay day.

Also the fight can still happen if Garcia can still make 135.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Link doesn't work, bruh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                    This is exactly what I have been saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I guess it's because he took on a much more dangerous opponent. But he wasn't really daring to be great as much as he was looking for a career pay day.

Also the fight can still happen if Garcia can still make 135.
                      He can't. They should meet in the middle at 140. More for Mikey to lose (7 pounds to lose) & l0m0 from 135 (5 pounds can gain) comes in over 140 in fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X