No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    I understand, i don't pay for a lot of PPV's.

But the original story doesn't make a lot of sense. The guy asked him where it's available to watch and surely knows Canelo always (used to) fight on PPV. Therefore i can't see why his eyes would glaze over about paying a smaller amount than usual.

If the guy knew he could or would watch it by streaming illegally or whatever, he wouldn't bother to ask where it's available to watch.

But the original story never happened.
    DAZN by FAR the easiest ones to stream!!! ESPN+ SUKS!

TV
    Watch on your smart TVs
    and connected devices (Samsung Smart TV, ROKU, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV/Stick, Android TV, LG TV, VIZIO SmartCast TV, Chromecast & more)

MOBILE & TABLET
    Download our app for Android and
    iOS

COMPUTER
    Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer and Opera
    Game Consoles
    GAME CONSOLES
    Xbox One S / X, PS4 & more.

You can watch it anywhere with wifi

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Nobody breaks down the rounds or say how the other fighter won the round. Nobody does that because they’re content with general fads for what others say.
      1st thing I ask is how did you score the rounds! I don't like total scores because a lot don't asthmatically add up unless they did some 10-10 rounds or 9-9???

And when som GGG fans came out saying no WAY Canelo won more than 2 rounds??? You know what thats all about... Dougie Fisch said good sht on this today.

As I type this, I realize that there will probably always be controversy with Canelo because A) he does the get the benefit of the doubt in close rounds (and there’s often that one official judge bends WAY over backwards for him), and B) he’s got a dedicated legion of haters that will give his opponent’s more credit – round by round – than they deserve; so if the Mexican star legitimately wins a close/competitive fight by scores of 115-113 or 116-112, there’s going to be an outcry from biased hardcore fans and disgruntled boxing insiders that will claim Jacobs won by 115-113 margin or that the bout should have been a draw.

So, basically, the boxing world wants the best to fight he best, but we can’t tolerate a close decision after a hotly contested fight if one of the combatants is a star/media darling like Canelo. It is what it is.
      Last edited by Shadoww702; 05-03-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

DAZN - is one of the worst names you can come up for a business. Unpronounceable and pronounced very different from what rules of conventional reading would dictate, apparently meaningless and has no flow or at least an intrigue or a cool factor. Their marketing either overthought this or was too lazy to come up with something good. Change your name, do the re-branding at this early stage before it costs you $200m.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          1st think I ask is how did you score the rounds! I don't like total scores because a lot don't mathmaticall add up unless they did some 10-10 rounds or 9-9???
          Yeah. We always talk about this. Judges have the luxury of experience to dictate swing rounds over a casual fanboy. Judges SEE so much TECHNICAL action and standards that it isn't caught by casuals or fanboys. It's like Mayweather Sr. going TECHNICAL that Oscar may have had more attempts, output, on the points system which is why it would favor Oscar. Floyd Jr. cried jealously from his dad even thought his dad acknowledged that his son won.

Nevertheless, most casuals don't know the nature of swing round context and the 4 criteria. Even Moretti, whos the godfather of scoring, surely heard about GGG wanting to fight Mexican style yet went lazy jab athon just to look busy, he even gave it to GGG the first fight.

The second fight, Moretti must of thought, ''fook this mate, you're taking the piss, Canelo showed you...''

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
            DAZN - is one of the worst names you can come up for a business. Unpronounceable and pronounced very different from what rules of conventional reading would dictate, apparently meaningless and has no flow or at least an intrigue or a cool factor. Their marketing either overthought this or was too lazy to come up with something good. Change your name, do the re-branding at this early stage before it costs you $200m.
            yeah mayne! HBO or Hulu are P4P the best acronyms or gangsta phonetics in the game...

Comment

1st thing I ask is how did you score the rounds! I don't like total scores because a lot don't asthmatically add up unless they did some 10-10 rounds or 9-9???

And when som GGG fans came out saying no WAY Canelo won more than 2 rounds??? You know what thats all about... Dougie Fisch said good sht on this today.

As I type this, I realize that there will probably always be controversy with Canelo because A) he does the get the benefit of the doubt in close rounds (and there’s often that one official judge bends WAY over backwards for him), and B) he’s got a dedicated legion of haters that will give his opponent’s more credit – round by round – than they deserve; so if the Mexican star legitimately wins a close/competitive fight by scores of 115-113 or 116-112, there’s going to be an outcry from biased hardcore fans and disgruntled boxing insiders that will claim Jacobs won by 115-113 margin or that the bout should have been a draw.

So, basically, the boxing world wants the best to fight he best, but we can’t tolerate a close decision after a hotly contested fight if one of the combatants is a star/media darling like Canelo. It is what it is.
              Truest comment ever written & truest thing Dougie Fischer has ever written. Any decision that goes Canelos way despite being a great fight,will automatically be ruled a robbery by most the biased media full of gggimps scorned.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                ALL IS GOTTA SAY IS THAT DAZN BETTER HAVE ENOUGH BANDWIDTH TO KEEP THE STREAM SMOOTH AND HIGH QUALITY. I GOT HIGH SPEED INTERNET HARDWIRED TO MY PS4, SO IT BETTER NOT START LAGGING!!
                Good luck with that. I upgraded my internet also so hopefully no problems this time.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
                  I mean, ESPN's name worked out well for them...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                    Nobody breaks down the rounds or say how the other fighter won the round. Nobody does that because they’re content with general fads for what others say.
                    Canelo GGG 2

Rounds 1-3 were tight rounds. GGG landing more punches and generally controlling the round with his volume, and Canelo landing the best punch/combo of each round. I've had each guy up 2-1 after 3, with each guy taking different rounds at times. 2-1 after 3 is the right score, let's say Canelo up 2-1 after 3.

Rounds 4-5 were clear rounds for GGG. He settled in a little more and started landing a few big shots of his own in the rounds. Combined with his again outlanding Canelo by a significant margin in each round, these were clear rounds for him. Round 5 is interesting, as this was the one round where Canelo did force GGG to fight on the back foot. But GGG did it extremely well and showed us some skills he has never really had to display before. 3-2 GGG after 5.

Rounds 6-8 were fairly tight rounds. I usually split these 2/3 for the guy who I gave 1/3 of the first 3 rounds to. So that would be 5-3 GGG. Probably the right score in a close competitive fight where there were 6 close rounds, and 2 clear rounds for one guy. I could see 4-4 at this point but I think that is being pretty kind to Canelo.

Rounds 9-11 were clear rounds for GGG. At this point he is warmed up and since he never really has stamina issues, these mid-late rounds are where he can really gain an advantage over Canelo, who will always start out faster/quicker than GGG, but once it gets late in the fight it seems hard for Canelo to keep weathering the constant pressure and scoring from GGG. Could see 8-3 or 7-4 after 11.

Round 12s are always tough for me to score, especially when the fight isn't in doubt. They are usually all heart rounds, and if I don't need to score it, I usually just enjoy watching it to see what each guy has left. To me 9-3 to 7-5 were the acceptable range of scores in this fight, with 8-4 probably being the best. Which makes sense when you have one guy winning 5 clear rounds, and then having 7 close rounds.

How did you score it?
                    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 05-03-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

[/B]

Canelo GGG 2

Rounds 1-3 were tight rounds. GGG landing more punches and generally controlling the round with his volume, and Canelo landing the best punch/combo of each round. I've had each guy up 2-1 after 3, with each guy taking different rounds at times. 2-1 after 3 is the right score, let's say Canelo up 2-1 after 3.

Rounds 4-5 were clear rounds for GGG. He settled in a little more and started landing a few big shots of his own in the rounds. Combined with his again outlanding Canelo by a significant margin in each round, these were clear rounds for him. Round 5 is interesting, as this was the one round where Canelo did force GGG to fight on the back foot. But GGG did it extremely well and showed us some skills he has never really had to display before. 3-2 GGG after 5.

Rounds 6-8 were fairly tight rounds. I usually split these 2/3 for the guy who I gave 1/3 of the first 3 rounds to. So that would be 5-3 GGG. Probably the right score in a close competitive fight where there were 6 close rounds, and 2 clear rounds for one guy. I could see 4-4 at this point but I think that is being pretty kind to Canelo.

Rounds 9-11 were clear rounds for GGG. At this point he is warmed up and since he never really has stamina issues, these mid-late rounds are where he can really gain an advantage over Canelo, who will always start out faster/quicker than GGG, but once it gets late in the fight it seems hard for Canelo to keep weathering the constant pressure and scoring from GGG. Could see 8-3 or 7-4 after 11.

Round 12s are always tough for me to score, especially when the fight isn't in doubt. They are usually all heart rounds, and if I don't need to score it, I usually just enjoy watching it to see what each guy has left. To me 9-3 to 7-5 were the acceptable range of scores in this fight, with 8-4 probably being the best. Which makes sense when you have one guy winning 5 clear rounds, and then having 7 close rounds.

How did you score it?

Comment

Working...
                      X